Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: China's BRI scheme

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    No, it's the way they put Muslims into correction camps, make them eat pork and try to brainwash their beliefs out of them.
    And they arrested 2 people from our church when they went out there to help provide bibles and to speak and encourage a church meeting.
    Then go back a bit and see why a Google search of "Tiananmen Square" is blocked in China.
    Those sort of human rights.
    I bet a few trainee imams landing at Heathrow with the intention of providing copies of the Koran and preaching at Islamic gatherings would attract the interest of the security services here.
    France would likely treat prosthelytising Christians, Confucians, Islamics, Jews, etc, the same...
    If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy DD. The poster also reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

Thanks
    It's interesting that these countries have just done it on their own initiative. I watched a speech by the Italian prime minister, who was clearly very happy with what he heard as a top Chinese delegation went over there to talk to him. He thinks it will make the country a great deal of money. It appears the Chinese have configured matters such that they comply with EU rules. I do not believe the EU has anything against foreign investment per se. I just don't think they thought of the possibility the Chinese would do something like this! It's a bit like what Google have done for the virtual traffic on the web. This is like a physical analogue of that.
    Toiler on the sea

Thanks
    Thanked 1,749 Times in 1,251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Lotsov View Post

Go there with the right attitude though and you will find them very friendly. They really like the British and you'll be popular.
    If by right attitude you mean acquiesce to their government's ideas, thanks but no thanks. I'll not go to China.
    New Brexit party seems OK

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    If by right attitude you mean acquiesce to their government's ideas, thanks but no thanks. I'll not go to China.
    I mean the people there. It's not a hostile place, and nor is it a place where they are frightened what to say. The people and the government are at one with most things though. That's the difference between this country and their country. We elect our government and end up with a useless and corrupt bunch of users, and over there they have faith in the wisdom of their leaders.

I'm full of admiration for what they have done. Before about 1980 China was mostly rural backward smallholdings with people so poor that they were just managing to survive. Then along comes the establishment of a central bank and today we see things like the world's fastest computer is Chinese, and they are building their own space station. One has to conclude they are very intelligent people. They attribute some of their success to us. Hong Kong is the most developed region of China and does a lot of high-tech stuff. That was our country at one point. You see they learnt the good things we achieved and did not copy the bad things, like this mental political correctness regime.
    Toiler on the sea