Thread: Tommy Robinson Leaves Court Again

Thanks

Tommy Robinson Leaves Court Again

All that's left are accusations that he caused anxiety to some pedophiles. No more 'prejudicing a trial'. No more 'contempt of court'. The claims have all changed. So, anyone still think his case is justified? Or just establishment persecution?

those princes have accomplished most who paid little heed to keeping their promises, but who knew how to manipulate the minds of men craftily.

Machiavelli, The Prince

Thanks
    those princes have accomplished most who paid little heed to keeping their promises, but who knew how to manipulate the minds of men craftily.

Machiavelli, The Prince

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scott777 View Post
    All that's left are accusations that he caused anxiety to some pedophiles. No more 'prejudicing a trial'. No more 'contempt of court'. The claims have all changed. So, anyone still think his case is justified? Or just establishment persecution?
    Are you certain they have dropped the contempt charge? Can we have something better than those garbled rambling people to tell us what the official position is?

My understanding of it is that the Court of Appeal found the handling of the case bad on many counts, but that does not mean there is still not a charge to answer in court, as per the standard procedure on this. You see the Court of Appeal is a higher court and does not accept evidence. They have to chuck it back to the lower court so they can hear the evidence. The Court of Appeal only deals with points of law. Neither TR nor his Canadian brief sponsor understand British law properly. At least the latter has admitted it.

My guess is the offence charge has been added to the charge sheet, and they have adjourned the case so as to give the defence time to adequately prepare their case, as per ECHR Article 6.

Or to put it another way: "nothing to see here".

By the way, when they add a lesser charge like this it can mean they think they might lose the greater charges and hope to at least come away with something to say TR is guilty. That sounds more like it, so it could show the contempt case to be weak.
    Judged by the content of their character

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Lotsov View Post
    Are you certain they have dropped the contempt charge? Can we have something better than those garbled rambling people to tell us what the official position is?

My understanding of it is that the Court of Appeal found the handling of the case bad on many counts, but that does not mean there is still not a charge to answer in court, as per the standard procedure on this. You see the Court of Appeal is a higher court and does not accept evidence. They have to chuck it back to the lower court so they can hear the evidence. The Court of Appeal only deals with points of law. Neither TR nor his Canadian brief sponsor understand British law properly. At least the latter has admitted it.

My guess is the offence charge has been added to the charge sheet, and they have adjourned the case so as to give the defence time to adequately prepare their case, as per ECHR Article 6.

Or to put it another way: "nothing to see here".

By the way, when they add a lesser charge like this it can mean they think they might lose the greater charges and hope to at least come away with something to say TR is guilty. That sounds more like it, so it could show the contempt case to be weak.
    I don't know the court system at all, but I'm sure Tommy said it was determined by a judge that there was no contempt.

Machiavelli, The Prince

Thanks
    I'll just add this article to a growing body of evidence vindicating Tommy Robinson.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...loCMyr42gcz4-k

Machiavelli, The Prince

Thanks
    I don't know the court system at all, but I'm sure Tommy said it was determined by a judge that there was no contempt.
    Yes but the point is he has been wrong on a lot of things to do with the law. I've heard him say really dumb stuff that for anyone who knows the law, it makes him the kind not to be taken seriously. I've even read a blog by a barrister who was totally wrong on the law as well, probably mates with the police who were clearly in deep trouble at the time. So that's how it is. You can't even rely on the press to get it right either, especially the BBC.

So anyway, as I understand it, the way the legal people see it is that this is a bit of a novel case, and the reason it is, has to do with the business to do with using the internet in the alleged offence. I don't think they have much case law to cover this situation. Can a Youtube broadcast prejudice a trial, and if so, in which circumstances can it. These are not easy or obvious questions. They have to work out how one draws the line between legal and prejudicial. Also in deciding whether to prosecute there is the public interest test. Will it benefit the public and if it does then of course it should go ahead. TR will not be happy to know that a pretty good argument to say it is in the public interest is to establish where the line between what the public are allowed to do and not do can be clearly defined, hence it benefits the public to have a clearer understanding of the law!

Services to the public eh!!! I thought that's what he was doing anyway. That's sod's law for you.
    Judged by the content of their character

Thanks
    Thanked 2,352 Times in 1,776 Posts
    I'll just add this article to a growing body of evidence vindicating Tommy Robinson.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...loCMyr42gcz4-k
    Look I doubt that too many would argue that this issue with girls being used was badly handled,what is clear that the law is catching up and prosecuting those involved.

We do though have in this country a system where you are innocent till proven guilty,now those in that case were found guilty by due process.

I read that Yaxley Lennon said that those up for trial should have their addresses found and their workplace they should be followed and harassed,you Scott may think this is all justified by subsequent guilty verdicts,that's fine if you want to live in a country without due process,really we could cut out the courts and just decide without such niceties who is guilty.

Where though if he or his kind got real power would it end,and after the Muslims Jews perhaps or blacks,in order to thrive that sort of politics requires a scapegoat,is that really the sort of country you wish for?
    The new parliamentary democracy,it's not the will of the people that counts but the will of 650......will come back to haunt them.