Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will be the first to fall ?

Thanks
    So it appears that Ruth Davidson has been lying again.

But it’s not like she doesn’t have history of being caught out in falsehoods.

Wings Over Scotland has exposed near-countless untruths from the Tory branch-office leader in the last couple of years, like this one on election statistics and this one on support for a second indyref and this one about the NHS and this one about the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors and etc etc.
    Fact-check website The Ferret has also pulled Davidson up personally on numerous occasions – including on immigration, the **** clause and literacy figures – on top of her party’s general habit of truth-economy.

Since being elected as the MSP for Edinburgh Central more than two years ago, the number of constituency surgeries Davidson has held can, as far as we can establish, be counted on the fingers of one hand.

While she’s never short of time to appear on Have I Got News For You or The Great British Bake-Off, or write books, or be a pretend soldier, or trot down to London to talk about independence (while simultaneously demanding that everyone else must STOP talking about independence) or attend a wacky photo opportunity, she seems to find it rather harder to get round to replying to letters from the people she represents.

When an MSP won’t reply to written letters or emails, when she won’t hold face-to-face surgeries, when she literally runs away from tricky questions on TV or radio on the extremely rare occasions she’s pinned down and asked any:
    She is being caught out more and more on her bullshit and her reputation is starting to preceed her.

The tories have a massive problem in their ranks if this waste of space bench warming clown is seen as the messiah to the tory leadership problems.
    "Pour l’Angleterre … il n’y a pas d’alliance qui tienne, ni de traité qui vaille, ni la vérité qui compte." Charles De Gaulle

Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post
    Speaking as a Tory reactionary, Ms Davidson can bonk every agreeable lady in the British Army and have ten kids with each of them as far as I am concerned. Our Ruth's problem is not her life style so much as her tin political ear. Apparently, just when you thought he had enough problems, she has come out in support of Javid.
    I went to a Maggie Thatcher memorial dinner (!!!) some years ago, and the MP there said all that he was ever asked about was same sex marriage. The old folk (even older than you Borky) aren't as enlightened. However, that was a few years ago and they might be pushing up daisies now.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    To me the same sex marriage is an irrelevance as to being fit to hold office.

To me if they agree with it then it makes them unfit to run a tap, never mind a political office.

Imagine what the rest of the world thinks of these idiots who follow this nonsense. In Kenya the people can't believe what they are hearing when they hear that Britain believe a man a can become a woman. What madness will be next, since it is getting worse?
    Who cares where you were wot night
    Now we have you under this light

All posts as an ordinary member unless marked mod notice.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Lotsov View Post
    To me if they agree with it then it makes them unfit to run a tap, never mind a political office.

Imagine what the rest of the world thinks of these idiots who follow this nonsense. In Kenya the people can't believe what they are hearing when they hear that Britain believe a man a can become a woman. What madness will be next, since it is getting worse?
    Well the People of Kenya live in the dark ages,what does someone being lesbian have to do with being able to carry out a job?
    The new parliamentary democracy,it's not the will of the people that counts but the will of 650......will come back to haunt them.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cromwell For This Useful Post:

Borchester (12-06-2019), Streetwalker (12-06-2019), thomas (12-06-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    Well the People of Kenya live in the dark ages,what does someone being lesbian have to do with being able to carry out a job?
    It's when the cretins concern themselves with this nonsense when in a job which concerns me. This country is looking like it has lost the plot. I will not vote for any politician who says he is into LGBT issues.
    Who cares where you were wot night
    Now we have you under this light

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Lotsov View Post
    It's when the cretins concern themselves with this nonsense when in a job which concerns me. This country is looking like it has lost the plot. I will not vote for any politician who says he is into LGBT issues.
    im not here to defend ruth davidson .

In fact i cant stand the woman.

Personally i have not one interest in what she is up to in her love/sex life.

Any politician i support or take an interest in is purely based on merit , and ability to do their job whilst making my life easier in the process.
    "Pour l’Angleterre … il n’y a pas d’alliance qui tienne, ni de traité qui vaille, ni la vérité qui compte." Charles De Gaulle

Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thomas For This Useful Post:

Borchester (12-06-2019), cromwell (12-06-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 845 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quite. Indeed, it used to be said that the only thing Parliament could not do was turn a boy into a girl and vice versa. And now it can. It would appear that the Kenyan legislature has some catching up to do.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 889 Posts
    The first to go I would hope are remoaners
    Hancock
    Harper
    Hunt
    Stewart

Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 1,191 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well,they come under starters orders at 1pm today ...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 1,191 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As you know, my problem isthe likes of Harriet Harman who demands a black, an Asian, a woman, a homosexual or one who has mutilated their body into a form other than they got are entitled to a job interview on that basis, and all should be considered for the job ahead of a white straight man,...unless the job is the one her union official husband held ...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"