Thread: Felicity Huffman Agrees To Plead Guilty In College Admissions Scandal, Apologizes To Students Who Honestly Earn Admission To College

Thanks

Felicity Huffman Agrees To Plead Guilty In College Admissions Scandal, Apologizes To Students Who Honestly Earn Admission To College

The "Desperate Housewives" actress and 50 others were nabbed in the biggest college admissions scam ever.

Felicity Huffman has agreed to plead guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud in a bombshell college admissions case. Huffman was among 13 others who pleaded guilty Monday, while actress Lori Loughlin and her husband were not on the list of those who negotiated with the Justice Department.
    Last edited by cromwell; 09-04-2019 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Link removed please read rule 2.13

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 1,187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm a tad confused.

Why should I give a flying one that some Z list celeb paid money to get her little darlings into some posh uni ? Our hoi-polloi have done it here for centuries ...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to johnofgwent For This Useful Post:

lankou (09-04-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    I'm a tad confused.

Why should I give a flying one that some Z list celeb paid money to get her little darlings into some posh uni ? Our hoi-polloi have done it here for centuries ...

It's "spam" directing us to his/her site, that is until Cromwell snipped the link.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

All posts as an ordinary member unless marked mod notice.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,436 Times in 1,838 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    I'm a tad confused.

Well it's the US section and since they all took the hump and moved elsewhere whoever really bothers that much with it anyway?
    The new parliamentary democracy,it's not the will of the people that counts but the will of 650......will come back to haunt them.

Thanks
    So they make a "donation" to the college and their kid gets in. So what? If they wrapped it up as a bribe, then more fool them. Build a library, sports pavilion, etc etc.

I do know of one prestigious school that had the library built by an old boy with what people suspect was to help his son follow in his footsteps. He was told before, that the donation would not help his son, to which his reply was supposedly that the donation was because of his time at the place. Didn't help the son gain admission.

I must say that I saw this US "scandal" in the press and skipped right over it. If the holier than thou people come unstuck, so be it. In fact all the better, as they tend to be terribly pious at the best of times. As it is, I have never heard of Huffman, and nor am I in the slightest bit interested. I presume "Desperate Housewives" is one of those particularly low grade reality TV series that people seem to conflate with real life (if I'm wrong, no need to tell me as I am really not bothered).
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by boggart View Post
    I presume "Desperate Housewives" is one of those particularly low grade reality TV series that people seem to conflate with real life (if I'm wrong, no need to tell me as I am really not bothered).

Many years ago , a friend of mine was a milkman, he gave up the job because he could not manage the number of "desperate housewives" on his milk round.

All posts as an ordinary member unless marked mod notice.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,436 Times in 1,838 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    Many years ago , a friend of mine was a milkman, he gave up the job because he could not manage the number of "desperate housewives" on his milk round.
    was he called Ernie?
    The new parliamentary democracy,it's not the will of the people that counts but the will of 650......will come back to haunt them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 1,187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    Well it's the US section and since they all took the hump and moved elsewhere whoever really bothers that much with it anyway?
    Well, I wasn't specifically suggesting i don't give a flying one because she's a yank. I suppose if i were, I might be a tad pissed about it.
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    was he called Ernie?
    No, Paul, and he was in his youth very fit looking and over six feet tall.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,039 Times in 843 Posts
    Blog Entries
    was he called Ernie?
    "Ernie, I will be happy if it comes up to my chest