Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you guys holding up?

Thanks

How are you guys holding up?

So it's now over a fortnight since we were going to leave the EU and we've missed not one, but two deadlines and it's now looking like we're settling in for a long summer of nothing before a mad panic at the last minute in late October.

As a Remainer I'm still worried because we could still crash out with no deal and even if the WA is agreed we will have even less time to negotiate the final arrangements before facing yet another cliff edge (or more likely protracted backstop) at the end of 2020.

On the other hand I'm hopeful that the chances of Brexit not happening at all are also increasing.

Mainly I'm glad of a bit of breathing space to de-stress a little.

How are you Leaver's feeling?

Angry? Depressed? resigned?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,259 Posts
    Actually, Brexit news seems to have gone a bit quiet, although the Con/Lab talks seem to be about to end.
    We're all waiting for the next move of the establishment to convince us:
    1. We've all changed our minds.
    2. It's just not do-able
    3. The EU isn't so bad after all
    4. We need some fresh EU elections, which will fix everything in the EU parliament
    5. Another referendum would be such a good idea, with a remain option of course, after we already decided to leave.
    6. The government is seriously inadequate and need help, so a GE ought to be called

Is it me, or could this be some sort of gloating thread? How are you feeling Beelbeeb, we still have not left, but as we speak, we are due to at the end of May (ish).
    New Brexit party seems OK

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Barry For This Useful Post:

cassie (16-04-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Seekng sources of petroleum bottles and rags
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnofgwent For This Useful Post:

cassie (16-04-2019), scott777 (16-04-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    Seekng sources of petroleum bottles and rags

A Finnish "petrol bomb" is far more effective, self igniting, when it breaks.

Thanks
    I'm more optimistic about Brexit being cancelled since it's been pushed back a fair bit of time and we're starting to see vocal leave supporters shifting towards revoking article 50 in recognition of the fact Brexit won't work. Frustratingly a good portion of parliment and the main party leaders are still disconnected from reality and refuse to recognise that Brexit isn't in the UK's interests.

As someone with a young family I'm still worried that Brexit will happen and put my childrens futures at risk.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beelbeeb View Post
    So it's now over a fortnight since we were going to leave the EU and we've missed not one, but two deadlines and it's now looking like we're settling in for a long summer of nothing before a mad panic at the last minute in late October.

As a Remainer I'm still worried because we could still crash out with no deal and even if the WA is agreed we will have even less time to negotiate the final arrangements before facing yet another cliff edge (or more likely protracted backstop) at the end of 2020.

On the other hand I'm hopeful that the chances of Brexit not happening at all are also increasing.

Mainly I'm glad of a bit of breathing space to de-stress a little.

How are you Leaver's feeling?

Angry? Depressed? resigned?
    None of the above,we have taken a new direction now,if they won't do as the majority of people asked them,they will be replaced.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
    None of the above,we have taken a new direction now,if they won't do as the majority of people asked them,they will be replaced.
    Then we need a GE asap!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cassie View Post
    Then we need a GE asap!
    Cassie we have to get past the EU elections,which I told you is their idea of another referendum,the same as the last election.So if I may be so bold start making plans for Nigel.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
    Cassie we have to get past the EU elections,which I told you is their idea of another referendum,the same as the last election.So if I may be so bold start making plans for Nigel.
    Yeh, but I want Cooper and Soubry to voted OUT! (And a few others)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cassie View Post
    Yeh, but I want Cooper and Soubry to voted OUT! (And a few others)
    Yes I know you do,but it takes time.It is not like they haven't shot themselves in the foot anyway is it?
    Sticking up two fingers at the people who have elected you isn't exactly wise now is it?