Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Judge refuses to halt Parliament suspension plans ahead of full hearing

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 981 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
    You also admitted the Conservatives were good at what they do somehow,watch and learn.They are wearing ballet shoes today.
    Not quite sheepy , i said i admired them as an election winning political machine. Every dog has its day though.You cant win all the time.

Still , if they dont brexit by halloween , im dying to see how they bullshit their way out of that one......
    "Pour l’Angleterre … il n’y a pas d’alliance qui tienne, ni de traité qui vaille, ni la vérité qui compte." Charles De Gaulle

Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    Not quite sheepy , i said i admired them as an election winning political machine. Every dog has its day though.You cant win all the time.

Still , if they dont brexit by halloween , im dying to see how they bullshit their way out of that one......
    We have their votes and a fair proportion of Labour votes as well,there isn't anything they wouldn't do to get them back and retain power.Except drawing the line at direct democracy,that does frighten them all witless.Remember populism has it faults,lol.
    A nice long glug of Kool aid on its way no doubt.
    This is a fight between the establishment with its power to create false impressions and the people's right of democracy.One vote one person.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 981 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post
    I am not suggesting that the Scottish courts can be nobbled Tommy, but I doubt that they want the fuss. So I reckon that the matter will passed from one court to another until after Brexit when it will be passed its sell by date.
    funnily enough borkie , believe it or not but traditionally , the scottish courts and legal profession have for three centuries been one of the most pro independence institutions in scotland. I dont doubt you are right though , casue all that is happening is the courts hearing arguments on wether or not advice to the queen is lawfull on proroguing parliament , and the snp are playing the long game rather than giving a feck about english remainers staying in the eu short term , so it doesnt really matter if it gets delayed till after the big day.

Boris is, like de Gaulle, a politician and thus a lying toerag. But he has promised Brexit by Halloween and neither the Tories or Brexit party will forgive him if he does not deliver. I would not be surprised if some sort of deal has not been made with Wee Krankie. There is no way she can get her troops to support the Tories, but she might tell them to sit out any votes of no confidence etc. Scotland has 59 MPs, at least 46 of whom would not piddle on the blond moppet if his trousers caught fire. So I doubt that he will be really bothered by an independent Scotland
    As i said borkie , brexit has made strange bedfellows. There are a few feckers i have a score to settle with , and let me tell you borkie we scottish hold a grudge for life , where i wouldnt flicker an eyelid shafting a number of people big time after what was done to us in 2014.

As a wise man was supposed to have once famously said , if at first ye dont succeed , try try again.

The snp dont give a feck about the uk remaining , they are simply playing to the unionist remainer gallery in scotland ......softly softly catchee monkey approach.
    "Pour l’Angleterre … il n’y a pas d’alliance qui tienne, ni de traité qui vaille, ni la vérité qui compte." Charles De Gaulle

Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

Thanks
    Thanked 1,772 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    Hey borkie , i know you like a wee bit of history myth and legend , well heres another wee snippet fur ye.

You ever heard the legend of kenny mackenzie? Kenny "the sallow" mackenzie , legend has it , lived in the 17th century in scotland and was the scottish nostradamus. Also known as the brahan seer.

Apparently legend has it kenny had the gift of second sight , and predicted things like culloden , the political union with england , or aberdeen becoming massivley rich with oil ( black gold)

A few other snippets spring to mind. He predicted the reconvening of the scottish parliament when men could walk fae england to france without getting their feet wet. ( channell tunnel opened in 1994 , our parliament in 1999.)

Best wan was he predicted after that scotland and england would fall out over europe , and end the union. Fingers crossed borkie.
    Did he perchance suggest who might win the 2:30 at kempton ? Bet Victor is itching to hand me some free bets !!
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue" (Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929")