Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Crusties R'us

Thanks
    Thanked 1,408 Times in 1,115 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    From China?
    Time was when this country led the world in the manufacture of dim witted, unwashed West Country drunks, but now are reduced to importing cheap plastic imitations from China.

Thanks
    That's very funny.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by albertcornercrew View Post
    So,they are not indigenous crusties then, but cheap imported ones?
    Well there is that derelict (once very successful) business I was telling you about. In the 50s the new factory was opened and it was the biz, designed by Barbara Hepworth no less. All the bigwigs were there to officially open it, and now it is an Eastern European squat. The guessing bit is that this squat has now overflowed with imported Eastern European crusties and this land marks the overspill. It's just the opposite side of the road from the factory, and you can see them parked up all down the road the factory is on. They even tried to petition our town council to oppose planning permission from Brewers Inn, a respectable business which pays its taxes and buys the land it resides on, a concept very foreign to crusties. The reason was the new development could cause "climate change". There is taking the piss as well know it, but this is taking the piss as we don't know it! I feel like Captain Kirk. ("What do you make of it - Spock")
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked."Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē

Thanks
    BJ's father was one of the crusties!

Thanks
    BJ has been known to hang out in our town. I thought this town was the pits and surely it is not like this elsewhere, but tonight we were invaded by a whole load of Welsh ones. Has anyone been or lived in Pwllheli? They looked like they were out of some horror film.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked."Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē