Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MPs demand Parliament be recalled after Scottish prorogation court ruling

Thanks
    Blog Entries

MPs demand Parliament be recalled after Scottish prorogation court ruling

The BBC reports Labour and the SNP say it should return as soon as possible so scrutiny of the government can resume.

More...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevectaylor View Post
    The BBC reports Labour and the SNP say it should return as soon as possible so scrutiny of the government can resume.

More...
    Gosh, who would have expected that?

The case will have to go to the Supreme Court which will take another week. And then everyone goes off for their annual conferences, with the last one being the Tories, which finishes on 2 October. That gives the opposition an extra 12 days to dig themselves into an even deeper hole

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Borchester For This Useful Post:

scott777 (11-09-2019)

Thanks
    If the conferences go ahead, I think there is a rule that no other business is discussed at that time so there are no detractions form each party. That could be interesting.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassie View Post
    If the conferences go ahead, I think there is a rule that no other business is discussed at that time so there are no detractions form each party. That could be interesting.
    The worse things get the more likely a general election, which means that none of the parties will miss out on the chance to rally the troops. It will rain beer before any of the conferences are cancelled.

Thanks
    the wasters complain about parliament being suspended, then they want to take 3 weeks off for pointless so called conferences

lib conf - hail new leader, we love you jo. greetings chuka. greetings sarah. greeting philip. etc. bollox to brexit bollox to brexit bollox to brexit
    tory conf- what are you lot doing in here, we chucked you out. you are a ****. no you are a ****. you're a ****. you're a ****
    lab conf - you're a **** you're a **** you're a **** you're a **** you're a ****

then all go to the disco, do some dad dancing, get drunk, and sponge off some freebies

idiots

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    the wasters complain about parliament being suspended, then they want to take 3 weeks off for pointless so called conferences

lib conf - hail new leader, we love you jo. greetings chuka. greetings sarah. greeting philip. etc. bollox to brexit bollox to brexit bollox to brexit
    tory conf- what are you lot doing in here, we chucked you out. you are a ****. no you are a ****. you're a ****. you're a ****
    lab conf - you're a **** you're a **** you're a **** you're a **** you're a ****

then all go to the disco, do some dad dancing, get drunk, and sponge off some freebies

idiots

You didn't give us a resume of the Labour conference
    I for one am sick and tired of Scottish bodies sticking their oars into our affairs, particularly their SNP representative in Parliament - a nasty piece of work
    Scottish population 5,254,800
    English population 67,599,209
    Disproportional influence
    A Hand Up Not A Hand Out
    Terms and Conditions Apply

Thanks
    Thanked 2,259 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Funny thing is I hadn't realised the English courts had said it was lawful, before the Scottish courts said unlawful. Thatis because the BBC stayed quiet about the ENglish courts, but have been blurting it out every 30 minutes on the radio as I drove up the M6. (Which was blocked).
    No sensationalism in approval by the courts, but plenty to stir up over disapproval.
    Shall we wait for the Welsh and Northern Ireland courts now and see who is the winner?
    Rollocks to Remaining

All posts as an ordinary member unless marked mod notice.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,825 Times in 2,080 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Funny thing is I hadn't realised the English courts had said it was lawful, before the Scottish courts said unlawful. Thatis because the BBC stayed quiet about the ENglish courts, but have been blurting it out every 30 minutes on the radio as I drove up the M6. (Which was blocked).
    No sensationalism in approval by the courts, but plenty to stir up over disapproval.
    Shall we wait for the Welsh and Northern Ireland courts now and see who is the winner?
    So that would be best of four,pretty much how some see the referendum.........till they get what they want.
    The new parliamentary democracy,it's not the will of the people that counts but the will of 650......will come back to haunt them.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,259 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    So that would be best of four,pretty much how some see the referendum.........till they get what they want.
    I know, but I can't see Queen Elizabeth changing her decision, somehow.
    Rollocks to Remaining

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Barry For This Useful Post:

scott777 (11-09-2019)

Thanks
    As I understand it, the Scottish court says Boris broke the law by requesting prorogation, because of his reasons to request it. But the prorogation itself is done by Queenie, so it seems that isn't illegal, unless Queenie has broken the law. So would this stop prorogation, even if the UK supreme court agrees? Or would it just mean Boris is in trouble?
    those princes have accomplished most who paid little heed to keeping their promises, but who knew how to manipulate the minds of men craftily.

Machiavelli, The Prince