Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: No-deal Brexit: Flu vaccine delays 'likely'

All posts as an ordinary member unless marked mod notice.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,825 Times in 2,080 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scott777 View Post
    Excellent news. Viruses are becoming resistant to vaccines because people use them so much and for little reason. We really should clamp down on this.
    Cobblers,viruses don't just become resistant to vaccines,antibiotics though are useless on viruses,two different things.
    The new parliamentary democracy,it's not the will of the people that counts but the will of 650......will come back to haunt them.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    So much of the recent alarm and shortage warnings, whether it is about medicines or shoes or woollen vests for the elderly, remind me of the little girl who cried 'Wolf' so often that when one with a hunger on did tip up, her cries for help were ignored and the little girl was no more.

I fully accept that there will many be localised, short term shortages of all sorts of items from corn plasters to sprouting broccoli, from white port to masking tape, but I do find myself distrusting the prophets of doom promises of a never ending stream of human misery that will befall the nation on the 1st November.
    This country f's up without a cause. Imagine what it would do with one! The little darlings' brains will not be able to cope with a change of routine, never mind the challenge of thinking for themselves where they need to. Copy the next man they say, but when the first does not know, they are b'ed!
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked."Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē

Thanks
    Thanked 2,259 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    Cobblers,viruses don't just become resistant to vaccines,antibiotics though are useless on viruses,two different things.
    That's true.
    The way viruses get around vaccines is to mutate into a slightly different one that the vaccine does not cover for. They are constantly doing this.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/viruses/types.htm
    Rollocks to Remaining

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    That's true.
    The way viruses get around vaccines is to mutate into a slightly different one that the vaccine does not cover for. They are constantly doing this.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/viruses/types.htm
    It's splitting hairs. The virus mutates, and the mutation makes it resistant, but it's significantly the same virus. Human genes mutate all the time, but we don't form a different species.
    those princes have accomplished most who paid little heed to keeping their promises, but who knew how to manipulate the minds of men craftily.

Machiavelli, The Prince

Thanks
    A lot of it is just cleanliness. For example, the easiest way for a virus to go from one person to another is if you share a cup. It's relatively difficult for viruses to infect through the air. some can and some can't, but make it easy for them, and you just make your own problems.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked."Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē