Thread: The Boris Speech

Thanks

The Boris Speech

I listened to it via LBC today and he seems to be sticking to the renegotiation strategy which is a non-starter since no such option exists. That moves him onto a no deal Brexit without explicitely saying as much.

He didn't appear to answer the questions asked by journalists and I understand they had the microphone taken off then after they'd asked their question to prevent them asking any follow up questions.

All very stiring stuff on taking the UK forward into a golden age.

Thanks
    I watched it and TBH I thought it was pretty lack lustre, but then all the hustings I have seen have left me a bit too cool to light any kind of fire. I had hoped that there would be a clear front runner and thought Boris would be it but either his minders have clipped his wings or he simply hadn't got a fire in himself. Disappointing - but then I am at the point where I can't muster any real faith in anyone in Westminster.

My vote is still homeless.
    My vote counts just as much as your's xx

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    I watched it and TBH I thought it was pretty lack lustre, but then all the hustings I have seen have left me a bit too cool to light any kind of fire. I had hoped that there would be a clear front runner and thought Boris would be it but either his minders have clipped his wings or he simply hadn't got a fire in himself. Disappointing - but then I am at the point where I can't muster any real faith in anyone in Westminster.

My vote is still homeless.
    It seems his minders are keen to keep him away from proper questioning since he'll just dig himself into a hole.

Rory Stewart has come across more positively than the others when I've heard him speak but it doesn't seem he has the numbers backing him.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukhari View Post
    It seems his minders are keen to keep him away from proper questioning since he'll just dig himself into a hole.

Rory Stewart has come across more positively than the others when I've heard him speak but it doesn't seem he has the numbers backing him.
    I found RS a bit weak. Then he supported the Labour power grab scheduled for today until he walked off stage then changed his mind or had it changed for him.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to T00ts For This Useful Post:

thomas (12-06-2019)

Thanks
    Boris is the incompetent creature who offended other countries when F.S. He really is unfit for any office of state.
    Yet I suspect the self serving Tory MPs will endorse him. Just shut the country down and leave.

Thanks
    I can't help but feel that Boris has the ability to delegate and find the best people. He might just be the right man to have an over-view allowing others to cope with the detail. Perhaps that is how a leader should be. Trouble is whoever is PM the knives are out and won't get sheathed easily. Lack of discipline within Westminster has created a legacy that may be hard to change.