Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother is here.....

Thanks
    The thing is in its name Police Force. It is an arm of the state used to do Gov't's bidding. What else does anyone expect?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by boggart View Post
    I was going to put it in the Coffee Room section, but this is quite serious.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0795c8w

What gives the right for the state to fine you for covering your face in this manner? (And let's not get on to the burqa/niqab argument). I find it a little insidious. If someone doesn't want to be filmed, why shouldn't they be allowed to cover their faces? They may just not like Big Brother as opposed to having anything to hide, like the chap in this film seemingly doesn't, and the reaction he gets rather justifies his thoughts.

Now I don't really get bothered about CCTV and ANPR, but to fine someone for this, that's just a step too far.
    No, lets just do that. Will they be allowed to pass by covered up? If so, then we have every right to do the same!
    True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by albertcornercrew View Post
    The thing is in its name Police Force. It is an arm of the state used to do Gov't's bidding. What else does anyone expect?
    You can expect them not to abuse powers and not become a threat to democracy.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Young Thing View Post
    No, lets just do that. Will they be allowed to pass by covered up? If so, then we have every right to do the same!

OK fair enough, I just didn't want it to possibly descend into a certain form of argument. BUT...yes, there must be even handedness and all treated the same under a single legal system.

Although when it comes to clothing, I am not sure quite where you draw the line. Hoodies? How about Fedora hats?
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Young Thing View Post
    You know I get the feeling you aren't far wrong,if it had been a Muslim woman,all hell would have broken loose.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
    You know I get the feeling you aren't far wrong,if it had been a Muslim woman,all hell would have broken loose.
    Of course BYT is right. I really think the police overstepped the mark here. I would like him to contest it. Having said that I suspect the media are already doing that for him. It will be interesting to see what happens. Would a bike helmet get the same response? What about an umbrella? The police position just doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
    My vote counts just as much as your's xx

Thanks
    Thanked 2,352 Times in 1,776 Posts
    Well hopefully I'll be long gone before everybody has a tag implanted in them or a barcode tattoo
    The new parliamentary democracy,it's not the will of the people that counts but the will of 650......will come back to haunt them.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    Well hopefully I'll be long gone before everybody has a tag implanted in them or a barcode tattoo
    I thought I put up a thread about it,that it is already being done on the continent,maybe it wasn't here.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
    I thought I put up a thread about it,that it is already being done on the continent,maybe it wasn't here.
    Yes I was aware of that too. Wasn't it in the hand to get employees through security doors?
    My vote counts just as much as your's xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to T00ts For This Useful Post:

Sheepy (16-05-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    Yes I was aware of that too. Wasn't it in the hand to get employees through security doors?
    Also automatic payment from their accounts,cashless society.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheepy For This Useful Post:

T00ts (16-05-2019)