Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Where's Begum?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    728
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 88 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    Well the bullshine and propaganda is blatantly obvious. Fear of Corbyn is causing most of it.
    But no example then? Okay, rather no answer than a bullshit one.
    There are none who do so much harm as those obsessed with doing good.

    ‘The longer the truth remains untold, the deeper it gets buried.’

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    15,279
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked 443 Times in 385 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cerberus View Post
    But no example then? Okay, rather no answer than a bullshit one.
    Just take your pick of any front page news.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    728
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 88 Times in 76 Posts
    "Jeremy Hunt admits granting Shamima Begum legal aid would make him 'very uncomfortable"

    Well don't then, you ***t!! FFS!!

    I forgot the link again . . .
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ell-family-ex/
    There are none who do so much harm as those obsessed with doing good.

    ‘The longer the truth remains untold, the deeper it gets buried.’

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London N16
    Posts
    5,511
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 555 Times in 468 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cerberus View Post
    "Jeremy Hunt admits granting Shamima Begum legal aid would make him 'very uncomfortable"

    Well don't then, you ***t!! FFS!!

    I forgot the link again . . .
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ell-family-ex/
    The government does not choose the individuals to get legal aid. It sets the parameters, but doesn’t deal with individual applicants — other than sometimes being in the dock...
    If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy — DD. The poster also reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    728
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 88 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    The government does not choose the individuals to get legal aid. It sets the parameters, but doesn’t deal with individual applicants — other than sometimes being in the dock...
    However it works, or whatever the parameters it uses, it's discriminatory: it's still funded by taxpayers, and we don't expect our taxes to be used (abused?) for this kind of thing.
    There are none who do so much harm as those obsessed with doing good.

    ‘The longer the truth remains untold, the deeper it gets buried.’

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    9,637
    Thanks
    1,698
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Dunno, but her lawyers are starting to collect the expense cheques ...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

    Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London N16
    Posts
    5,511
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 555 Times in 468 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cerberus View Post
    However it works, or whatever the parameters it uses, it's discriminatory: it's still funded by taxpayers, and we don't expect our taxes to be used (abused?) for this kind of thing.
    I don’t disagree, but I’m still easier overall that such decisions are handled by the legal system and not by politicians...
    If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy — DD. The poster also reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    9,637
    Thanks
    1,698
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    The government does not choose the individuals to get legal aid. It sets the parameters, but doesn’t deal with individual applicants — other than sometimes being in the dock...
    Then it should (re) set those parameters to force those persons stripped of United kingdom citizenship for aiding and abetting or direct involvemrment in terrorism to seek assistance in gaining redress through the authorities of the country they are left a citizen of.

    I'm sure the Dutch are fair minded people who will come to the aid of someone who can make the case they have been grievously wronged

    They might even take her case to the EU court.

    That should make interesting times for remainers....
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

    Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9,774
    Thanks
    1,901
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,259 Posts
    Justice is fine and dandy in the UK.
    A soldier is being prosecuted over the death of a 15 year old in a near civil war in Ireland around 41 years ago.
    A shyster company has been granted legal aid to defend the case of this disgusting Begum woman, who they have never met.
    Bravo and three cheers for British justice!
    New Brexit party seems OK

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Barry For This Useful Post:

    cerberus (16-04-2019)

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,154
    Thanks
    464
    Thanked 260 Times in 190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Justice is fine and dandy in the UK.
    A soldier is being prosecuted over the death of a 15 year old in a near civil war in Ireland around 41 years ago.
    A shyster company has been granted legal aid to defend the case of this disgusting Begum woman, who they have never met.
    Bravo and three cheers for British justice!
    The law is an ass and always was.

Similar Threads

  1. Shamima Begum has right to return to UK - Jeremy Corbyn
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 16-03-2019, 08:46 AM
  2. Shamima Begum
    By Know it in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-03-2019, 09:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •