Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The day democracy died

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Findeton View Post
    You say that, but that's your opinion. I think they're doing a very fine job at representing the people.

In a democracy, the people get the politicians they deserve.

Well, he made promises, and those promises won't be fulfilled. You can blame him for that. Also because a lot of what's happening is related to how the referendum was laid out, where one of the options had a very direct implementation and the other was too open on how to implement it.

They do represent the people. It's representative democracy. And if you think the UK is not a proper democracy maybe you've got other more pressing things to take care of than Brexit.

If you're more specific I'll be able to answer. I can't guess what you mean.
    The government in Catalonia represented the will of the people and the Spanish government committed crimes and the government in Madrid should be arrested for their actions and sent to Hague for their crimes against the Catalonian people.

I don't think you get what it means to represent the will of the people.

You disagree with Catalonia doing what the will of the people wanted. So it seems you are a hypocrite and just want what you want.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Junckrfu For This Useful Post:

Barry (14-03-2019), Nick (15-03-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Junckrfu View Post
    The government in Catalonia represented the will of the people and the Spanish government committed crimes and the government in Madrid should be arrested for their actions and sent to Hague for their crimes against the Catalonian people.

I don't think you get what it means to represent the will of the people.

You disagree with Catalonia doing what the will of the people wanted. So it seems you are a hypocrite and just want what you want.
    You talk about going on trial to The Hague, but trials are based in laws, not on a Brexiteer's imagination.

Anyway, are you going to make a comparison with the nazis again, or just call a member of the forum stupid again?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,612 Times in 1,164 Posts
    Here's Article 62 of the Geneva Convention on Treaties which Thersa May is hoping to save her deal when it is put before parliament again:
    Article 62. FUNDAMENTAL CHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCES1. A fundamental change of circumstances which has occurred with regard to
    those existing at the time of the conclusion of a treaty, and which was not foreseen by
    the parties, may not be invoked as a ground for terminating or withdrawing from the
    treaty unless:
    (a) The existence of those circumstances constituted an essential basis of the con
    sent of the parties to be bound by the treaty; and
    (b) The effect of the change is radically to transform the extent of obligations still
    to be performed under the treaty.
    2. A fundamental change of circumstances may not be invoked as a ground
    for terminating or withdrawing from a treaty:
    (a) If the treaty establishes a boundary; or
    (b) If the fundamental change is the result of a breach by the party invoking it
    either of an obligation under the treaty or of any other international obligation
    owed to any other party to the treaty.
    3. If, under the foregoing paragraphs, a party may invoke a fundamental
    change of circumstances as a ground for terminating or withdrawing from a treaty it
    may also invoke the change as a ground for suspending the operation of the treaty.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Here's Article 62 of the Geneva Convention on Treaties which Thersa May is hoping to save her deal when it is put before parliament again:
    It's a curious thing that the English are at the same time accusing the EU of wanting to abuse the still unsigned treaty to keep the UK in the EU, and at the same time seeking a way not to respect the still unsigned treaty. Then they talk about how can they trust the EU.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Findeton For This Useful Post:

uganda (16-03-2019)

Thanks
    It's a curious thing that the English are at the same time accusing the EU of wanting to abuse the still unsigned treaty to keep the UK in the EU, and at the same time seeking a way not to respect the still unsigned treaty. Then they talk about how can they trust the EU.
    Like I alluded to before but you pretended you didn’t understand.
    Your whole view is based around the unification of Ireland.
    I can explain it to you, but I canít understand it for you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Like I alluded to before but you pretended you didn’t understand.
    Your whole view is based around the unification of Ireland.
    Why would you say such a thing? I mean, I don't have anything against Ireland, but I've only been there once, and it was quite a short visit, so obviously "my whole view" is not based around the unification of Ireland.

Thanks
    Why would you say such a thing? I mean, I don't have anything against Ireland, but I've only been there once, and it was quite a short visit, so obviously "my whole view" is not based around the unification of Ireland.
    OK, if I mis-judged your position I apologise. But that is certainly the way it comes across.
    What is your location as you don’t show one in your profile?

Thanks
    OK, if I mis-judged your position I apologise. But that is certainly the way it comes across.
    What is your location as you don’t show one in your profile?
    Clearly my location is the centre of the universe, Einstein tells me.

Thanks
    Clearly my location is the centre of the universe, Einstein tells me.
    OK, you are clearly in the insignificant zone so I won’t bother engaging with you anymore.

Thanks
    OK, you are clearly in the insignificant zone so I won’t bother engaging with you anymore.
    Obviously wherever I am, you'd disregard my opinion just because it doesn't agree with you. That's why you did an ad-hominem attack.

But you had to do the ad-hominem twice, and still failed. I'm in the Perfidious Albion.