Thread: Hartlepool and how the EU ruined it

Thanks

Hartlepool and how the EU ruined it

As you might know, 69.9% of the people in Hartlepool voted for Brexit. So my question is: What has the EU done to attract the ire of the fine people of Hartlepool?
    Subsequently, what can be done to restore Hartlepool to former glory post Brexit?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    As you might know, 69.9% of the people in Hartlepool voted for Brexit. So my question is: What has the EU done to attract the ire of the fine people of Hartlepool?
    Subsequently, what can be done to restore Hartlepool to former glory post Brexit?
    Hartlepool, former glory? What are you smoking?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    Hartlepool, former glory? What are you smoking?
    I've watched YT videos with residents and read a few articles. All of them cited people that said the city has been going downhill because of the EU.
    It's not exactly my claim.

Thanks
    I've watched YT videos with residents and read a few articles. All of them cited people that said the city has been going downhill because of the EU.
    It's not exactly my claim.
    Hartlepool has never had any glory. It is infamous for hanging a monkey because they thought it was a French spy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Having stood at the roadside looking over the foreshore, i recommend six of the battlefield tactical nukes i had a hand in building. As i pointed out, Hiroshima was safe for Obama to stand in 70 odd years after the yanks hit it... So Hartlepool should be fine to rebuild by about 2090 ...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    Having stood at the roadside looking over the foreshore, i reccomend six of the battlefield tactical nukes i had a hand in building.
    I came to a similar conclusion back in the 1970s, when I used to make deliveries to Hartlepool, when I was a "Juggernaut Pilot."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    Having stood at the roadside looking over the foreshore, i recommend six of the battlefield tactical nukes i had a hand in building. As i pointed out, Hiroshima was safe for Obama to stand in 70 odd years after the yanks hit it... So Hartlepool should be fine to rebuild by about 2090 ...
    Well if you dont like the good people of northern england , we will be more than happy to help by extending the scottish border back down to the river tees where it was in 1139 under king david , and taking the geordies wae us when we leave.

That should satisfy our territorial claim to berwick , and we also want to discuss cumbria as part of the deal.

In return , we promise to give you a good price for scottish water and energy to supply your homes , and a reasonable rental price for faslane say over a ten year period until you can build a new naval base to house americas nukes.
    "Pour l’Angleterre … il n’y a pas d’alliance qui tienne, ni de traité qui vaille, ni la vérité qui compte." Charles De Gaulle

Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh