Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: New Zealand mosque shootings

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    15,675
    Thanks
    377
    Thanked 461 Times in 401 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cassie View Post
    Seriously, how can anyone just shoot Innocent, unharmed people at point-blank rage, including children? Incidents like this just make you feel sick.
    That is "extreme right wing," terrorists for you. By concentrating on "Islamic" terrorists, the threat from the "extreme right," has been ignored.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,035
    Thanks
    2,022
    Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,331 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    That is "extreme right wing," terrorists for you. By concentrating on "Islamic" terrorists, the threat from the "extreme right," has been ignored.
    Lankou, New Zealand is a very liberal country which would never consider itself on the receiving end of terrorism, wherever it comes from. So I believe they may have been complacent in respect to all terror threats.
    The extreme right has not been ignored worldwide, in fact their have been several cases of them being locked up in our country.

    The sinking of the Rainbow Warrior was the most recent terrorist attack, that was carried out by the French government.
    They took your country from you, now they've taken your democracy too.
    And "they" are the elites, those who hate the culture of the people, the values of the people, the democracy of the people.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barry For This Useful Post:

    cassie (16-03-2019), cromwell (15-03-2019)

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    9,857
    Thanks
    1,779
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,125 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by cassie View Post
    Seriously, how can anyone just shoot Innocent, unharmed people at point-blank rage, including children? Incidents like this just make you feel sick.
    Ask the Irish....... they were good at it ...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

    Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to johnofgwent For This Useful Post:

    Major Sinic (16-03-2019)

  6. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    15,675
    Thanks
    377
    Thanked 461 Times in 401 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The extreme right has not been ignored worldwide, in fact their have been several cases of them being locked up in our country.

    Resources are concentrated on "islamic" terrorism, when frankly home grown "far right" terrorism is not getting the attention from the security services it should be.

  7. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    814
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 94 Times in 82 Posts
    OP

    We may as well spare the obligatory, crocodile-tears 'Our thoughts and prayers are with the loved ones of those involved blah, blah, blah', not only because it's false and meaningless, but because this is only the beginning: extreme violence begets extreme violence'; to retaliate is merely the natural response of the human condition, in that if one's own family is attacked, one will defend the family members against the attackers with extreme prejudice. In other words Muslims must be on the defensive the same as the rest of us, because they're victims of this jihad too: but then it's partly their own fault, because if they didn't subscribe to Islam there would be no Islam, QED?? Also they're so easily identified by the fact that they refuse to integrate into their host countries' habits and customs instead of leaving them 'at home'? So we'd all - well, at least those who have that inexplicable urge to 'congregate' - better get used to 'praying' at home if we want to live to pray another day. After all, we didn't start this war?
    There are none who do so much harm as those obsessed with doing good.

    ‘The longer the truth remains untold, the deeper it gets buried.’

  8. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,603
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 541 Times in 387 Posts
    I see that the Wales/Ireland had a minutes silence for the Christchurch massacre.

    What about this?? https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/cwn/201...-brutal-attack Happened a couple of weeks ago. Any mention anywhere of it?? And let's face it, its not a particularly isolated case. Nor do we hear about this https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/...193655675.html which might have led to this attack.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

  9. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,035
    Thanks
    2,022
    Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,331 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boggart View Post
    I see that the Wales/Ireland had a minutes silence for the Christchurch massacre.

    What about this?? https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/cwn/201...-brutal-attack Happened a couple of weeks ago. Any mention anywhere of it?? And let's face it, its not a particularly isolated case. Nor do we hear about this https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/...193655675.html which might have led to this attack.
    I was talking to my wife about this earlier. There has been cards sent to various mosques with messages that "We love you", that's in the UK too, apparently.
    I don't remember any messages of support being sent to churches in the UK when those attacks in Nigeria, or similar attacks in Pakistan or Indonesia occurred.
    So you are right to raise the disparity.
    They took your country from you, now they've taken your democracy too.
    And "they" are the elites, those who hate the culture of the people, the values of the people, the democracy of the people.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Barry For This Useful Post:

    Major Sinic (16-03-2019)

  11. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,311
    Thanks
    772
    Thanked 762 Times in 646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cerberus View Post
    OP

    We may as well spare the obligatory, crocodile-tears 'Our thoughts and prayers are with the loved ones of those involved blah, blah, blah', not only because it's false and meaningless, but because this is only the beginning: extreme violence begets extreme violence'; to retaliate is merely the natural response of the human condition, in that if one's own family is attacked, one will defend the family members against the attackers with extreme prejudice. In other words Muslims must be on the defensive the same as the rest of us, because they're victims of this jihad too: but then it's partly their own fault, because if they didn't subscribe to Islam there would be no Islam, QED?? Also they're so easily identified by the fact that they refuse to integrate into their host countries' habits and customs instead of leaving them 'at home'? So we'd all - well, at least those who have that inexplicable urge to 'congregate' - better get used to 'praying' at home if we want to live to pray another day. After all, we didn't start this war?
    When the boot was on the other foot,it was thoughts and prayers all around,now suddenly they don't count any longer,it is a funny old world for sure.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

  12. #19
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    14,930
    Thanks
    3,700
    Thanked 3,434 Times in 2,656 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by boggart View Post
    I see that the Wales/Ireland had a minutes silence for the Christchurch massacre.

    What about this?? https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/cwn/201...-brutal-attack Happened a couple of weeks ago. Any mention anywhere of it?? And let's face it, its not a particularly isolated case. Nor do we hear about this https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/...193655675.html which might have led to this attack.
    I think you are right to raise the issue. But it's not an issue of attacks by Islamicist extremists not being reported, as we know that they frequently are. It's an issue of people not bothering much about what happens in a place like Nigeria. It's also I suspect why we hear little about attacks on Muslims by Christians in Central African Republic.
    It's amazing how common this narcissism is: I disagree with person A, and I also disagree with person B, therefore A and B are identical - Daniel Hannan

  13. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    9,857
    Thanks
    1,779
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,125 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    It had to happen I suppose extremist nutters attack mosques in Christchurch New Zealand so far those dead in double figures.

    And so someone somewhere will kill a lot of non Muslims in reprisal,ain't the world a lovely place?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-47578798
    One nutter, I think.

    We had about nine fron the religion of peace run amok in London.

    Truth is i am past caring.
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

    Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 26-11-2017, 02:22 PM
  2. Finsbury Mosque attack
    By albertcornercrew in forum War, Conflicts & Terrorism Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-06-2017, 07:40 AM
  3. Police shootings in USA - discussion
    By Barry in forum United States Politics Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 23-07-2016, 04:09 PM
  4. Because if the teachers were armed, shootings would be LESS likely.....
    By uganda in forum United States Politics Forum
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 23-03-2013, 09:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •