Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: May to blame

Thanks
    Uncertainty is the worst thing,but i don't think you can just blame May for it, there are too many MPs pulling in different ways.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cassie For This Useful Post:

T00ts (15-02-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cassie View Post
    Uncertainty is the worst thing,but i don't think you can just blame May for it, there are too many MPs pulling in different ways.
    Yes and no, she is the leader. Ultimately the blame must go to the top. She negotiated the deal and it failed. Politics being played or not, its her job to unite the country.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Junckrfu View Post
    Yes and no, she is the leader. Ultimately the blame must go to the top. She negotiated the deal and it failed. Politics being played or not, its her job to unite the country.
    The arch Europhile Ollie Robbins apparently was the mastermind behind May's 'deal.....however, you are certainly correct about May being the person who should take the blame for both supporting Robbin's work, ( which doesn't deliver the referendum result), and the poor Brexit negotiations from the British aspect.....but that claim of 'uniting' the country is vastly overplayed by Remainers...because the UK being a 'divided' country is the 'Norm' state - and this is made absolutely clear at each General Election, when the UK citizenship is largely split into two factions politically.
    Democratic believers should accept the referendum result....we have HAD the 'people's vote' - so let's just get on it with it...pronto!!
    Leaving with no deal is not ideal, but it certainly isn't as catastrophic as Remainers continually claim.....unless one believes 'normality' is to be feared!!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stevlin For This Useful Post:

Barry (11-02-2019), T00ts (15-02-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cassie View Post
    Certainly true Cassie.......unfortunately, too many MPs endeavouring to obtain a result that THEY personally wish for, instead of pushing for the expressed wish of the people they are supposed to represent. As elected representatives of the 'people', I consider they are morally bound to adopt the referendum result. It goes far beyond Party politics....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stevlin For This Useful Post:

cassie (15-02-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    I wont take a lecture on a geographical name from someone like yourself who didnt know northern ireland was part of the united kingdom and had to be educated on this wee politics forum about it.
    You don't have a choice in the matter...unlike yourself, I have never pretended to be above making a mistake....so tuff, Tank Engine - you'll have to get over it.....like you have to get over the Scottish Independence referendum....AND the Brexit one too.....oh dear...never mind, you can always migrate........bye!! ;0)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevlin View Post
    Certainly true Cassie.......unfortunately, too many MPs endeavouring to obtain a result that THEY personally wish for, instead of pushing for the expressed wish of the people they are supposed to represent. As elected representatives of the 'people', I consider they are morally bound to adopt the referendum result. It goes far beyond Party politics....
    Tory MP Nick Boles is getting a hard time for trying to vote the Government down and he said he would resign form the whip if there is a no-deal. There have calls for him to be deselected. His constituency voted 2 thirds to leave the EU.

Thanks
    What is wrong with May? Is she mentally ill? Does she want to destroy the UK? She just keeps pushing on with her deal even though it keeps getting defeated. If she keeps pushing forward she is going to have a revolt.

Prime Minister May is reportedly set to compromise on demands for the Brexit deal to be renegotiated, with the UK government backing down on its requests for changes to the controversial Irish border "backstop" agreement.

Brexit secretary Stephen Barclay told the EU's chief negotiator Michel Barnier that the government is not pursuing a reopening to the withdrawal agreement, when the pair held a private meeting on Monday, according to Bloomberg.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 1,083 Posts
    What is wrong with May? Is she mentally ill? Does she want to destroy the UK? She just keeps pushing on with her deal even though it keeps getting defeated.
    Nothing is wrong with her. You are just suggesting she is mentally ill because she is not doing what you want her to do. It now seems she is biding her time to get further last minute concessions from the Obergruppenfuhrers, then she'll take that back for a meaningful vote. If that does not happen, it's no deal. There's no other options.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Nothing is wrong with her. You are just suggesting she is mentally ill because she is not doing what you want her to do. It now seems she is biding her time to get further last minute concessions from the Obergruppenfuhrers, then she'll take that back for a meaningful vote. If that does not happen, it's no deal. There's no other options.
    You have no idea what I want her to do. Also it is not about what I want her to do. Its about what parliament and the majority of the country wants her to do and what is best for the country.

If Theresa May pushes for her deal or no deal and no deal happens she will go down in history as the woman who destroyed the UK.

The ignorance of your post is the fact she is the one and her colleagues who negotiated for this deal and you ignored the report that they are not seeking concessions.

Parliament will not allow a no deal as we have already seen voted on and the EU knows it.

Thanks
    You have no idea what I want her to do. Also it is not about what I want her to do. Its about what parliament and the majority of the country wants her to do and what is best for the country.

If Theresa May pushes for her deal or no deal and no deal happens she will go down in history as the woman who destroyed the UK.

The ignorance of your post is the fact she is the one and her colleagues who negotiated for this deal and you ignored the report that they are not seeking concessions.

Parliament will not allow a no deal as we have already seen voted on and the EU knows it.
    I don't know why I'm bothering, but we had the vote, we know what the country voted for.