Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Have you or anyone you've known had an "NDE" or other supernatural experience?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    I know plenty of people who are alive but there is no brain activity. I believe the Americanism is can't walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.
    I know a few

I think they practice law somewhere
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foghorn View Post
    Yes, there is evidence that the universe had a beginning. If it did, who or what caused it to come into existence? And wouldn't that cause be outside of our universe?

We can create universes too on a computer. If we could grant the beings in such games sentience, then the programmer or the "creator" of that game could also be similar to "God". In fact, such beings in that game might be convinced that there is no creator just as many people don't believe in such a thing.
    Well, as i said earlier, I trained as a scientist and a life scientist at that before I became an engineer. I have no idea what awaits me in a few decades now at best, but I suspect it will be lights out goodnight.

If not, I shall be pleasantly surprised. I suspect my cell in hell will be filled with fundamentalists of all sorts.
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foghorn View Post
    Is someone "dead" if the heart is not beating and there is no brain activity?
    In English law, that would be quite adequate to disconnect any machinery and allow decomposition of the corpse to commence ...
    --

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    In English law, that would be quite adequate to disconnect any machinery and allow decomposition of the corpse to commence ...
    Unless they wished to harvest some body parts/organs for transplant.