Thread: Depressed.

Thanks

Depressed.

First off, I want brexit! Why? Not because of the promises that were made about the milk and honey afterwards, but because I felt I didn't want to be subservient to a system that appeared to be "ruled" by a committee that was not made up of elected personnel. I wanted to get back every aspect of rule by a sovereign country. I believed that we could make our own way in the world, as we always had done. Joining a common market was a good way of doing this without being politically bound to any ideology. Unfortunately, this is where the politicians decided "ordinary" people couldn't discuss and organise trade deals without laws being passed. I seem to remember it worked pretty well at the beginning. The market would decide which products were better than others, taking in to respect the safety, quality etc of the item, not regarding the country it came from. It could have continued but for politicians.
    This forum as I see it is like the UK parliament at present. Everybody adamant that their view is the most important and slapping everybody else (mostly) who disagrees. So if this forum was parliament, we would be in the same predicament as we are now.
    So what's the point of this forum? Every body venting their spleen at other people who don't have their views, members of parliament, the EU etc. I suppose it gets a load off your chest, otherwise, it's like i said once before, about politicians, it's as much use as a concrete parachute. It will achieve nothing. Nobody is looking at it except the people who contribute.
    As David Frost used to say - Goodnight.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,268 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Blog Entries
    In reality we were stitched up from the start.

In recent weeks I have researched this a lot

The white paper ted heath made available in 71/72 made it clear he'd just picked up and run with a 1964 ISH negotiation stance, which I also found and read.

It is crystal clear that the Wilson government were going to sell us down the river, Charles de Gaulle blocked it thinking we were not ready for that, heath picked up where that left off.

Hard as it is for me to say this, while Heath might have used some sound bites to pretending was a trade deal, the paperwork I have downloaded in microfiche image processing he knew, and acted to achieve, otherwise...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    In reality we were stitched up from the start.

In recent weeks I have researched this a lot

The white paper ted heath made available in 71/72 made it clear he'd just picked up and run with a 1964 ISH negotiation stance, which I also found and read.

It is crystal clear that the Wilson government were going to sell us down the river, Charles de Gaulle blocked it thinking we were not ready for that, heath picked up where that left off.

Hard as it is for me to say this, while Heath might have used some sound bites to pretending was a trade deal, the paperwork I have downloaded in microfiche image processing he knew, and acted to achieve, otherwise...
    If it's so bad being in the EU, how come you haven't left already? Article 50 was triggered 2 years ago, you could have left at any moment, no deal required. What are you waiting for?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,130 Times in 1,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Findeton View Post
    If it's so bad being in the EU, how come you haven't left already? Article 50 was triggered 2 years ago, you could have left at any moment, no deal required. What are you waiting for?
    Well if he had the wherewithal I have no doubt Jog would declare UDI,but he hasn't.
    The new parliamentary democracy,it's not the will of the people that counts but the will of 650......will come back to haunt them.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    oh din't worry we will.

And if you read article 50, as i have, you will find we cannot leave with under its provisions no deal until the 29th

and don't confuse the will of the people with the actions of those who pretend to represent us.

and mocking those of us who feel "a bit miffed" about this is not a good idea.

Ask the Ceaușescus how that went for them .. oh wait
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    oh din't worry we will.

And if you read article 50, as i have, you will find we cannot leave with under its provisions no deal until the 29th

and don't confuse the will of the people with the actions of those who pretend to represent us.

and mocking those of us who feel "a bit miffed" about this is not a good idea.

Ask the Ceaușescus how that went for them .. oh wait
    I didn't know I was someone akin to Ceaușescu, but hey, thanks for the death threat, I'll let moderators decide if the threat is worth considering.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 718 Posts
    I didn't know I was someone akin to Ceaușescu, but hey, thanks for the death threat, I'll let moderators decide if the threat is worth considering.
    Ceauscescu was not so much the recipient of death threats as the prime instrument for their delivery.

That said your sole purpose in being on this forum is obviously to belittle the British. You patently don't understand the British psyche, nor the arguments regarding Brexit from a UK perspective nor do you display the knowledge or intellect to come over with any objectivity or credibility. If you had anything more between your ears than steaming gunk you would actually try and understand why a majority of UK voters want to leave the EU, before you display your offensive ignorance in attacking those that do.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Major Sinic For This Useful Post:

cassie (17-03-2019), johnofgwent (17-03-2019), Sheepy (17-03-2019), T00ts (17-03-2019)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Aw did the nasty man make you run to mummy ???

Trust me, I don't make death THREATS.

I don't need to.
    --