Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: UKIP: Gerard Batten says Nigel Farage trying to 'discredit' party

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    11,037
    Thanks
    2,488
    Thanked 1,817 Times in 1,433 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Lotsov View Post
    There appears to be two distinct political markets. The one is the market that was supplied by the BNP, which is working class nationalists, and the other is the right of the Tory Party. Since the Tories have gone socialist this would have at one time been the centre of the party.

    The UKIP has been a strange beast. It started off right of the Tory Party, but I think after Paul Nuttall took over it decided it was going to appeal to the working class as well. Now in theory this sounds like a good idea to max your vote out, but in practice it rarely works. As you recruit ex-Labour and Liberal politicians then you oppose the main core of support, and you end up directionless and looking really muddled, coz you are really muddled when you try and run a democratic party with socialists and capitalists in equal measures. I guess I was warmly for the idea, but the thing was the more you max them the more superficial you have to be in order to not upset the two opposing ideologies. The one thing in common was leaving the EU, and to this extent it worked.

    OK so something Farage said which I've been saying for ages but is now crystal clear is, you have to select your candidates on ability. The ones in power are hopeless and proved to be so, hence your line of attack is on competence. You need the best brains. The best brains do not sell very well to start with. They are not PR men and come across as rather boring to many. Where they win is when they make a prediction on the box and later on that prediction turns out to be spot on. It's the slow but steady growth strategy, but pays off in the end.

    Farage could never have sorted the UKIP out. In the end it was behaving like a bunch of monkeys. Gerard is clearly looking to fill the gap in the market where the BNP left off, and I have to say, Nick Griffin did a fine job of pulling that party out of the dumps and giving Labour a real nightmare. Good luck on that Gerard! That's like taking the rocky mountain road. It's dangerous, but fun.
    As one who stood for election for them, I would say you give too much credit to Nick Griffin.

    The BNP's popularity came directly from the GOVERNMENTS absolute lack of interest in doing anything about the genuine concern of the grass roots citizen of the country.

    I said myself during my candidacy that I had Gordon Brown and Tony Blair to thank for me standing, for if they opened their eyes and ears and listened to the people and actually acted instead of finding ways to bury the truth and crucify those telling it, then support for the party would vanish overnight.

    Griffin and Brons got their seats in the European Parliament as a DIRECT result of Labour's miserable failure to address concerns on ideological grounds.

    I give you Gordon Brown's "bigoted woman" comment caught on microphone. What was she saying ? That there was no future for her grandchildren in the country of her birth thanks to the rampant immigration that Mandelson has since admitted in the press was a deliberate policy to flood the country with labour voters.
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue" (Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929")

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to johnofgwent For This Useful Post:

    Streetwalker (16-04-2019)

  3. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,887
    Thanks
    862
    Thanked 972 Times in 823 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    As one who stood for election for them, I would say you give too much credit to Nick Griffin.

    The BNP's popularity came directly from the GOVERNMENTS absolute lack of interest in doing anything about the genuine concern of the grass roots citizen of the country.

    I said myself during my candidacy that I had Gordon Brown and Tony Blair to thank for me standing, for if they opened their eyes and ears and listened to the people and actually acted instead of finding ways to bury the truth and crucify those telling it, then support for the party would vanish overnight.

    Griffin and Brons got their seats in the European Parliament as a DIRECT result of Labour's miserable failure to address concerns on ideological grounds.

    I give you Gordon Brown's "bigoted woman" comment caught on microphone. What was she saying ? That there was no future for her grandchildren in the country of her birth thanks to the rampant immigration that Mandelson has since admitted in the press was a deliberate policy to flood the country with labour voters.
    Simples don't let them split the vote,then you win.
    This is a fight between the establishment with its power to create false impressions and the people's right of democracy.One vote one person.

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,478
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 150 Times in 138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    As one who stood for election for them, I would say you give too much credit to Nick Griffin.

    The BNP's popularity came directly from the GOVERNMENTS absolute lack of interest in doing anything about the genuine concern of the grass roots citizen of the country.

    I said myself during my candidacy that I had Gordon Brown and Tony Blair to thank for me standing, for if they opened their eyes and ears and listened to the people and actually acted instead of finding ways to bury the truth and crucify those telling it, then support for the party would vanish overnight.

    Griffin and Brons got their seats in the European Parliament as a DIRECT result of Labour's miserable failure to address concerns on ideological grounds.

    I give you Gordon Brown's "bigoted woman" comment caught on microphone. What was she saying ? That there was no future for her grandchildren in the country of her birth thanks to the rampant immigration that Mandelson has since admitted in the press was a deliberate policy to flood the country with labour voters.
    Griffin made the party mainstream. Remember the days of the National Front. You'd more than likely see it tattooed on the forehead of some skinhead who enjoys beating up Pakistanis.

    People always blame the leader for everything, but I doubt any could have done a better job. It's all gob and nothing to back it up with from many who ranted on about such a bad leader. Leading that party must have been a nightmare. I saw some of what was going on, and it was under full on attack from the entire establishment, including of course all of those who never bothered to do anything about people's concerns when they had a chance. I mean I personally do not support the politics of the party, but it was communicated professionally, and did build up a pretty decant crowd of supporters on the whole. I think some of those stories about Griffin with his hand in the till were actually from the enemies of the party. They seemed so certain. I smelt a rat.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked."Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    A Correction Facility
    Posts
    660
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 48 Times in 45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwalker View Post
    I wouldn't say he has alienated any of his voters but rather given them something to put their x next to in forthcoming elections .

    UKIP had achieved their reason for being in getting a leave vote across the line and needed a new direction if they were to go forward as a political party of the future .
    That of course with the drawn out leadership contests and resignations from the party left many confused as to what they were actually members of . Under Batten the party seemed to move into or at least focus on an anti Islam stance . The appointment of Robinson as a policy advisor was a step too far for many who had not already left the party and it was not until this point that Farage left the party .
    He will simply split the vote, when it could have been united under the UKIP banner. He stood down, ran to the USA for the fame, whilst leaving the entire process down to the Tories, which the UKIP had been fighting for decades. No genuine person would do that in the wake of that referendum victory. The BS about Robinson is so taken out of proportion that it simply results in more of the same old crap that we see from the establishment parties, and riddled with same old elitist snobbery to appease a political class who have no respect for the opinions of ordinary people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwalker View Post
    Farage did indeed know that article 50 had too many unknowns and was in fact a trap that would keep us tied to the EU for decades . Its why UKIP had preferred to repeal the 1972 communities act to leave the EU rather than go the article 50 route .
    So what did he do? He ran away to tour the USA when he should have been using his 'fame' and position to maintain pressure as UKIP leader. If he did, and is as genuine as we are supposed to believe, we may already be out by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwalker View Post
    But we are where we are and I would say there are a lot of people out there who are party less with a growing number wanting to give the mainstream parties a broken nose let alone a bloody one . UKIP are no longer that party ,the Brexit party hopefully is .
    Not for me. I find Farage too snake-like.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebirth For This Useful Post:

    scott777 (17-04-2019)

  7. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    898
    Thanks
    103
    Thanked 106 Times in 92 Posts
    I'll leave someone else to deal with that risible load of tripe.

  8. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    11,037
    Thanks
    2,488
    Thanked 1,817 Times in 1,433 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Lotsov View Post
    Griffin made the party mainstream. Remember the days of the National Front. You'd more than likely see it tattooed on the forehead of some skinhead who enjoys beating up Pakistanis.

    People always blame the leader for everything, but I doubt any could have done a better job. It's all gob and nothing to back it up with from many who ranted on about such a bad leader. Leading that party must have been a nightmare. I saw some of what was going on, and it was under full on attack from the entire establishment, including of course all of those who never bothered to do anything about people's concerns when they had a chance. I mean I personally do not support the politics of the party, but it was communicated professionally, and did build up a pretty decant crowd of supporters on the whole. I think some of those stories about Griffin with his hand in the till were actually from the enemies of the party. They seemed so certain. I smelt a rat.
    In fact I think Andrew Brons, despite having a more colourful history, was a far better leadership figure.
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue" (Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929")

  9. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    A Correction Facility
    Posts
    660
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 48 Times in 45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cerberus View Post
    I'll leave someone else to deal with that risible load of tripe.
    Thanks for letting us know.

  10. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    EUSSR
    Posts
    1,773
    Thanks
    424
    Thanked 168 Times in 152 Posts
    I wouldn't be surprised if Nigel Farage was granted the Victoria's Cross for his fight against the establishment. The man marched from Sunderland to London because he believes in Britain and Brexit.

  11. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,887
    Thanks
    862
    Thanked 972 Times in 823 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cerberus View Post
    I'll leave someone else to deal with that risible load of tripe.
    Best way,just ignore it,I used to spend time explaining far right Zionism was just another dead end path.
    This is a fight between the establishment with its power to create false impressions and the people's right of democracy.One vote one person.

  12. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    A Correction Facility
    Posts
    660
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 48 Times in 45 Posts
    It's like I just posted something bad about the messiah Jeremy Corbyn. Even the Israel deflections are the same.

Similar Threads

  1. UKIP leader Gerard Batten survives no-confidence vote
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-12-2018, 09:51 AM
  2. Tommy Robinson to advise UKIP leader Gerard Batten
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 30-11-2018, 04:45 PM
  3. UKIP boss Gerard Batten calls for assembly abolition poll
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2018, 02:50 PM
  4. UKIP facing 'difficult' local elections - Gerard Batten
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-04-2018, 08:27 PM
  5. UKIP 'saved from insolvency' by donations - Gerard Batten
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2018, 05:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •