Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Will BJ walk?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,178 Times in 854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeppityDawg View Post
    Forget the horse. That was just an icebreaker. Let me buy you a tonic water and we'll talk about pantomimes.
    You Sir are incorrigible!

Have held my breath so long I'm going blue! xx

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,400 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    You Sir are incorrigible!
    I don't do those cheap Spanish package hoidyas. I'm definitely in the UK.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeppityDawg For This Useful Post:

Borchester (16-09-2019), T00ts (16-09-2019)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    What's needed now is for all our living ex-prime ministers to issue a joint statement and better still, hold a joint press conference. Imagine a 'Gang of Five' consisting of John Major, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, David Cameron and even Theresa May, standing shoulder to shoulder in condemnation of Boris Johnson, the most oafish and irresponsible prime minister we've had in modern times. That would really hit home. Add in a few ex-leaders of the opposition as well, and the message would be stronger still - I'm thinking William Hague and Neil Kinnock. All these politicians are, of course flawed and some of them bear some responsibility for the mess we're in now. But if they can pull out all the stops to bring an end to the madness, then it's for the good.
    29,089,259 people did not say LEAVE

Thanks
    Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,662 Posts
    Can I be Widow Twankey?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Barry For This Useful Post:

T00ts (16-09-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,662 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperduck Quack Quack View Post
    What's needed now is for all our living ex-prime ministers to issue a joint statement and better still, hold a joint press conference. Imagine a 'Gang of Five' consisting of John Major, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, David Cameron and even Theresa May, standing shoulder to shoulder in condemnation of Boris Johnson, the most oafish and irresponsible prime minister we've had in modern times. That would really hit home. Add in a few ex-leaders of the opposition as well, and the message would be stronger still - I'm thinking William Hague and Neil Kinnock. All these politicians are, of course flawed and some of them bear some responsibility for the mess we're in now. But if they can pull out all the stops to bring an end to the madness, then it's for the good.
    Yeah, but they're all has-beens, and each has a reason for that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,178 Times in 854 Posts
    The only opinion that carries any weight is the one of the electorate who have shown repeatedly now that we want out. Not an underhand out in name only, not a maybe in a few years time, and most definitely not a revoke A50.

It doesn't matter how remainers twist stuff, it doesn't matter how much they squirm under the weight of their failure to persuade the rest of us. It doesn't matter how many has-been leaders they drum up to put a bullet to our heads. The majority are still waiting for someone to keep their word. Take away that last shred of integrity and politics, leadership and trust will be gone. The question is no longer how much leavers are prepared for but just how much are remainers prepared to risk?

Have held my breath so long I'm going blue! xx

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Yeah, but they're all has-beens, and each has a reason for that.
    Then who better to decide if Boris Johnson should be added to their number ASAP?

Thanks
    It will be interesting for sure.
    Not really. Just more of the same Tory bullshit.

First we had May ****-talking the EU at home then being realistic in Brussels, now we have Boris ****-talking the EU at home (While calling them 'friend') and presumably just downing shots with his EU counterparts to pass the time while he does nothing in Brussels.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The only opinion that carries any weight is the one of the electorate who have shown repeatedly now that we want out. Not an underhand out in name only, not a maybe in a few years time, and most definitely not a revoke A50.

It doesn't matter how remainers twist stuff, it doesn't matter how much they squirm under the weight of their failure to persuade the rest of us. It doesn't matter how many has-been leaders they drum up to put a bullet to our heads. The majority are still waiting for someone to keep their word. Take away that last shred of integrity and politics, leadership and trust will be gone. The question is no longer how much leavers are prepared for but just how much are remainers prepared to risk?
    The electorate have only shown they wanted 'out' once, in June 2016 and then only very slightly. Theresa May threw away a majority when she called an election while in the EU elections earlier this year more people voted for parties that want to remain in the EU than for parties that want to leave. That's without even counting Conservative or Labour. If you did count them as broadly supporting leave and remain respectively, then the support for remain would have been even more. The headline was all about how well the Brexit Party did, but that was mostly at the expense of UKIP.

You can lecture and shout as much as you like, but if your facts are wrong (or merely debatable) then don't be surprised when someone points it out to you.

All posts as an ordinary member unless marked mod notice.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,849 Times in 2,088 Posts
    Why stop there quackers.....hold a seance to see what Churchill,Wilson,supermac and Thatcher think.
    The new parliamentary democracy,it's not the will of the people that counts but the will of 650......will come back to haunt them.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cromwell For This Useful Post:

DeppityDawg (16-09-2019)