Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Blair

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
    The masters of the universe protect him always,even though they lied about everything and he carried it through.
    Isn't that the way of all politicians?

Thanks
    OP

Take it easy on the man - for him to know, as he surely does, that he's one of the most despised men on this planet, but to voluntarily keep popping up into the public gaze like the proverbial bad penny, he must have a serious problem 'upstairs'. There can be no other reason?
    The EU has failed as an entity. It has undermined democracy, it has wrecked prosperity, and above all it is currently engaged in destroying the very cultures of its individual members

A special message for Mrs May: "You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go".

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by boggart View Post
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...xit-former-pm/

I guess this sums up the situation very nicely. While he is no longer in mainstream UK politics, but just lining his pockets from having been PM, I do find his interference to be somewhat insidious, to say the least.

On the one hand, he is perfectly within his rights to push his own interests and agenda. But on the other, to deliberately undermine the office of PM (and by extension, the country), which he himself held, is wholly unacceptable.
    When the current PM is determined to harm this country by pushing through her deal or leaving with no deal then I don't see why his actions are unnacceptable. Arguably he's using his influence to protect UK interests from leave supporters.

Fear not. Theresa May will be lining her pockets too when she's no longer PM, assuming anyone wants a failed and useless PM to give talks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 1,156 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukhari View Post
    When the current PM is determined to harm this country by pushing through her deal or leaving with no deal then I don't see why his actions are unnacceptable. Arguably he's using his influence to protect UK interests from leave supporters.

Fear not. Theresa May will be lining her pockets too when she's no longer PM, assuming anyone wants a failed and useless PM to give talks.
    Could you have done a better job?
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I could have done a better job - I'd have called their bluff, instead of grovelling to them every 5 effing minutes with a begging bowl. They'd need us far more than we need them.
    The EU has failed as an entity. It has undermined democracy, it has wrecked prosperity, and above all it is currently engaged in destroying the very cultures of its individual members

A special message for Mrs May: "You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go".

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cerberus View Post
    I could have done a better job - I'd have called their bluff, instead of grovelling to them every 5 effing minutes with a begging bowl. They'd need us far more than we need them.
    You talk about bluffs, but do you have "red lines"? How would you like it if someone called your red lines bluffs?

No single person can convince the EU to stop caring about the European Single Market or about its members (like Ireland), thus it's not a bluff.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Findeton View Post
    You talk about bluffs, but do you have "red lines"? How would you like it if someone called your red lines bluffs?

No single person can convince the EU to stop caring about the European Single Market or about its members (like Ireland), thus it's not a bluff.
    See, you're doing exactly what May has done - unnecessarily complicated it, and that's why it has all gone wrong: all that was needed is 'We're out of here on 29th March by the will of the British people, so what're you gonna do about it?' They'd have all shrunk back in horror at the very thought. As it is she's given them the upper hand, and they using it ruthlessly. They think 'Those stupid Rosbifs are even more stupid than we thought!'

Thanks
    See, you're doing exactly what May has done - unnecessarily complicated it, and that's why it has all gone wrong: all that was needed is 'We're out of here on 29th March by the will of the British people, so what're you gonna do about it?' They'd have all shrunk back in horror at the very thought. As it is she's given them the upper hand, and they using it ruthlessly. They think 'Those stupid Rosbifs are even more stupid than we thought!'
    It's your attitude that has the UK where it is today, talk of the EU needing the UK more than the other way around, you sound like a 12 yr old schoolboy.
    Dont you get it, the EU and UK need each other. Our trade, economies, services are intertwined. You cant unravel that in 2yrs.
    You can ignore the expert opinion, but the UK trades 80% with the EU/EU trade deals. The EU trades 7% with the UK. You tell me who might get most damaged there. But it's not about that and taking a stance like T May did with her 4 red lines and saying the EU will blink first was very childish, she'll go down in history as the worst PM ever, the woman that broke the UK.

Thanks
    You seem to be unable to present any logical argument, and yet, you believe you'd do a good you at negotiating international treaties.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    So if a plane crashed due to an incompetent pilot that would be fine if their critics also don't know how to fly a plane? Bizarre logic.

The bottom line is she voluntarily took on the job and choose to run with Brexit despite it being a bad idea and being fully aware of this based on her speaches during the referendum campaign.