Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: What next for the Liberal Democrats?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,098 Times in 718 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    I expect the Daily Mail are pig sick they commissioned this opinion poll. (Published today.)

NEW Survation on behalf of the Daily Mail. Full results can be found here: https://www.survation.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Daily-Mail-tables.xlsx …

For the sake of balance which Lankou always claims to provide but never does, I provide fuller details of the most recent polls!

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/ar...ategory/yougov

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    For the sake of balance which Lankou always claims to provide but never does, I provide fuller details of the most recent polls!

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/ar...ategory/yougov
    you say that as if you are contradicting lankou , when you arent.

Both you gov and survation , as lankou linked to , show a 5 point drop for the tories , whilst survation has better polling figures for labour and has them in the lead.

Again you attack the messenger rather than the message , which is a poor show for the tories to say the least , and shows yet again the uk political stalemate at westminster continues as it has done for years.

Why?

Thats because as we all know neither party is popular with voters , one side holds their nose and votes labour to keep tory out and vice versa in your anti democratic first past the post stitch up of a system.

Further , its bad news for you as the vast majority of mps in both those parties are staunch remainers who , if they get into government , will thwart brexit.
    "Pour l’Angleterre … il n’y a pas d’alliance qui tienne, ni de traité qui vaille, ni la vérité qui compte." Charles De Gaulle

Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post

We have suffered under their undemocratic fire for years in scotland and ireland ,..........
    Stop snivelling, it makes you sound like a Scot.

That said and if the Major's figures are correct, it looks as though both the Tories and Tartan Knicker Gang are set to gain majorities at the expense of the Labour party. I dare say that Dozy Doris will manage to screw up as usual, but right now things look good.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post
    Stop snivelling, it makes you sound like a Scot.
    im not snivelling. As we showed you at the rugby last night , we dont snivell , we stand toe to toe with you and fight. The snivelling seems to come form your fellow countrymen that cant take their medicine when the big bad jock calls them names.

Anyway , we can hardly get a word in for the crying of you english brexiters.

We get up off our arse and actually do things like voting for the snp and trying to get independence , while you vote tory you tell us at the last election to give you brexit and when they inevitably stab you in the back , with much anglo saxon whining , we pass the popcorn and laugh.

Wipe your nose , get up off your knees and hurry up and feckin leave will you.?

That said and if the Major's figures are correct, it looks as though both the Tories and Tartan Knicker Gang are set to gain majorities at the expense of the Labour party. I dare say that Dozy Doris will manage to screw up as usual, but right now things look good.
    A five point drop for the tories in both polls is a gain for the tories and you say this looks good?

Borkie put your specs on and have another read.
    "Pour l’Angleterre … il n’y a pas d’alliance qui tienne, ni de traité qui vaille, ni la vérité qui compte." Charles De Gaulle

Thanks
    Thanked 2,125 Times in 1,631 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    Of course cromwell.

Surely i dont need to remind you it was i who posted information on this forum regarding westminsters duplicity over referendums in the past , for example the scottish devolution referendum 1979.

I also pointed out how i believed they would try and overturn the brexit ref by similar means if they could , when many of you believed voting tory was enough at the last election to get brexit done.

This isnt a dig its merely to show i agree with you.
    Yes I did and have no problem in admitting I was wrong

I think we are now on dangerous ground regarding democracy.

Whatever your view on politics , im sure we all agree , when the public has no faith or trust in the ballot box , eventually violence becomes the only way forward , as events in the 6 counties of the north of ireland showed over the years.
    Yes we are on dangerous ground though I hope violence isn't used as a remedy,in all this it reminds me of Trump being elected and the furore which continues to the present usually from so called democratic institutions and representatives.........he might be many things but he was elected by the American people in much the same way Salvador Allende was elected and then deposed violently.

Would he have ruined Chile?we don't know he wasn't around long enough to find out but Pinochet wasn't elected,he illed or imprisoned a lot of people in a regime supported by many western democracies.

Trump and Allende were voted in by their people whether that was the correct decision is irrelevant much the same as brexit,it was democracy in action.

The brexit referendum should be honoured , but it wont be as events show.

You will either get BRINO , or remain
    Yes I believe correct on both counts and democracy looks an illusion,anyway though wtf this has to do "what next for the lib dims" I haven't a clue so I'll go off and slap myself round the head
    The new parliamentary democracy,it's not the will of the people that counts but the will of 650......will come back to haunt them.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    Yes I did and have no problem in admitting I was wrong
    I know you did cromwell , and it wasnt any sort of a dig at you.

Theres a few on here though who dont share that view.
    Yes we are on dangerous ground though I hope violence isn't used as a remedy,in all this it reminds me of Trump being elected and the furore which continues to the present usually from so called democratic institutions and representatives.........he might be many things but he was elected by the American people in much the same way Salvador Allende was elected and then deposed violently.

Would he have ruined Chile?we don't know he wasn't around long enough to find out but Pinochet wasn't elected,he illed or imprisoned a lot of people in a regime supported by many western democracies.

Trump and Allende were voted in by their people whether that was the correct decision is irrelevant much the same as brexit,it was democracy in action.

I agree , and as i said its a bad place for all of us to be.

This is all just about a face saving excercise for westminster and the majority in it to thwart brexit , and you couldnt have a worse leader than theresa may to plot the course with her cack handed way of doing politics.

She isnt well liked nor respected , and in many ways is turning a bad situation worse.

Yes I believe correct on both counts and democracy looks an illusion,anyway though wtf this has to do "what next for the lib dims" I haven't a clue so I'll go off and slap myself round the head
    Well as you know the cut and thrust of debate wanders.

The lib dems are the architect of their own demise , i have little time for them.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post

Survation has proven to be the most accurate pollster over the last few years.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    Survation has proven to be the most accurate pollster over the last few years.
    Dont worry about it lanky , you dont have to justify yourself to sinic.

Anyone who can read can see his beloved tories are down badly in both polls , as the mess they are making of brexit and the country at large begins to bite.

Brexit will be a millstone round the tories necks for years to come.