Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Technological Solution to Irish Border Ten Year Away

Thanks

Technological Solution to Irish Border Ten Year Away

Not news to me. More at link:-

https://news.sky.com/story/technolog...ument-11696337

Wednesday 17 April 2019 18:17, UK

The possibility of a technological solution to the Brexit Northern Ireland border issue could be more than a decade away, according to a Home Office document seen by Sky News.
    A presentation drawn up by the Home Secretary's Policy Unit and sent to HMRC and the Treasury implies that they think a technological solution - which would aim to keep the Irish border entirely open and without physical checkpoints - is a distant (and likely very expensive) prospect.

The authors state that the technology would likely not be ready to be deployed in the UK until 2030.

Thanks
    What you have omitted is that this was drawn up by the very pro EU Civil Service a comment which was broadcast during the news item. Where there is the will there is the way. Smoke and mirrors once more.If there was the will the way would be found. We're supposed to be a country of innovation!
    My vote counts just as much as your's xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to T00ts For This Useful Post:

viking (18-04-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    What you have omitted is that this was drawn up by the very pro EU Civil Service a comment which was broadcast during the news item. Where there is the will there is the way. Smoke and mirrors once more.If there was the will the way would be found. We're supposed to be a country of innovation!
    Spurious argument, (seriously.) I suspect you did not watch the news item in full.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    Oh well we had better have a customs union and free movement then.NOT!
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,836 Times in 1,318 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    Not news to me. More at link:-

https://news.sky.com/story/technolog...ument-11696337

Wednesday 17 April 2019 18:17, UK

The possibility of a technological solution to the Brexit Northern Ireland border issue could be more than a decade away, according to a Home Office document seen by Sky News.
    A presentation drawn up by the Home Secretary's Policy Unit and sent to HMRC and the Treasury implies that they think a technological solution - which would aim to keep the Irish border entirely open and without physical checkpoints - is a distant (and likely very expensive) prospect.

The authors state that the technology would likely not be ready to be deployed in the UK until 2030.
    What's your argument?
    Do you think it best to delay Brexit for 10 years because of this report?
    Or perhaps a no deal, will see pragmatic solutions come along in 10 days or less rather than 10 years.
    They took your country from you, now they've taken your democracy too.
    And "they" are the elites, those who hate the culture of the people, the values of the people, the democracy of the people.

Thanks
    Lankou, can you tell me how they, the authorities in ROI and NI/UK, currently deal with excise goods as well as VAT?
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by boggart View Post
    Lankou, can you tell me how they, the authorities in ROI and NI/UK, currently deal with excise goods as well as VAT?

Calling Lankou, Calling Lankou.

Any response to the above? As I have mused before, if the systems in place can handle different excise and VAT rates, why not different customs rates?
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by boggart View Post
    Calling Lankou, Calling Lankou.

Any response to the above? As I have mused before, if the systems in place can handle different excise and VAT rates, why not different customs rates?
    Given the answer to your questions has been referenced in depth and detail on this forum by several people and a series of programs about the subject featured on Sky News, BBC, and Channel 4, I suggest your asking me after all that is taking the (expletive deleted) Mickey. (Seriously.)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    Given the answer to your questions has been referenced in depth and detail on this forum by several people and a series of programs about the subject featured on Sky News, BBC, and Channel 4, I suggest your asking me after all that is taking the (expletive deleted) Mickey. (Seriously.)
    So you don't know?

Fair enough, although it would have helped if you just came out with it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post
    So you don't know?

Fair enough, although it would have helped if you just came out with it.
    I do know but I am not about to post what has already been posted many times and has been shown in depth on every major TV channel in Britain.
    How some people remain in (expletive deleted,) ignorance, when so much detail has been given I really do not know.

Some explanation with embedded links and updates here:-

https://fullfact.org/europe/leave-wi...-irish-border/