Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Defining religious hatred

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,027
    Thanks
    2,018
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,330 Posts

    Defining religious hatred

    The definition, which has been proposed by the All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on British Muslims is: "Islamophobia is rooted in racism and is a type of racism that targets expressions of Muslimness or perceived Muslimness."
    It's been adopted by the Labour Party, the Liberal Democrats Federal board, Plaid Cymru and the Mayor of London and the government will soon decide whether to take it on board.

    I am sure that by the same token they will adopt this:

    "Christianophobia is rooted in racism and is a type of racism that targets expressions of Christianity or perceived Christianity."
    https://www.premier.org.uk/News/UK/C...f-Islamophobia
    This is causing some concern as mentioned in the linked article.

    Do we need greater freedom of speech in this country, or less freedom of speech? Have we got it about right?
    They took your country from you, now they've taken your democracy too.
    And "they" are the elites, those who hate the culture of the people, the values of the people, the democracy of the people.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,299
    Thanks
    771
    Thanked 760 Times in 644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The definition, which has been proposed by the All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on British Muslims is: "Islamophobia is rooted in racism and is a type of racism that targets expressions of Muslimness or perceived Muslimness."
    It's been adopted by the Labour Party, the Liberal Democrats Federal board, Plaid Cymru and the Mayor of London and the government will soon decide whether to take it on board.

    I am sure that by the same token they will adopt this:

    "Christianophobia is rooted in racism and is a type of racism that targets expressions of Christianity or perceived Christianity."
    https://www.premier.org.uk/News/UK/C...f-Islamophobia
    This is causing some concern as mentioned in the linked article.

    Do we need greater freedom of speech in this country, or less freedom of speech? Have we got it about right?
    I get the feeling this goes back when anti-Muslim fever was becoming the norm and Muslims communities had become a law unto themselves,so maybe one of the biggest grievances were from Muslim communities was that Islamophobia was one of those closed Muslim community reasons.I can see your point of view Barry,because of the work put in to stop the child R*pe cases which was prolific.After all somebody has to come up with answers in the end.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    8,797
    Thanks
    1,086
    Thanked 1,187 Times in 877 Posts
    So if I hate a Christian he loves me

    If I hate a Muslim I have a dose of the islamaphobiers and need to go and see someone in case it has spread to the isms possibly leading to a criminal record and being listed as public enemy number one .
    Did anyone ask the Muslim ?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,107
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The definition, which has been proposed by the All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on British Muslims is: "Islamophobia is rooted in racism and is a type of racism that targets expressions of Muslimness or perceived Muslimness."
    It's been adopted by the Labour Party, the Liberal Democrats Federal board, Plaid Cymru and the Mayor of London and the government will soon decide whether to take it on board.

    I am sure that by the same token they will adopt this:

    "Christianophobia is rooted in racism and is a type of racism that targets expressions of Christianity or perceived Christianity."
    https://www.premier.org.uk/News/UK/C...f-Islamophobia
    This is causing some concern as mentioned in the linked article.

    Do we need greater freedom of speech in this country, or less freedom of speech? Have we got it about right?
    There is no such thing as religious hatred , there is contents of the religion that is hated . We have free speech already but sometimes there is stupid rules on speech .

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,299
    Thanks
    771
    Thanked 760 Times in 644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwalker View Post
    So if I hate a Christian he loves me

    If I hate a Muslim I have a dose of the islamaphobiers and need to go and see someone in case it has spread to the isms possibly leading to a criminal record and being listed as public enemy number one .
    Did anyone ask the Muslim ?
    I daresay,they will go with it as it offers up some kind of solution.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    3,202
    Thanks
    1,431
    Thanked 799 Times in 575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The definition, which has been proposed by the All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on British Muslims is: "Islamophobia is rooted in racism and is a type of racism that targets expressions of Muslimness or perceived Muslimness."
    It's been adopted by the Labour Party, the Liberal Democrats Federal board, Plaid Cymru and the Mayor of London and the government will soon decide whether to take it on board.

    I am sure that by the same token they will adopt this:

    "Christianophobia is rooted in racism and is a type of racism that targets expressions of Christianity or perceived Christianity."
    https://www.premier.org.uk/News/UK/C...f-Islamophobia
    This is causing some concern as mentioned in the linked article.

    Do we need greater freedom of speech in this country, or less freedom of speech? Have we got it about right?
    Good grief - pure gobbledegook for me. I need a doctorate to just decipher any meaning. Isn't the trouble that Muslim is many different things? In just the same way that Christians although having definite similarities are all very different in their practises and deeper beliefs. How can a blanket definition or set of rules, cover all bases fairly?

    I guess it's too much to ask everyone to be mindful of others and their sensibilities in any given situation, especially as these days you can't make a small driving error without the threat of being attacked. So perhaps in a society that seems to some degree to have lost it's ability to rub along with everyone some well intentioned person will step in to iron out the creases.

    It really just comes down to manners. Perhaps that's something that could be covered in school.
    My vote counts just as much as your's xx

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,107
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    Good grief - pure gobbledegook for me. I need a doctorate to just decipher any meaning. Isn't the trouble that Muslim is many different things? In just the same way that Christians although having definite similarities are all very different in their practises and deeper beliefs. How can a blanket definition or set of rules, cover all bases fairly?

    I guess it's too much to ask everyone to be mindful of others and their sensibilities in any given situation, especially as these days you can't make a small driving error without the threat of being attacked. So perhaps in a society that seems to some degree to have lost it's ability to rub along with everyone some well intentioned person will step in to iron out the creases.

    It really just comes down to manners. Perhaps that's something that could be covered in school.
    I have the answer in my book but nobody will help support me in writing book(s) . There is no such thing as religious hatred , there is only hate for the religions content .

    Example I don't like people getting beheaded , I don't like women being set on fire and stoned for showing their face etc . It's nothing to do with God why there is hate .

    People hate what they do , not who they are and Allah .

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    274
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 29 Times in 27 Posts
    If and when Muslims become the majority, do you anticipate that England will remain a good place to live?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    9,845
    Thanks
    1,774
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Foghorn View Post
    If and when Muslims become the majority, do you anticipate that England will remain a good place to live?
    The people I met while working in Wakefield just down the road from England's most concentrated Islamic enclave don't think so
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

    Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to johnofgwent For This Useful Post:

    Foghorn (18-05-2019)

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,107
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Foghorn View Post
    If and when Muslims become the majority, do you anticipate that England will remain a good place to live?
    If the Muslims become the majority they will eventually force the minority to their will , religious or other . This is just how majority works . If the majority become Muslim then the majority will also bring in their laws etc .
    In essence a future as that could in fact see English women etc, being burnt alive in the streets . From a man point of few it wouldn't be difficult for a man to adapt because of the power over women that would happen .
    I'd be more concerned if you was a female than being a male , additionally GLBT would be in big trouble .

Similar Threads

  1. CNNís Trump Hatred Results in Double-Digit Rating Collapse!!!
    By Borchester in forum United States Politics Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-03-2019, 12:03 AM
  2. Defining Personal 'NEEDS' against 'WANTS'..
    By UncleVanya in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 05:20 PM
  3. Tis the season for the mainstream media to show their hatred of the BNP
    By newspresenter in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 17-03-2011, 04:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •