Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit party might do it

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I've always voted Tory and have been a member for years, last night I cancelled my subscription and told them that I would not be voting for them.

I'm sure they will be getting lots of emails like that.
    My local Tory MP who has done everything he can to give us Brexit has written on his newsletter about people not wanting to vote again etc. He constantly reiterated that he hopes residents will see that he kept his promise to deliver Brexit. I feel sorry for him, but I have to vote for a party that will deliver Brexit. Maybe I should write to him and thank him like Toots did.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    It seems the latest Yougov poll shows support for the Brexit Party has shot up to 27% putting Labour and Conservatives 2nd and 3rd. Now this could have two impacts perhaps.

1. Conservatives and Labour go into panic while on their hols and get it together out of fright before the EU elections.

2. They wait to see what happens in the locals first then panic and get it together out of fright before the EU elections.

Come on Brexiteers let's show them we really mean it!
    Can you put a link?
    those princes have accomplished most who paid little heed to keeping their promises, but who knew how to manipulate the minds of men craftily.

Machiavelli, The Prince

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    I think the situation is subly different now. Everyone is very aware of the EU and the vote. I believe Conservatives are struggling for finances. There looks to be a watershed coming.
    Not picking on this in particular, but it does appear, like many other posts, to be based on wishful thinking. Farage seemed to attract attention in the EU Parliament mainly when he was the performing clown. Hannan, though nowhere near as well known, was the same.
    This time the local elections are more important than who’s going to play the objectionable fool in Brussels and Strasbourg...
    If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy — DD. The poster also reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    No
    This time the local elections are more important than who’s going to play the objectionable fool in Brussels and Strasbourg...

Fortunately there are no local elections where I live, so no canvassers.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I've always voted Tory and have been a member for years, last night I cancelled my subscription and told them that I would not be voting for them.

I'm sure they will be getting lots of emails like that.
    I ripped up my card on 5th December 2018, telling them that Grieve was the straw that broke the camel's back. (Although I have never voted Tory in the EU elections)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cassie View Post
    My local Tory MP who has done everything he can to give us Brexit has written on his newsletter about people not wanting to vote again etc. He constantly reiterated that he hopes residents will see that he kept his promise to deliver Brexit. I feel sorry for him, but I have to vote for a party that will deliver Brexit. Maybe I should write to him and thank him like Toots did.
    TBF so has mine.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    Not picking on this in particular, but it does appear, like many other posts, to be based on wishful thinking. Farage seemed to attract attention in the EU Parliament mainly when he was the performing clown. Hannan, though nowhere near as well known, was the same.
    You are right. Most Remain posters are clinging on to wishful thinking too. The difference is that we know what the remainers will sink to in order to get their way. I am confident that main parties are in for a drubbing at local elections and will go into meltdown with shock. At the end of the day their true focus is on power nothing else.
    My vote counts just as much as your's xx

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cassie View Post
    What kind of Brexit does he support? It's all very well for him to apease leave voters or even genuinly hold the view himself but he also needs to demonstrate what form of Brexit he supports and why it's in his constituents intetests.

Of course the Brexit Party will run into the same problem that when pushed for details they won't have any response beyond silly slogans.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukhari View Post
    What kind of Brexit does he support? It's all very well for him to apease leave voters or even genuinly hold the view himself but he also needs to demonstrate what form of Brexit he supports and why it's in his constituents intetests.

Of course the Brexit Party will run into the same problem that when pushed for details they won't have any response beyond silly slogans.
    Leave the EU or Stay part of the EU,leave the EU won,which means leave the EU.Not really so difficult is it?
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sheepy For This Useful Post:

cassie (18-04-2019), T00ts (18-04-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukhari View Post

“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it”
    Joseph Goebbels

Thanks
    Nigel Farage wants to leave the EU with the Majority of voters,which is why he is gaining votes faster than any other politician ever.What is there to lie about?
    He doesn't have other hidden agendas like being anti-Islam no he is straight up front about it,leave the EU.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheepy For This Useful Post:

T00ts (18-04-2019)