Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 73

Thread: Ford plans to close Bridgend factory

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    1,301
    Thanks
    243
    Thanked 237 Times in 175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    Cant help it nick it was yet another epic failure of yours on this forum.

    You waffling on about world trade as though you are george soros and you wont even admit a city that lies 200 miles north of you is on the island of britain. FFS the river ribble 17 miles from you used to be the scottish border at one point in history ya daft bugger.

    Still you carry on wae your diversions to cover your ever increasing blushes nick. You cant even spell the word educate.

    My 14 year old probably knows more about world trade history and geography than you.
    Seeing as you're not capable to educating your self and all you have are petty insults I've done the very easy job for you.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Britain

    Get your lad to read it to you if you're struggling with the big words.
    I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,608
    Thanks
    1,683
    Thanked 902 Times in 745 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Seeing as you're not capable to educating your self and all you have are petty insults I've done the very easy job for you.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Britain

    Get your lad to read it to you if you're struggling with the big words.
    So Glasgow isnt in Britain nick is that what you are still saying? You are now defining "britain " as based on roman britain , and according to your very own link

    Roman Britain (Latin: Britannia[1] or, later, Britanniae, "the Britains") was the area of the island of Great Britain that was governed by the Roman Empire, from 43 to 410 AD.[2]:129–131[3] It comprised almost the whole of England and Wales and, for a short period, southern Scotland.
    It goes on..

    In the reign of Antoninus Pius (138–161) the Hadrianic border was briefly extended north to the Forth–Clyde isthmus, where the Antonine Wall was built around 142 following the military reoccupation of the Scottish lowlands by a new governor, Quintus Lollius Urbicus.
    Do you understand this bit nick? The bit about southern scotland , from the forth clyde isthmus southwards , being part of roman britian at one point?

    The river clyde runs through glasgow nick , and there is a big roman wall called the antonine wall , running through north glasgow from the roman days. So according to your link and definition of "britain" , glasgow is ,after all, in britain.

    Glad you cleared that up nick , i know who to come to for instruction in future.
    "Pour l’Angleterre … il n’y a pas d’alliance qui tienne, ni de traité qui vaille, ni la vérité qui compte." Charles De Gaulle

    Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    1,301
    Thanks
    243
    Thanked 237 Times in 175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    So Glasgow isnt in Britain nick is that what you are still saying? You are now defining "britain " as based on roman britain , and according to your very own link



    It goes on..



    Do you understand this bit nick? The bit about southern scotland , from the forth clyde isthmus southwards , being part of roman britian at one point?

    The river clyde runs through glasgow nick , and there is a big roman wall called the antonine wall , running through north glasgow from the roman days. So according to your link and definition of "britain" , glasgow is ,after all, in britain.

    Glad you cleared that up nick , i know who to come to for instruction in future.
    Britain expanded and contracted a few times throughout history, the fact is England, Scotland and Wales didn't exist at this time so in reality bits of Scotland have never been part of Britain.


    http://bitaboutbritain.com/what-does-britain-mean/

    Taken from above link.

    So, what does ‘Britain’ mean? The name Britain goes back at least to Roman times when they called England and Wales collectively “Britannia” – a Roman province. They could not call them England and Wales, because England and Wales had not been invented – and neither had Scotland. But the Romans never ruled Scotland, or fully conquered it. That might be because they called it Caledonia.



    You can either accept it or carry on in blissful ignorance, the choice is yours but I won't be discussing it with you anymore.
    I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London N16 & France 78100
    Posts
    5,705
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 588 Times in 500 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I think what you are trying to describe is a TRADE DEAL, thats what a trade deal does, it ties you into an agreement.
    I was describing colonisation — something you appeared to deny the British Empire and Commonwealth indulged in, but you imply that the EU does.

    SHOCKING!! Who would want to stay in a situation where you weren't able to decide your own trade deals? Where you weren't allowed to negotiate better deals on your own.

    OH YES!! Remainer's. That's what all you lot want us to do.
    If it doesn’t subjugate the member nation and has demonstrated an improvement over four decades to the point where growing numbers of middle income individuals are now in a higher tax bracket, it seems like a good place to be...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London N16 & France 78100
    Posts
    5,705
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 588 Times in 500 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Britain expanded and contracted a few times throughout history, the fact is England, Scotland and Wales didn't exist at this time so in reality bits of Scotland have never been part of Britain.


    http://bitaboutbritain.com/what-does-britain-mean/

    Taken from above link.

    So, what does ‘Britain’ mean? The name Britain goes back at least to Roman times when they called England and Wales collectively “Britannia” – a Roman province. They could not call them England and Wales, because England and Wales had not been invented – and neither had Scotland. But the Romans never ruled Scotland, or fully conquered it. That might be because they called it Caledonia.



    You can either accept it or carry on in blissful ignorance, the choice is yours but I won't be discussing it with you anymore.
    I reckoned many Leavers were chasing imagined memories of the sepia tinged ‘50s and ‘60s — but calling on Roman Britain to support a call for this supposed independence is simply bizarre on several levels...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,608
    Thanks
    1,683
    Thanked 902 Times in 745 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Britain expanded and contracted a few times throughout history, the fact is England, Scotland and Wales didn't exist at this time so in reality bits of Scotland have never been part of Britain.


    http://bitaboutbritain.com/what-does-britain-mean/

    Taken from above link.

    So, what does ‘Britain’ mean? The name Britain goes back at least to Roman times when they called England and Wales collectively “Britannia” – a Roman province. They could not call them England and Wales, because England and Wales had not been invented – and neither had Scotland. But the Romans never ruled Scotland, or fully conquered it. That might be because they called it Caledonia.



    You can either accept it or carry on in blissful ignorance, the choice is yours but I won't be discussing it with you anymore.
    By christ above.

    All i can say is this mr significant nick.

    There are many of us on this forum who hold political views vehemently opposed to each other , but by christ i think we can all agree you dont half talk some absolute twaddle.

    You post a link to show glasgow isnt in britain , your definition of modern britain being based on roman britain , and when your own feckin link shows you are talking bollocks , you start arguing with your own link never mind me.

    Headcase.

    Theres nothing to further discuss as everyone knows you are talking out your backside.
    "Pour l’Angleterre … il n’y a pas d’alliance qui tienne, ni de traité qui vaille, ni la vérité qui compte." Charles De Gaulle

    Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    1,301
    Thanks
    243
    Thanked 237 Times in 175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    I reckoned many Leavers were chasing imagined memories of the sepia tinged ‘50s and ‘60s — but calling on Roman Britain to support a call for this supposed independence is simply bizarre on several levels...
    Think you're missing the point. Thomas's defence to any debate is to try and ridicule the poster. On this occassion he is bringing up a post I did Months ago about Scotland not being part of Britain, the info is there but he can't admit he is wrong.

    The point is that Britian is a Roman word and they created Britain which is England and Wales.
    I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,608
    Thanks
    1,683
    Thanked 902 Times in 745 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Think you're missing the point. Thomas's defence to any debate is to try and ridicule the poster. On this occassion he is bringing up a post I did Months ago about Scotland not being part of Britain, the info is there but he can't admit he is wrong.
    .
    im not wrong.

    It has been explained to you many many times over the last few months or so by numerous forum members.

    You posted some crap about glasgow not being in modern britain , i pulled you up about it , and you have ran off now numerous times screaming you are being abused and ridiculed.

    If you are going to post on adult forums nick , and make silly nonsensical statements , then folk are going to challenge what you write.

    The point is that Britian is a Roman word and they created Britain which is England and Wales.
    Britain isnt a roman word in terms of invention , its a roman *******isation , a mispronouncing , of the name prydain , the name the native celtic tribes called the whole island , which included the area that was to become scotland.

    I have also shown you how what was to become southern scotland , which includes modern glasgow , was within the roman held territory.

    Many people on the forum have also told you how modern britain doesnt correspond with roman britian , but with the whole of the island.

    You still ignore this and plough away in a bubble of your own.

    Thats why you are being mocked nick.

    You are acting like a tit. Man up and admit you got it wrong , we all do at times , and move on .

    Until then you will have the piss taken.
    "Pour l’Angleterre … il n’y a pas d’alliance qui tienne, ni de traité qui vaille, ni la vérité qui compte." Charles De Gaulle

    Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,608
    Thanks
    1,683
    Thanked 902 Times in 745 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    .

    The point is that Britian is a Roman word and they created Britain which is England and Wales.
    You are all over the place in flawed logic nick

    Earlier you tell us scotland isnt part of britain , with the false insinuation that modern britain , the name of this island , is based on the boundaries of roman britain , and scotland didnt exist then.

    ...but you now say britain is england and wales , neither of which existed in roman times either , in a weak flappy grasp at straw clutching.

    So which is it? if scotland , part of which was known to be in roman britain at one point , cant be part of britain as scotland didnt exist then how can england wand wales?

    Further , i explained this to you before , even if we go along with your extremely flawed logic and misunderstanding of modern britain being somehow based on the boundaries of a roman province 2000 years ago restricted to hadrians wall , large feckin parts of northern england wouldnt be part of britain either!

    Are you actually telling us anyone who lives in the northern suburbs of newcastle area north of wallsend arent british? Or what about bamborough , and english settlement and once capital of a petty kingdom , since the mid 6th century. Are they not british either?

    Why cant you just call your country england? Are you ashamed of it or something?

    England is a proud country with a proud history , yet im forever meeting people like you who appear to be ashamed of your own nation , so much so you have to make up stories about it , rename it , or misrepresent history and geography to show you are really bigger and better than what you actually are.

    Its almost like some sort of inferiority complex.

    Jesus christ me , a scottish nationalist , having to seriously argue with someone like you that glasgow is in britain. The world has gone feckin mad.
    "Pour l’Angleterre … il n’y a pas d’alliance qui tienne, ni de traité qui vaille, ni la vérité qui compte." Charles De Gaulle

    Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to thomas For This Useful Post:

    Rei (12-06-2019)

  11. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    1,301
    Thanks
    243
    Thanked 237 Times in 175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    You are all over the place in flawed logic nick

    Earlier you tell us scotland isnt part of britain , with the false insinuation that modern britain , the name of this island , is based on the boundaries of roman britain , and scotland didnt exist then.

    ...but you now say britain is england and wales , neither of which existed in roman times either , in a weak flappy grasp at straw clutching.

    So which is it? if scotland , part of which was known to be in roman britain at one point , cant be part of britain as scotland didnt exist then how can england wand wales?

    Further , i explained this to you before , even if we go along with your extremely flawed logic and misunderstanding of modern britain being somehow based on the boundaries of a roman province 2000 years ago restricted to hadrians wall , large feckin parts of northern england wouldnt be part of britain either!

    Are you actually telling us anyone who lives in the northern suburbs of newcastle area north of wallsend arent british? Or what about bamborough , and english settlement and once capital of a petty kingdom , since the mid 6th century. Are they not british either?

    Why cant you just call your country england? Are you ashamed of it or something?

    England is a proud country with a proud history , yet im forever meeting people like you who appear to be ashamed of your own nation , so much so you have to make up stories about it , rename it , or misrepresent history and geography to show you are really bigger and better than what you actually are.

    Its almost like some sort of inferiority complex.

    Jesus christ me , a scottish nationalist , having to seriously argue with someone like you that glasgow is in britain. The world has gone feckin mad.
    You can waffle and dance around the facts all you want, you’re wrong.

    THE END.
    I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you.

Similar Threads

  1. Ford calls for Stormont 'reboot'
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-07-2014, 03:41 PM
  2. Remploy factory closures announced
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-07-2013, 10:04 PM
  3. 3D printing, the end of the factory.
    By Robin Goodfellow in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14-08-2012, 05:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •