Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: May to blame

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevlin View Post

Thomas the Tank Engine's ignorance on display yet again.... Britannia, is a personifaction of Britain, which is an Island. Britannia is typically depicted as a female warrior complete with helmet and shield, and guess what, the Romans actually knew the Island as Britannia - and even produced coins on which such a figure appeared......I guess only in the Celtic whingers mind can an Island be killed......and Brexit will undoubtedly not do that......in fact resuming normality - i.e on a par with the vast majority of countries who manage that well enough without having to cede sovereignty, pay an annual £multi-billion tribute and join a political entity in order to access free trade, ( a feature which I believe is rather close to his heart!!), would be considered preferable.
    I wont take a lecture on a geographical name from someone like yourself who didnt know northern ireland was part of the united kingdom and had to be educated on this wee politics forum about it.
    "Pour l’Angleterre … il n’y a pas d’alliance qui tienne, ni de traité qui vaille, ni la vérité qui compte." Charles De Gaulle

Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    I wont take a lecture on a geographical name from someone like yourself who didnt know northern ireland was part of the united kingdom and had to be educated on this wee politics forum about it.
    Thomas come on, you shouldn't hold other people's ignorance against them

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Junckrfu View Post
    First off, I think we got off on the wrong foot the first time around, I like the way you think except you are Scot but hey no one is perfect
    I am born and raised in Canada and a duel EU citizen living in Europe the last 10 years and Germany 5 and just recently moved to Ireland.
    ok no problem.

we can disagree without having to fall out.

As for being scottish well its not something i like to brag about, just merely whisper it in pride!

That being said I was very much Pro EU until about two years ago when Merkel waived in all the migrants and there has been nothing but problems, rterrorist attacks ****, murder and theft. Most people are not from Syria or Afghan but come with no papers and lie about their Origin coming from Morocco, Iran, Tunisia. I saw a lot of migrants collecting the dole 3, 4 or even 5 times by using different names. Watching Merkel wave in a million migrants and most without papers so you have no idea who they are and Merkel now bullying other countries to take those immigrants because Germany is overwhelmed I have done a complete 180 on how I feel about Merkel and Brussels.
    Well there is no doubt the eu and the countries within have their faults regarding immigration , but then its something of a worldwide problem.
    Now you have my background its not really my place to say remain or leave so I focus more on what is happening now.

With May there is a maximum gains or a maximum loss that May could negotiate for. I feel May has gotten almost the worst deal out there. I didn't really want to focus on the history of the UK but more from the moment that the UK voted to leave until now what has May done for the UK to maximize its gains? I see not much. May keeps kicking the can down the street and sooner or later the street will turn into a cliff. Her leadership is a disaster or Jeremy is even worse. The UK is missing a leader and sadly there is none in sight.
    I cant comment because at the end of the day , i dont suppoort the uk and believe its should now be consigned to the dustbin of history.

Brexit may very well be the straw that broke the camels back i dont know.

The uk has real problems of which brexit is merely a fragment.

I think the state of the uk and its two main parties and leaders is merely the product of a system that has been fragmenting and poorly serving the public for years. While i understand english brexiters wanting to leave the eu , thats their choice , im not sure it will stop immigration , make england a better trading nation or lift the poorer regions of england up out of the squalor they have been in for decades.

...but good luck to them.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    ok no problem.

we can disagree without having to fall out.

As for being scottish well its not something i like to brag about, just merely whisper it in pride!

Well there is no doubt the eu and the countries within have their faults regarding immigration , but then its something of a worldwide problem.

I cant comment because at the end of the day , i dont suppoort the uk and believe its should now be consigned to the dustbin of history.

Brexit may very well be the straw that broke the camels back i dont know.

The uk has real problems of which brexit is merely a fragment.

I think the state of the uk and its two main parties and leaders is merely the product of a system that has been fragmenting and poorly serving the public for years. While i understand english brexiters wanting to leave the eu , thats their choice , im not sure it will stop immigration , make england a better trading nation or lift the poorer regions of england up out of the squalor they have been in for decades.

...but good luck to them.
    I agree with you there. The UK's time has past. Its time for Ireland no reunify and Scotland to become its own country. Britain needs to get out of NI that is for sure.

Anyone who doesn't know the History of the Brits would be mortified to find out what they did to the Irish and Scots.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,227 Times in 1,002 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    With the best will in the world she was given an impossible task mainly because those elected to parliament feel entitled that their opinions mean more than the electorate who pay their salaries etc. She has tried hard to satisfy both sides of the argument and slipped up by signing up to a hostage clause (the backstop) which effectively leaves us with no exit. The EU in their well known classic way have played on the naivety of those charged with the negotiations but even having said that all the very public arguments in the media, have given the EU boundless fodder to wrap us up in a fog of uncertainty.

To allow pro Europeans to lead the negotiations was a massive miscalculation which is still not resolved. However we all know perfectly well that Merkel will take a decision at 11.55pm on 29th March when she finally realises just how fraught her industrialists have become. At present they are listening to all the wimps trying to remove no deal, extend A50, take 2nd vote etc and are hoping that at the last minute the tide will turn. I sincerely hope that we don't do that. If the EU was such a successful project why is it failing economically so spectacularly?

As with all Ponzi schemes the only way to bolster themselves will be to get even more countries that are less economically viable than those already members, as potential cheap labour, potential markets for the luxury goods with plenty of cheap loans. All of which really only benefit those countries that are married to the global institutions.

I feel clear in my own mind that the EU regrets the loss of our membership fees rather than anything else.

Leaving the EU has become as impossible as they can make it but I have always thought that May always knew it would go to the wire. I mostly regret not her but those in parliament who have tried so hard to undermine the people of this country. They are the ones who need to find another job.
    Well, she chose to take over from the craven lying shitebag Cameron. You will of course recall his words that he would take our decision to Europe the very next day, and his decision to run off and hide under a rock when he found rather more of us wanted out than in. I dont remember anyone forced her to take the job. I'm all out of sympathy ....
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to johnofgwent For This Useful Post:

thomas (10-02-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    Well, she chose to take over from the craven lying shitebag Cameron. .
    Who appears to have gone into hiding.

Thanks
    Perhaps I'm being a bit naive here, but to be honest I think that Ms Sturgeon is absolutely hell bent on getting Scotland independence so that she can realise her ambition to become the first ever president of Scotland. They've already had kings and queens, but never a president. And if she were to lead Scotland into the EU, with banner held high, Joan of Arc would be small beer.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffu View Post
    Perhaps I'm being a bit naive here, but to be honest I think that Ms Sturgeon is absolutely hell bent on getting Scotland independence so that she can realise her ambition to become the first ever president of Scotland. .
    They said that about alec salmond too.

Thats the great thing about the snp , they can be anything to anyone depending on the snp bad story.

Personally i quite like the idea of a president juncker for us caledonian europeans.

They've already had kings and queens, but never a president
    well we still have a queen mate. You thieving morris dancing screamers nicked our monarchy as well.

The last native englishman to be king of england was that wee guy that had his eye taken out in some battle somewhere in sussex in 1066 by that french guy.

Since then its all been french scots and germans wae a dutchman thrown into the bargain.

Us europeans have been quite good at trampling down the working class english folk , so i can see why you would want rid of us.

And if she were to lead Scotland into the EU, with banner held high, Joan of Arc would be small beer.
    Ah joan of arc , now theres a heroine of mine.

Invited us scots over for a carry out and a fight wae the english at bauge , we smashed them , helped invent the scots guards regiment in the french army , then smashed the english with her scots soldiers at orleans.

The pope of the day decried , if ever you have a problem with the morris dancers , send for the jocks , they are the antidote to the english .

What a woman.

If wee nicky does lead us out of the uk into the eu , she will go down in history as one of the greats.
    "Pour l’Angleterre … il n’y a pas d’alliance qui tienne, ni de traité qui vaille, ni la vérité qui compte." Charles De Gaulle

Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

Thanks
    Thomas,
    Do you come from Glasgow or just outside of Glasgow?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Junckrfu View Post
    The thing is I agree 100% with you but what May is doing will kill the economy. She is playing politics all the while companies are leaving. I am speechless that she is handling it this way.

Companies in the UK want stability and decisions. Not instability and unknown. May's indecisiveness is killing The UK.
    Its like I nailed it. May's method is making Brexit worse.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/11/busin...xit/index.html