Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: MPs vote by 412 to 202 to seek delay to EU departure

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,688
    Thanks
    1,028
    Thanked 802 Times in 659 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    MPs vote by 412 to 202 to seek delay to EU departure

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47576813

    A the very best, at least a hundred Tory MPs have voted to betray the UK.

    They might have said that before they stood for for election but there you are.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    963
    Thanks
    197
    Thanked 61 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47576813

    A the very best, at least a hundred Tory MPs have voted to betray the UK.

    They might have said that before they stood for for election but there you are.
    The worst thing is that this charade will repeat itself in two months.
    17,410,743 people said LEAVE!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,941
    Thanks
    346
    Thanked 422 Times in 366 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    The worst thing is that this charade will repeat itself in two months.
    What was voted for has to be agreed to by all EU member states, so it may not happen at all or be extended to two years.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    963
    Thanks
    197
    Thanked 61 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    What was voted for has to be agreed to by all EU member states, so it may not happen at all or be extended to two years.
    I'm pretty sure the EU will grant extension.
    17,410,743 people said LEAVE!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    8,488
    Thanks
    1,003
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 798 Posts
    Im pretty sure the bad deal will get voted through next week

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,533
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 192 Times in 165 Posts
    So, a failed PM, a failed Gov't and a failed opposition are reduced to kicking the can down the road again, if the EU allow it that is.
    The real losers are us, the public who deserve better that the shitshower of poor grade politicians who are supposed to represent us.
    It is expected that May will submit her useless deal for a third time. Surely this is an abuse of Gov't power?

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to albertcornercrew For This Useful Post:

    johnofgwent (14-03-2019), T00ts (14-03-2019)

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    8,488
    Thanks
    1,003
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 798 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albertcornercrew View Post
    So, a failed PM, a failed Gov't and a failed opposition are reduced to kicking the can down the road again, if the EU allow it that is.
    The real losers are us, the public who deserve better that the shitshower of poor grade politicians who are supposed to represent us.
    It is expected that May will submit her useless deal for a third time. Surely this is an abuse of Gov't power?
    Your probably right but desperate times Albert , desperate times .

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    9,405
    Thanks
    1,600
    Thanked 1,267 Times in 1,035 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    I'm pretty sure the EU will grant extension.
    I woundnlt be too sure, all 27 have to and some are pretty pissed off with this
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

    Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9,419
    Thanks
    1,761
    Thanked 1,612 Times in 1,164 Posts
    I've been on the phone to Pedro Sanchez, he said as his government is toast soon, he'll veto any extension.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Barry For This Useful Post:

    johnofgwent (17-03-2019)

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    963
    Thanks
    197
    Thanked 61 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    I woundnlt be too sure, all 27 have to and some are pretty pissed off with this
    Of course, nothing is definite. To be fair, I have (so far) correctly predicted every turn of this affair.
    17,410,743 people said LEAVE!

Similar Threads

  1. Bercow's 'regret' at ministers' handling of Brexit vote delay
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-12-2018, 06:59 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2017, 07:30 PM
  3. David Miliband confirms departure
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-03-2013, 08:40 AM
  4. Labour loses fuel rise delay vote
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2012, 10:40 PM
  5. Boundary vote delay 'indefinite'
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 02:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •