Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Real Christians

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post

Having admitted that to ourselves, against all the secular arguments which are always so much more vociferous than the quiet acknowledgement of God, it is then time to look at the different methods on offer of glorifying Him. Then it is not the case of finding a Church that suits yourself, but the one that suits God and encourages us to lift ourselves up, not one that is willing constantly to bend to the secular view in order to survive. That takes some research and yes, heartfelt prayer. Only then can it be possible to say - yes - this is the Church.
    You can spot the difference. Two things tend to stand out in my experience. One - the leader of the congregation is full of positive energy and vitality. Two - the leader is very intelligent. The congregation follow the leader and also become intelligent, positive, full of energy and optimism. By following the righteous way, you find you acquire the ability to do the job you have set yourself to do. There does not appear to be any limit to this.

The other day I ran down the biography of one of these people over some 20-30 years of political activity to try and restore the country to the Christian values it once had. The man took on all sorts of people, often very powerful, like government figures and whole lobby organisations funded with tons of the public's money. It was truly David and Goliath stuff and the number of times he won in the face of something much bigger than himself kind of proves the point. If you fight the righteous fight and do it the right way you will win. You just need the faith that you will. Another figure to prove my point was Mary Whitehouse. If you are bored one day, then do some searching on Youtube for her, and watch her in action. She was the Maggie Thatcher of the Christian church, and they tried to take her on. It's a miracle!

Thanks
    Here's a video for you to watch of some of these Christians in action.

Thanks
    I gather from what most self-identified Christians and sympathisers have posted on here that all gays are sinners and can never be Real Christians.
    If that’s so, my conclusion is that Real Christians are nowhere near the best of the bunch or worthwhile human beings. I have encountered a fair few kind and caring people, who help and put others first, who I have subsequently found out were gay. I like to think that if there is a God these are the people he/she will reward in the hereafter (or hopefully now) rather than the tight-lipped, sour-faced, bible-bashers who seem more concerned with “righteousness” than the happiness and well-being of others...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    I gather from what most self-identified Christians and sympathisers have posted on here that all gays are sinners and can never be Real Christians.
    If that’s so, my conclusion is that Real Christians are nowhere near the best of the bunch or worthwhile human beings. I have encountered a fair few kind and caring people, who help and put others first, who I have subsequently found out were gay. I like to think that if there is a God these are the people he/she will reward in the hereafter (or hopefully now) rather than the tight-lipped, sour-faced, bible-bashers who seem more concerned with “righteousness” than the happiness and well-being of others...
    For me a true believer in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and in God the Father has to know that judgement of others is not our role. We need to be meek and humble enough to realise that professed belief and therefore trust in Him leaves us with the sole task of trying to become as Jesus is. True Christians love the sinner not the sin. In fact I 'm not sure that we are even able to judge a sin. We simply don't know or understand the full story.

It's a comfort to me that the struggle to achieve that aim of becoming like Jesus is something that I have an eternity to work at. I fail daily so it will be a really long haul.
    My vote counts just as much as your's xx

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    For me a true believer in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and in God the Father has to know that judgement of others is not our role. We need to be meek and humble enough to realise that professed belief and therefore trust in Him leaves us with the sole task of trying to become as Jesus is. True Christians love the sinner not the sin. In fact I 'm not sure that we are even able to judge a sin. We simply don't know or understand the full story.

It's a comfort to me that the struggle to achieve that aim of becoming like Jesus is something that I have an eternity to work at. I fail daily so it will be a really long haul.
    It is true the bible says one should not go around judging others. The chap who put the video together never does. What his group are doing is communicating the judgment of god to help those who lack the knowledge. Those placards are simply quotations from the bible, hence Pat's recital of the system's stock criticism of those who do not support them is invalid. It's what I respect in the man. He's very precise, and he attracts a very precise following as well. This is the antithesis of the Daily Mail, if you know what I mean by that.