Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Clegg or Robinson

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    3,066
    Thanks
    1,418
    Thanked 1,466 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pano View Post
    My point is: If Tommy was an Oxbridge guy he would not be in prison. Tommy Robinsons integrity is fully intact whereas Clegg has no integrity. OK if we jailed people for not having any integrity e would be deep in the shite. But remember that old Borstal adage: When 2 Bortsal boys pillow fight they are scoundrels who should be punished. When 2 posh Eton boys pillow fight they are "skylarking"?
    Two borstal boys are far more likely to have a knife fight! If Yaxley-Lennon had been an Oxbrdge graduate, he would probably have found a more productive manner to vent his spleen. He is as much a racist as Jeremy Corbyn and each are prime examples of scum of the earth - all extremists are!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Sinic For This Useful Post:

    cromwell (12-09-2019)

  3. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,382
    Thanks
    837
    Thanked 259 Times in 197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    Two borstal boys are far more likely to have a knife fight! If Yaxley-Lennon had been an Oxbrdge graduate, he would probably have found a more productive manner to vent his spleen. He is as much a racist as Jeremy Corbyn and each are prime examples of scum of the earth - all extremists are!
    I look forward to knowing which race he hates.
    those princes have accomplished most who paid little heed to keeping their promises, but who knew how to manipulate the minds of men craftily.

    Machiavelli, The Prince

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    3,066
    Thanks
    1,418
    Thanked 1,466 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scott777 View Post
    I look forward to knowing which race he hates.
    You use the word hate , not I! Prejudice does not have to extend to the extremes of hate to be racism. However Yaxley-Lennon's racism seems to focus exclusively on Muslims just as Corbyn and the hard left of Labour seems to focus exclusively on Jews.

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,382
    Thanks
    837
    Thanked 259 Times in 197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    You use the word hate , not I! Prejudice does not have to extend to the extremes of hate to be racism. However Yaxley-Lennon's racism seems to focus exclusively on Muslims just as Corbyn and the hard left of Labour seems to focus exclusively on Jews.
    Fair enough, the severity is ambiguous, it certainly has been defined differently over time. But the point is, Muslims do not represent any race, so you haven't provided an explanation.
    those princes have accomplished most who paid little heed to keeping their promises, but who knew how to manipulate the minds of men craftily.

    Machiavelli, The Prince

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    3,066
    Thanks
    1,418
    Thanked 1,466 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scott777 View Post
    Fair enough, the severity is ambiguous, it certainly has been defined differently over time. But the point is, Muslims do not represent any race, so you haven't provided an explanation.


    Yaxley-Lennon is guilty of what one might specifically call 'islamaphobia' (although a trick cyclist might question whether it is a phobia) and Corbyn et al of anti-semitism. However my view. and the view of all but a pedant , is that each is a form of racism using the word to give it its common and current broader meaning.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,382
    Thanks
    837
    Thanked 259 Times in 197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    Yaxley-Lennon is guilty of what one might specifically call 'islamaphobia' (although a trick cyclist might question whether it is a phobia) and Corbyn et al of anti-semitism. However my view. and the view of all but a pedant , is that each is a form of racism using the word to give it its common and current broader meaning.
    In the same way that fascist and racist are words to describe Brexit voters in the common and current broader meaning?
    those princes have accomplished most who paid little heed to keeping their promises, but who knew how to manipulate the minds of men craftily.

    Machiavelli, The Prince

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pixels on your screen
    Posts
    10,927
    Thanks
    2,408
    Thanked 2,259 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pano View Post
    Tommy Robinsons integrity is fully intact
    If I might stop you there.
    Have you seen his list of previous convictions?
    Do you think the courts have been persecuting him without reason on several occasions?
    He's not a champion of decency and democracy. He's a proven violent thug and a proven conman and a proven disrespecter of the courts.

    But his integrity is intact - you are having a giraffe.
    Rollocks to Remaining

Similar Threads

  1. UK has to leave EU or have Tommy Robinson as an MEP
    By Patman Post in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-04-2019, 09:30 PM
  2. Tommy Robinson going to court again and being persecuted
    By scott777 in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 15-03-2019, 05:32 PM
  3. Tommy Robinson
    By BumblinB in forum Brexit
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 27-02-2019, 12:30 AM
  4. Tommy Robinson's Appeal
    By Baron von Lotsov in forum Political News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2018, 01:39 PM
  5. Robinson: 'We are not giving up'
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-01-2013, 04:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •