Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Don't get pregnant by r@pe in Alabama

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    My wife wasn't when she chose to have an unviable foetus terminated at 24 weeks to save the hassle of a funeral. The reaction of her fellow church attendees drove me straight to the arms of Satan though.

Yes Foghorn. Been here, done this. Painted my own T shirt.

Last time I checked, the daughter whose lungs didn't develop properly and whose delivery atv24 weeks and death I watched and whose corpse I handed (Not literally) to the research team in my old university research lab to see if they coukd learn anything from her blastula / gastrula srage developmental failure that deprived her of a diaphragm lay in several bits in several pickle jars in my old research lab, just down the corridor from my nephew's research lab in the same building.

I'm considering suggesting he have a poke about in the cupboards to see if he can find the cousin he doesn't know he has ...
    I'm sorry to hear of that. Unfortunately, sometimes a wanted baby has to be aborted due to serious defects and/or significant health threats to the mother. Those make up about 1 out of 100 abortions.

I personally oppose abortion because it adversely affects an innocent third party. No matter how one slices it, terminating a pregnancy ends the life of a human being.

I also oppose abortion because it is beyond immoral and is a grave sin. Of course, I know most of the pro-abortion folks don't believe in a creator and have this idea that the universe created itself, but I suppose that's another thread.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foghorn View Post
    I'm sorry to hear of that. Unfortunately, sometimes a wanted baby has to be aborted due to serious defects and/or significant health threats to the mother. Those make up about 1 out of 100 abortions.

I personally oppose abortion because it adversely affects an innocent third party. No matter how one slices it, terminating a pregnancy ends the life of a human being.

I also oppose abortion because it is beyond immoral and is a grave sin. Of course, I know most of the pro-abortion folks don't believe in a creator and have this idea that the universe created itself, but I suppose that's another thread.
    Thanks. These events were some 30 years ago. It is possible medical science has advanced, but in our case it was quite hopeless then. As you may nite, I refer to my second child who never made it by the name we intended her to have.

And it does sometimes help to hear the views of the people that actuallykniw what it's like ...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to johnofgwent For This Useful Post:

Foghorn (17-05-2019)

Thanks
    And then there are women/couples that abort when it's determined that the baby is the wrong gender. Even Hitler wouldn't have approved of this.