Thread: Trump expresses support for gay marriage

Thanks

Trump expresses support for gay marriage

Good. We have bigger fish to fry than to worry about same-sex couples who want to be married in what is supposed to be a society governed by a secular government.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...enger.html

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foghorn View Post
    Good. We have bigger fish to fry than to worry about same-sex couples who want to be married in what is supposed to be a society governed by a secular government.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...enger.html
    Political ploy for votes , he knew he had to give in somewhere in regards to LGBT , you wouldn't like to know what he really thinks or who he shakes hands with ...Wearing the emperors coat makes him transparent as....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,391 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawfully View Post
    Political ploy for votes , he knew he had to give in somewhere in regards to LGBT , you wouldn't like to know what he really thinks or who he shakes hands with ...Wearing the emperors coat makes him transparent as....
    What does it MATTER what he thinks.

So far, ALL I see is a president who stood on a certain set of promises, who has actually TRIED to.imolement those, and who has been hobbled at every turn by left wing opponents of his policies in both houses and in his civil service.

Very similar to our Prime Minister over Brexit, except she never believed a word of what she spouted to get the job.

If I were American (and I came reasonably close to being one not that long ago) I would have voted for him, for what he promised to do for me, and for those I identify with, and should he stand for a second term I'd vote on the same basis again, meaning the other camp would have to do some VERY hard work to.persuade me they were giving me a better deal To get my vote instead
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to johnofgwent For This Useful Post:

Foghorn (17-05-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawfully View Post
    I don't think that's the case. I think Trump is a "live and let live" type of guy. Gay marriage doesn't affect anyone except the two people getting married. Why should I, Trump or anyone else care? I've been critical of many of my friends on the right who want to legislate society based on their religious doctrine. In fact, I was banned from a couple of forums over it. Often times, the religious right and the progressive left are opposite sides of the same coin with regard to their intolerance.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    What does it MATTER what he thinks.

So far, ALL I see is a president who stood on a certain set of promises, who has actually TRIED to.imolement those, and who has been hobbled at every turn by left wing opponents of his policies in both houses and in his civil service.

Very similar to our Prime Minister over Brexit, except she never believed a word of what she spouted to get the job.

If I were American (and I came reasonably close to being one not that long ago) I would have voted for him, for what he promised to do for me, and for those I identify with, and should he stand for a second term I'd vote on the same basis again, meaning the other camp would have to do some VERY hard work to.persuade me they were giving me a better deal To get my vote instead
    I tend to stay away from American politics as I see the transparency of politics , the behind the scenes that people don't see . I see this by what they say , they should be more careful with words when words tell a 1000 stories

added- Just to add, the trick in the baker case was to make legal and lawful precedence of the right to say no , any objection to that is futile or it gives precedence for **** etc .

We all have an individual right to say no and that is unarguable .