Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Yeah, but diesel....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorion View Post
    You asked what an EU wife looks like. So I identified one. How that gets extrapolated to 'all EU wives are Slovenian/Yugoslavian' is beyond me. Isn't asking what a EU wife looks like a bit like asking what a European looks like ? The ones that end up marrying Brits won't have unique distinguishing features from the rest of the population. And lest there be further leaps of logic, I'm not suggesting all EU spouses look like her either - some of those spouses are men.
    So whats your problem then? apart from making out British Servicemen who have married women from around Europe will be told they are no longer British,which is utter tosh you made up.A bit like throwing in the EU wife.Which you said yourself you cannot say what one could look like.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,748 Times in 1,251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
    I can see this EU wife business is complicated stuff.
    You are right. Some of these EU wives are men, apparently.
    New Brexit party seems OK

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Barry For This Useful Post:

Sheepy (15-04-2019)

Thanks
    So whats your problem then? apart from making out British Servicemen who have married women from around Europe will be told they are no longer British,which is utter tosh you made up.A bit like throwing in the EU wife.Which you said yourself you cannot say what one could look like.
    I'd suggest reading through the thread Sheeps to understand where all the words came from.

Well ok, one who was stationed down the road in Gibraltar went home with a Spanish wife. Google images of 'what does a Spanish woman look like', pick a random one, and that's what a Spanish wife looks like.

Thanks
    I'd suggest reading through the thread Sheeps to understand where all the words came from.

Well ok, one who was stationed down the road in Gibraltar went home with a Spanish wife. Google images of 'what does a Spanish woman look like', pick a random one, and that's what a Spanish wife looks like.
    Oh yeah I am sure I will be spending my time googling Spanish wives.You have gone from remain voting servicemen to EU wives to some are men to Spanish wives.I have seen some adverts for Russian brides though.

Thanks
    Oh yeah I am sure I will be spending my time googling Spanish wives.You have gone from remain voting servicemen to EU wives to some are men to Spanish wives.I have seen some adverts for Russian brides though.
    I can help you there Sheeps. Here's a pic of a Spanish lass, who I'm sure is married to someone. Put a nice suit on her with a long red tie, change the hair a bit, and she'd be looking quite presidential.

Thanks
    I can help you there Sheeps. Here's a pic of a Spanish lass, who I'm sure is married to someone. Put a nice suit on her with a long red tie, change the hair a bit, and she'd be looking quite presidential.

Oh yeah so it is.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post
    That is unfair. Beelbeeb is a remainer and thus a European, not British.

Without doubt he is beneath contempt, but there is no way that Britain can be considered his country or the British his countrymen or women.
    English, British and European.

Just take a quick read of what you typed.

You're one step away from campaigning to strip fellow citizens of their rights?

Then where?

Maybe rounding up those of us who don't vote for "the party" and sticking us in camps might seem like a good idea?...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    So exactly what part of the Withdrawal Agreement did he negotiate.

You seem to like using a lot of words when one would suffice - are you trying to hide something?
    What might I be hiding?

A50 was served 29 March 2017 and the first meeting between the UK team (headed by David) and EU team (headed by Barnier) was 19 June 2017.

The Withdrawal Agreement was agreed (or the text was formally published ) on the 15 November (IIRC).

That means there were between 17-19 months (depending on whether you take the serving of a50 or the 1st meeting as the start) months of negotiations.

Davis quit mid July 2018 (after having agreed the "Chequers plan" a week or so before) meaning he was incharge for between 13-15 months of the total negotiating time. That's between 75 and 90% of the time.

So he was either responsible for the majority of the negotiations or he was so incompetent he wasted over 3/4 of the UK's negotiating time getting nowhere.

Which is it?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beelbeeb View Post
    What might I be hiding?

A50 was served 29 March 2017 and the first meeting between the UK team (headed by David) and EU team (headed by Barnier) was 19 June 2017.

The Withdrawal Agreement was agreed (or the text was formally published ) on the 15 November (IIRC).

That means there were between 17-19 months (depending on whether you take the serving of a50 or the 1st meeting as the start) months of negotiations.

Davis quit mid July 2018 (after having agreed the "Chequers plan" a week or so before) meaning he was incharge for between 13-15 months of the total negotiating time. That's between 75 and 90% of the time.

So he was either responsible for the majority of the negotiations or he was so incompetent he wasted over 3/4 of the UK's negotiating time getting nowhere.

Which is it?
    So even after all those words you still cant tell me what part of the Withdrawal agreement he was responsible for. Funny that....

We know the agreement that Davis spent his time negotiating as it was rejected by Mrs May when she replaced him as lead negotiator with Olly Robbins. The Davis agreement was published and it looked nothing like the Robbins Withdrawal agreement.

Thanks
    I guess I'm in the vast majority of people who know next-to-nothing about the complexities of who negotiated what, but just look open-mouthed at the simpler picture of the times frames involved. 2 years - then it all comes down to a frantic last-minute panic.

And now an extension to October happens, and everyone goes on holiday.

Whatever the technicalities, the optics are bad.