Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Brexit Party Candidate Mike Greene

Thanks
    Lmfao.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 866 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukhari View Post
    Obviously not intellegent enough to avoid making a complete fool of himself on national radio by making claims he can't actually back up when questioned.

I wonder if these people will start quietly backing out as they realise the reputational damage they'll suffer as a consequence of having to constantly lie and be made to look silly when questioned on stuff they really know nothing about.
    Im not sure he was lying ,you will have to show that he was . Not having the finer details to hand does not make the general point wrong . Im sure with experience of political questioning he will achieve your high standards in future .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwalker View Post
    Im not sure he was lying ,you will have to show that he was . Not having the finer details to hand does not make the general point wrong . Im sure with experience of political questioning he will achieve your high standards in future .
    He had nothing to back up his claim. A verifiable example would have sufficed but he didn't even have one of those prepared and then tried to weasal out by making out he would have needed to know EU law in detail to have answered the question.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,347 Times in 1,773 Posts
    When has 37% ever been a majority? The rest either wanted to stay, didn't know or didn't care about the referendum.
    If only you had the grasp of how voting works you carry on grasping at straws though I know where I can find a haystack for you.
    The new parliamentary democracy,it's not the will of the people that counts but the will of 650......will come back to haunt them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cromwell For This Useful Post:

johnofgwent (16-05-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,842 Times in 1,324 Posts
    The onus is on those wanting to impliment change to gain a majority, not those who want to maintain the status quo.
    We did, then we passed it over to our MPs
    498/114 they voted to leave using Article 50 as the escape route. We're still waiting.
    They took your country from you, now they've taken your democracy too.
    And "they" are the elites, those who hate the culture of the people, the values of the people, the democracy of the people.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Barry For This Useful Post:

Streetwalker (15-05-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 866 Posts
    He had nothing to back up his claim. A verifiable example would have sufficed but he didn't even have one of those prepared and then tried to weasal out by making out he would have needed to know EU law in detail to have answered the question.
    So he wasn't lying then .

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Childish insults aside it's good to see you admit that you'd vote for anyone who waves the Brexit flag regardless of their character.
    Hole in one. If I like a chap or chapess's policies then I will vote for him or her. I don't care if they are good folk or bad folk or if they only went into politics so that they would have the chance to look down Heidi Allen's shirt front.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post
    Hole in one. If I like a chap or chapess's policies then I will vote for him or her. I don't care if they are good folk or bad folk or if they only went into politics so that they would have the chance to look downHeidi Allen's shirt front.
    I never get it to be honest,they want to argue about people who they decide don't have the answers,but when you ask them for them they change the subject or move the goalposts.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
    I never get it to be honest,they want to argue about people who they decide don't have the answers,but when you ask them for them they change the subject or move the goalposts.
    I know that I have worked this analogy to death, but to my way of thinking politicians are like the chaps who clean the drains. I am not interested in their views on art, philosophy, marital fidelity or much else. I just want the loo to flush.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Brexit Cult where people blindly follow what they're told by pro-leave demagogues, and leap to these same individuals defense regardless of what nonsense they spout.

The majority didn't support Brexit if you're going to go down that route, only 37%, so by your logic Brexit should be scrapped since it lacks majority support.

Populism is typically based on the illusion of what the 'people' want. People like May and Farage repeatedly lie by declaring their actions the will of the people despite it being no such thing.
    No, you can't peddle that "the majority didn't support brexit" bullshit and get away with it. A majority of those who could be arsed, voted to.leave.

UNLIKE the Welsh Assembly where I personally joined 120 voters whose voting papers were interfered with and a out which the police did feck all, I have not heard ***ONE*** remainer whinge they were not able to vote.

So, anyone who could not be arsed to vote in 2016, gets to shut the @@@@ up now because they could not be arsed to vote then.

And Anyone too young to vote in 2016 gets to shut the @@@@ up because I was too young to vote to get OUT back in 75 and I've had to.put up with the sh1t the European hegemony has pulled since.

We voted to.leave. Get over it.
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"