Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Brexit: Opposition parties 'will not yet push for confidence vote'

Thanks
    Thanked 1,408 Times in 1,115 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post

I suspect you will be telling us on the first of november if its no deal and the uk has left that we havent really left.?
    Well yes.

Truckkie and Co have spent the last three years telling us that 48% is more than 52%, so kidding themselves that if we leave on the 1 November we ain't, will be all par for the course.

As far as I can see there are three dogs in this fight.

There is the stolid remainer that thinks well, things have been going ok so far so why change now.

And there is the stolid leaver who thinks well, Johnny Foreigner may do a lot of things better than us but I want to screw things up my own way.

And then there is a third dog that sometimes supports leave but usually remain and secretly (and maybe not so secretly) wonders why on earth the common folk were ever consulted or even given the vote.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Borchester For This Useful Post:

thomas (09-10-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,178 Times in 854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukhari View Post
    So you're just going to ignore the problems with the poll you posted as evidence or the fact that a 2% difference which likely falls within the margin of error for the poll means there is no majority? Lets be honest an actual 2% lead still wouldn't constitute a majority by any reasonable standards.

There is no majority for Brexit or a no deal Brexit. The country is divided on the topic but I see you're determined to maintain the dishonest narrative that Brexit is the 'will of the people'. I'm not sure if you are repeating the lie in order to convince others it's the truth or if you're just one of those who've been taken in by the 'will of the people' nonsense that's been spouted over the last three years.

You don't even seem to understand that GE results are not an accurate proxy for support for Brexit. Only another referendum will give us that information and even then it's going to be distorted by the utter nonsense being spouted by leave proponents
    So what you seem to be saying is that an election won't show a true result, a referendum won't show a true result because of course the idiots that voted out last time will still be swayed by more lies. So we will just have to stick with the last ref majority decision. Oh good because there was a definite majority there.

Have held my breath so long I'm going blue! xx

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,048 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukhari View Post
    So you're just going to ignore the problems with the poll you posted as evidence or the fact that a 2% difference which likely falls within the margin of error for the poll means there is no majority? Lets be honest an actual 2% lead still wouldn't constitute a majority by any reasonable standards.

There is no majority for Brexit or a no deal Brexit. The country is divided on the topic but I see you're determined to maintain the dishonest narrative that Brexit is the 'will of the people'. I'm not sure if you are repeating the lie in order to convince others it's the truth or if you're just one of those who've been taken in by the 'will of the people' nonsense that's been spouted over the last three years.

You don't even seem to understand that GE results are not an accurate proxy for support for Brexit. Only another referendum will give us that information and even then it's going to be distorted by the utter nonsense being spouted by leave proponents
    What problems with the poll?

Comres as discussed are a highly respected member of the british polling council , abide by and agree to its rules, and if they were posting out dodgy polls there would be repercussions from the polling council not to mention irreparable damage to their reputation.

You might not like what the poll says , that doesnt mean there is a problem with it.

You don't even seem to understand that GE results are not an accurate proxy for support for Brexit.
    Stop twisting my words to suit your dishonest verbal diahorrea.

Where is all this remain majority in the uk you keep bleating when you cant win a single major vote to date?

You have been caught out talking absolute rubbish yet again , while your head is so far up your own arse you dont know if you are coming or going.
    "Pour l’Angleterre … il n’y a pas d’alliance qui tienne, ni de traité qui vaille, ni la vérité qui compte." Charles De Gaulle

Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    So what you seem to be saying is that an election won't show a true result, a referendum won't show a true result because of course the idiots that voted out last time will still be swayed by more lies. So we will just have to stick with the last ref majority decision. Oh good because there was a definite majority there.
    No what trukkie is saying is he rejects polls , general elections and referendums if any or all dont back up what he is saying for remain.

in short , waste of space easily dismissed.
    "Pour l’Angleterre … il n’y a pas d’alliance qui tienne, ni de traité qui vaille, ni la vérité qui compte." Charles De Gaulle

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thomas For This Useful Post:

T00ts (09-10-2019)

Thanks
    ....and a wee bit more polling for trukhari to bury his head in the sand about while screaming its not true...

The option Parliament is trying to force on the nation is the FOURTH most popular of five, and is less popular than Don't Know. No-deal is way out in front. Totals: Leave options: 50% Remain options: 20%Second referendum: 20%Don't know: 11%