Thread: Some good news anyway

Thanks
    Thanked 1,609 Times in 1,120 Posts

Some good news anyway

Sorry I can't link to it as I'm on my stupid phone and it won't let me.

But it seems Assange has been dragged out of the Equadorian embassy this morning.

Time to face the music for the little ****

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,609 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    Thank you Lankou.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 863 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A shame really.

I don't know how long he would have gotten if found guilty of molesting those women, but so far he has spent 7 years banged up in the Equadorian embassy and had he not pissed off his hosts, he would still be there. All at no cost to the UK taxpayer.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Borchester For This Useful Post:

johnofgwent (12-04-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,494 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post
    A shame really.

I don't know how long he would have gotten if found guilty of molesting those women, but so far he has spent 7 years banged up in the Equadorian embassy and had he not pissed off his hosts, he would still be there. All at no cost to the UK taxpayer.
    Ah but it was never the trial for molesting the women he was worried about was it...

What got me about this whole business wasn't him but the yank who spilled the beans that got published on wikileaks, I forget his name now.

I remember reading some telegraph ? or independent ? journalist gave the material to his argentinian boyfriend to smuggle through airport security for him, and this guy got detained.

Some fool then tried to charge the courier with terrorism, and the wheels spectacularly fell off that chariot in a blaze of accusations about interference with press freedom.

I never understood why we dis not proecced with a trial on the basis of the obvious facts.

An enemy alien, a national of a country with a clear hostile intent towards the United Kingdom, with whom we have in living memory gone to war with, and who to this day refuse to surrender the issue over which we had to send men to die in war, was found in possession of classified military intelligence clearly the property of our military and intelligence services and that of a NATO ally.

Sod terrorisn, that's military espionage, and why is the little shyte not swinging from a gibbet for it ???
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"