Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Being sent to prison for none payment of council tax is unlawful .

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Being sent to prison for none payment of council tax is unlawful .

''You can be sent to prison for up to 3 months if the court decides you don’t have a good reason to not pay your Council Tax and you refuse to do so.''

https://www.gov.uk/council-tax-arrears

Name of the person who committed this unlawful act of creating an unlawful fake law?

What law under common law jurisdiction is being broken if an individual refuses to pay council tax ?

It seems a lawful resistance if one refuses to pay it , council tax being a volunteer payment by consent .

The UK consented government are in breach , a threat of jail for a civil matter is a threat of extortion , pay or go jail .

It seems very clear to me that our government is slowly having a coupe and becoming dictatorship rather than public consent and democracy .

Anyone know any common laws where the public can take back the governing powers standing for sovereignty ?

I'll kick them out of number 10 happily if there is a common law I can use .

What does the Government do?

The Government is responsible for deciding how the country is run and for managing things, day to day. They set taxes, choose what to spend public money on and decide how best to deliver public services, such as:

• the National Health Service
    • the police and armed forces
    • welfare benefits like the State Pension
    • the UK’s energy supply

While many government powers have been delegated to the devolved institutions in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, only the UK Government can speak on behalf of the UK and represent us abroad.More about the day to day work of the Government can be found on the Government website [External site]
    What does Parliament do?

Parliament’s job is to look closely at the Government’s plans and to monitor the way they are running things.Parliament works on our behalf to try to make sure that Government decisions are:

• open and transparent – by questioning ministers and requesting information
    • workable and efficient – by examining new proposals closely and suggesting improvements, checking how public money is being spent and tracking how new laws are working out in practice
    • fair and non-discriminatory – by checking that they comply with equalities and human rights laws and by speaking up on behalf of affected individuals

Members of both Houses of Parliament can speak up for us if a government department or agency treats us unfairly.Government ministers are required to come to Parliament regularly to answer questions, respond to issues raised in debates and keep both Houses informed of any important decisions they take. In this way, Parliament can hold the Government to account for its actions.

Ok, who's the parliament boss then ? The ''over watcher'' .

Dear parliament ,

fair and non-discriminatory – by checking that they comply with equalities and human rights laws and by speaking up on behalf of affected individuals

We the public are getting stuffed over by the government on a daily basis . They don't comply with equality , human rights, human needs or listen to people affected . Neither do you it seems because nothing changes .

Thanks
    It's a form of coercive social control, and although prison spaces are in short supply for would-be terrorists and other insurgents/anarchists, they will always find a cell for someone who legitimately withholds council tax, irrespective of the virtue of the cause. I know - I've been there. 'If you don't pay up the bailiffs will be calling.' Needless to say, if a defaulter doesn't have any assets, they'll be left well alone. So much for being a law-abiding citizen?
    There are none who do so much harm as those obsessed with doing good.

‘The longer the truth remains untold, the deeper it gets buried.’

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cerberus View Post
    It's a form of coercive social control, and although prison spaces are in short supply for would-be terrorists and other insurgents/anarchists, they will always find a cell for someone who legitimately withholds council tax, irrespective of the virtue of the cause. I know - I've been there. 'If you don't pay up the bailiffs will be calling.' Needless to say, if a defaulter doesn't have any assets, they'll be left well alone. So much for being a law-abiding citizen?
    I'm actually awaiting the bailiffs coming for my ex . I'm going to arrest the bailiff if they don't leave . I have a thread in the coffee lounge on this .

Under common law , English law was is able to argue the interpretation of the law , sending somebody jail for an extortionate council tax is unlawful and fraudulent lies of real law .

There is no victim therefore no crime , a corporate body with no formal contract cannot be a victim if people refuse to pay their extorsion demands . People pay tax when they work, the government have their taxes and council tax is an added taxation , anyone would think the sheriff of Nottingham was still alive and we were still in the times of Robin Hood .

What gives the government the right to dictate paying council tax is a common law ?

What common law is being broke ? Whos the victim ? what's the crime ?

I interpret under common law , threats to send somebody jail for not paying a demanded fee without contract , is the serious criminal offense of extorsion . They do it with council tax and Tv licensing , abuse of power and unlawful criminal acts of demands with threats .

P.s When will they make it a law they get to sleep with the bride before wedding night ….(sarcasm)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    How council tax works and the liable system incurred .

If you don't pay council tax for about two month , you will quickly be took to a kangaroo court and a summons will be made . However the summons is not for the two months you haven't paid , it is for the two month and the entire following 10 month that have not yet passed . So in example if you failed to pay £60 in two months , they automatical summons you for the full year of £360 plus court fees .

Declaring you owe debt for a period that has not even passed .

My ex was took court last June , she knew nothing of this until about a month or so ago when a bailiffs threat letter came .

The council told her she didn't have to pay council tax because of the benefits she got , she even made a few payments to them when they did say she had to pay some between June and the bailiffs letter unaware of the proceedings.

It's a fast track scam , kangaroo court system .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,748 Times in 1,251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawfully View Post
    How council tax works and the liable system incurred .

If you don't pay council tax for about two month , you will quickly be took to a kangaroo court and a summons will be made . However the summons is not for the two months you haven't paid , it is for the two month and the entire following 10 month that have not yet passed . So in example if you failed to pay £60 in two months , they automatical summons you for the full year of £360 plus court fees .

Declaring you owe debt for a period that has not even passed .

My ex was took court last June , she knew nothing of this until about a month or so ago when a bailiffs threat letter came .

The council told her she didn't have to pay council tax because of the benefits she got , she even made a few payments to them when they did say she had to pay some between June and the bailiffs letter unaware of the proceedings.

It's a fast track scam , kangaroo court system .
    Look, it is not a kangaroo court system or a scam.
    Council Tax becomes due in April every year. Everyone has to pay it, or a part of it according to their means.
    For those paying in instalments, that is a concession, not an absolute right, and if that concession is abused the bill issued in April becomes fully payable.
    So pay up and there will not be a problem.
    Do you make these posts hoping that some kind person on this forum will send you a PM and a cheque to help you out?
    New Brexit party seems OK

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Barry For This Useful Post:

DeppityDawg (15-04-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Council Tax becomes due in April every year. Everyone has to pay it, or a part of it according to their means.
    For those paying in instalments, that is a concession, not an absolute right, and if that concession is abused the bill issued in April becomes fully payable.
    Do you make these posts hoping that some kind person on this forum will send you a PM and a cheque to help you out?
    Yes, they'd like that because it makes life easy for them; but when defaulting is the only way to get their attention for a legitimate grievance?
    There are none who do so much harm as those obsessed with doing good.

‘The longer the truth remains untold, the deeper it gets buried.’

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Look, extorsion is demanding money by threat or force . Threatening people if they don't pay something is extorsion by very definition . What law is being broken under common law jurisdiction if somebody refuses to pay ? What gives you or anybody lawful rights to demand people pay this fee ?

There isn't any , it is a fraudulent law and dictatorship .

Where's the crime being committed ? Provide a victim and accuser of a crime ?

It is a scam no matter how you try to dress it up , they have lots of other scams too and fake law such as fining parents for taking kids on holiday in school term .

p.s Oh almost forgot , don't forget that 20k you owe me Barry .

Thanks
    Here is extortion, or blackmail as you are actually alleging:
    https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/60/section/21
    21 Blackmail.
    (1)A person is guilty of blackmail if, with a view to gain for himself or another or with intent to cause loss to another, he makes any unwarranted demand with menaces; and for this purpose a demand with menaces is unwarranted unless the person making it does so in the belief—
    (a)that he has reasonable grounds for making the demand; and
    (b)that the use of the menaces is a proper means of reinforcing the demand.
    (2)The nature of the act or omission demanded is immaterial, and it is also immaterial whether the menaces relate to action to be taken by the person making the demand.
    The use of the word reasonable is what makes the demand lawful, because the money is owed.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Here is extortion, or blackmail as you are actually alleging:
    https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/60/section/21
    21 Blackmail.
    (1)A person is guilty of blackmail if, with a view to gain for himself or another or with intent to cause loss to another, he makes any unwarranted demand with menaces; and for this purpose a demand with menaces is unwarranted unless the person making it does so in the belief—
    (a)that he has reasonable grounds for making the demand; and
    (b)that the use of the menaces is a proper means of reinforcing the demand.
    (2)The nature of the act or omission demanded is immaterial, and it is also immaterial whether the menaces relate to action to be taken by the person making the demand.
    The use of the word reasonable is what makes the demand lawful, because the money is owed.
    It is not reasonable at all , the money isn't owed , the government are demanding it is owed with threats and intent to carry out these threats by forceful imprisonment .

You owe me 20k , are you going to pay that ?

Common law takes precedent , prior examples based on the government , show people go to jail if they don't pay demanded money that has no contract .

I've just give you an invoice for £20,000 for work I may or may not carry out in the future for you . I don't need a contract with you because of equality rules , I have the right to copy our governments fine example of obtaining money without contract .

If you don't pay I'm sending the bailiffs , ok ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawfully View Post
    It is not reasonable at all , the money isn't owed , the government are demanding it is owed with threats and intent to carry out these threats by forceful imprisonment .

You owe me 20k , are you going to pay that ?

Common law takes precedent , prior examples based on the government , show people go to jail if they don't pay demanded money that has no contract .

I've just give you an invoice for £20,000 for work I may or may not carry out in the future for you . I don't need a contract with you because of equality rules , I have the right to copy our governments fine example of obtaining money without contract .

If you don't pay I'm sending the bailiffs , ok ?
    Now you are just talking rubbish.
    If you don't believe in law and order, fine. But most people in the country comply to keep the country going, or there would be no funds for people needing benefits.