Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: UKIP: Gerard Batten says Nigel Farage trying to 'discredit' party

Thanks
    Is that "Oh Tommy Tommy" march stuff any different from the trade union marches and the like of the 70s though? Remember Red Robbo outside of British Leyland. Is that any different from a typical football match where large crowds often have a few fights?

The one thing it all has in common is it is working class, and that is how working class are and has always been. They are unsophisticated, they do the kind of job which does not require any thinking and probably the same thing all day long. They work hard, they don't get paid a great deal for the effort they put in but are not bright enough to be a solicitor or some well-paid white-collar job.

As far as I can see they don't really do anything that wrong. Often the pseudo-middle class will impose standards that are not their standards and they will not live up to what is imposed, but morally they might be a much better person than someone who cheats money out of people.

These people are essentially the ones who Labour have neglected, and I've got a feeling the trouble set in when Tony Blair came along. Blair was not exactly working class, if you think about it.
    Toiler on the sea

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Lotsov View Post
    Is that "Oh Tommy Tommy" march stuff any different from the trade union marches and the like of the 70s though? Remember Red Robbo outside of British Leyland. Is that any different from a typical football match where large crowds often have a few fights?

The one thing it all has in common is it is working class, and that is how working class are and has always been. They are unsophisticated, they do the kind of job which does not require any thinking and probably the same thing all day long. They work hard, they don't get paid a great deal for the effort they put in but are not bright enough to be a solicitor or some well-paid white-collar job.

As far as I can see they don't really do anything that wrong. Often the pseudo-middle class will impose standards that are not their standards and they will not live up to what is imposed, but morally they might be a much better person than someone who cheats money out of people.

These people are essentially the ones who Labour have neglected, and I've got a feeling the trouble set in when Tony Blair came along. Blair was not exactly working class, if you think about it.
    Funny you should say that,what happened to Corbyn man of the people,he has done more U-turns that you could count and found out the pseudo middle class have long been running him and the party.Which the funny part is,the middle class is the fastest shrinking of all.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
    Funny you should say that,what happened to Corbyn man of the people,he has done more U-turns that you could count and found out the pseudo middle class have long been running him and the party.Which the funny part is,the middle class is the fastest shrinking of all.
    It's interesting, isn't it. Despite having a wealthy father who sent him to a private school, he managed two E-grade A levels. This is the kind of man who Labour supporters want to run the country.
    Toiler on the sea

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baron von Lotsov For This Useful Post:

johnofgwent (17-04-2019), T00ts (17-04-2019)

Thanks
    Much more criticism here, from Batten:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=347866965842546

For me, neither Batten nor Garage are especially worthy of trust, and it all comes down to Garage splitting the vote, which may be fatal. Whether he is doing this on purpose to prevent a Brexit win or because he just wants power, I'm not sure, but he is ruining it.
    those princes have accomplished most who paid little heed to keeping their promises, but who knew how to manipulate the minds of men craftily.

Machiavelli, The Prince

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebirth View Post

When Farage took over there was an eruption of corruption in the party. Many long-term members left over it. I know, because I spoke with a few of them. Under Farage the UKIP went from small Eurosceptic party to superstar in the MSM. I don't think Farage ever truly left the Tories, and was apparently guided by establishment anti-whatever organisations to help win over the MSM.
    You have to appreciate though that the job of running such a party is very difficult. Also we all make mistakes which can be clearly seen in retrospect but perhaps if you had been up all night, stressed out to hell, have to make the right decision every time and so on that you would have screwed up if you were in his boots. As a leader you make important decisions all the time, and every single one of those must be right. Look at the job of a surgeon. They can't have an off-day or they will kill someone. It's that kind of pressure, which I do not think the majority have ever known in their lives. The majority do not make life and death decisions.

As you know, the UKIP was to the establishment the revenge of the gods. They had had it easy for hundreds of years and got it all nicely sown up. Look at the genealogy of MPs and you will see their lines of office in some cases go back centuries.

I loved the old UKIP because it was men with balls. They were like the British explorer who knew no fear. The party trailed along at 2% of the national vote of less for years. The up and coming politico class laughed in their faces as they knew they were destined for office. It was the sheer grit and determination that did it. Later on it was heavily attacked and infiltrated. Farage sometimes played a hard line because he had to. Sometimes as a leader you have to dictate. You won't be liked, but if you knew the one way was going to destroy you, you have to go by your view because you are the man responsible. Farage dictated right in some cases and in others he hurt the wrong people. They all complained, both traitor and genuine loyalist. How can you tell the difference though. This was a high-level professional attack. It was like the Vietcong and the US army. Anyhow its the results that count and we did get a referendum. we are in a far better position regarding our aim than we have ever been.
    Toiler on the sea

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scott777 View Post
    Much more criticism here, from Batten:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=347866965842546

For me, neither Batten nor Garage are especially worthy of trust, and it all comes down to Garage splitting the vote, which may be fatal. Whether he is doing this on purpose to prevent a Brexit win or because he just wants power, I'm not sure, but he is ruining it.
    Competition will make them both strong. Your view is the protectionist view, e.g. if I start a cafe next to that other one, we are going to spit the trade. However it does not always work out like people naively believe. With two cafes in competition, the price is driven down, and it pulls more custom to that spot. In the end both cafes are strong.
    Toiler on the sea

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Lotsov View Post
    Competition will make them both strong. Your view is the protectionist view, e.g. if I start a cafe next to that other one, we are going to spit the trade. However it does not always work out like people naively believe. With two cafes in competition, the price is driven down, and it pulls more custom to that spot. In the end both cafes are strong.
    Not a convincing analogy. The customers would not go to both cafes and what would the price represent?
    those princes have accomplished most who paid little heed to keeping their promises, but who knew how to manipulate the minds of men craftily.

Machiavelli, The Prince

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scott777 View Post
    Not a convincing analogy. The customers would not go to both cafes and what would the price represent?
    The price would be the price of a hot drink, a bite to eat, a few cakes. All this stuff would become tastier and cheaper with competition.

The customer though might decide though not to go to either cafe, if for example they wanted a cup of tea and in one cafe there was a sign pointing to the other one saying their tea tastes like puke, and then in the other cafe a sign pointing the other way saying their hygiene is terrible - you'll catch a disease.

I know- you don't see this very much - do you. You want to know why!
    Toiler on the sea