Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What will be the immediate benefits to the ‘common’ people come the end of March?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,084 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinset View Post
    I'm new in this forum and i do not know if there is a topic already, but apparently not.

It looks like there will be at the end of march a shortage in food, and markets like ***** have already bought stockpiles leaving the small shops into a worse situation. The problem is not that the UK will run out of food, some kind of food will be missing but eventually the shortage should end by June or the end of the year.

Problems with jobs, apparently companies such Nissan are stopping their investment, leaving those who were meant to get a job now jobless.

On the health care, the "european health insurance card" might not be valid anymore the very same day.

Those workers who everyday fly from UK and EU, and EU and UK, might need to a TSA and not anymore the "dedicated line for the EU citizens".

The same might apply to trucks that transport commercial goods to trade.

What other immediately impacts in the daily life of a common citizens the brexit might have at the end of march? Thanks.
    As usual with the many posters we have trying to frighten us away from leaving the EU. English is not you first language*, so I immediately call into question your motivations.
    * See highlighted, I'm not being snarky about typos. These are mis-constructed sentences because English is not your mother tongue.
    So, what is your motivation in posting this thread? Please be honest.

P.S. I'm not frightened of leaving.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,084 Posts
    Why the title of my post was changed lol, i did not say "benefits", i said "changes" in the daily life of the common people, those who wake up everyday and go to work, in easy words what will i find at the shop tomorrow? Can i still go visit my friend on the other borders. Tell me if this is a pro-brexit forum. By changing the word in "benefits" you have mislead my topic into making it like "end of march we will have benefits". We shall see, but definitely there will be some changes as i have said.
    The forum is neutral.
    One mod is pro Brexit.
    One mod is anti Brexit.
    One mod has never declared her intention AFAIK.
    The forum administrator does not take part in the discussions.
    There are many anti and many pro Brexit views.

Thanks
    I had bad experiences with the british. Not all of them, i was in Londinium and they were very nice, but the rural areas.... Anyway i have to move in ireland and i have some friends in NI, i must be there one year to work for an EU company. These friends from Ni offered me to stay there for a few days before i get a better accommodation closer to my office, but by the recent news, it looks like things that few years ago were so easy now they are not.

I believe in the EU that put nations together, hundred years of wars never fixed anything, however i'm not so pro due to the fact they are investing too much money outside the Europe. So i'm a bit neutral too but i would prefer the EU, not here to scare you.

But listening from the daily life of the people who live in there is much more useful than listening to those politicians who are often payed to lie.

This is the reason of my questions, i just would like to know what is going on in the daily life i might enjoin before i move. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,227 Times in 1,002 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Javert View Post
    There will be some immediate effects but they will probably be short lived, and we will see gloating Brexit supporters telling us that project fear didn't happen, forgetting that most sensible experts have not predicted disastrous starvation - they merely said this might be the worst case scenario if the EU decides to basically cut the UK off as they would be legally entitled to do. In reality, this is very unlikely to happen.

This article actually describes much better what might well happen with no deal - there would be a slow death of our economy over a decade as the EU used it's market power to crush our industries one by one:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ain-industries

This article points out the fact that few of those who want to pocket the $39bn payment realise - the EU will simply get the money back another way through tariffs.

We will also see a big slowdown in factory output over the spring and summer as our industries are currently building up stock levels in case of no deal, whereas there is no underlying increase in demand. This means they will have way too much stock later in the year.
    So you do at least admit the vindictive *******s ARE in the business of putting out of business any who stand up to their imperialism.

Good. We are making progress...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    I had bad experiences with the british. Not all of them, i was in Londinium and they were very nice,.
    There are areas of "Londinium" that are no longer British, due to many decades of "white flight."
    As for rural area the "white flight" has raised the cost of housing way beyond the locals reach.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lankou For This Useful Post:

johnofgwent (10-02-2019)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    There are areas of "Londinium" that are no longer British, due to many decades of "white flight."
    As for rural area the "white flight" has raised the cost of housing way beyond the locals reach.
    Londinium wasn't terribly british, having been created by Roman Invaders. It was re-taken by the british, and when my grandfather's generation defended it from the Nazis, with the help of his work on radar, and when my father's generation defended it from the Russians witht he help of his nukes, and when I in turn took over where both grandad and dad left off, there was indeed still a quintessentially british feel to the place.

Nowadays, the only place i feel remotely resembles the country my over the horizon radar and ground to air missiles and battlefield nukes were built to keep british (which I was proud to help develop just as my father had been in his turn) is a little village to the west of a massive airbase called Fairford. It sits, Brigadoon-like, aspretty much al that is left of a country worth dying for. The rest is one big **** hole
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    Londinium wasn't terribly british, having been created by Roman Invaders. It was re-taken by the british, and when my grandfather's generation defended it from the Nazis, with the help of his work on radar, and when my father's generation defended it from the Russians witht he help of his nukes, and when I in turn took over where both grandad and dad left off, there was indeed still a quintessentially british feel to the place.

Nowadays, the only place i feel remotely resembles the country my over the horizon radar and ground to air missiles and battlefield nukes were built to keep british (which I was proud to help develop just as my father had been in his turn) is a little village to the west of a massive airbase called Fairford. It sits, Brigadoon-like, aspretty much al that is left of a country worth dying for. The rest is one big **** hole
    Having a bad day, John?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeppityDawg View Post
    Having a bad day, John?

London is like High Wycombe, a foreign country. When you got to either you wonder how you missed the border control post.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post

No offence but your history is weird. Romans 2.000 years ago and nazi less than 100 years ago and they lasted 9 years about.

The Romans were not invader, and there were no british. The Romans were conquerors, they have created Britannia, that's the name the island was given by the Romans, and they have created Londinium. The british, comes from the roman word Britannia."Britain" comes from Latin: Britannia~Brittania. It was not retaken by the british because the british were the Romans mixed with the celts.

They were not invaders but conquerors, is proven by the fact you still see in there infrastructures such as roads and aqueducts.

The invader are those who get in a country, keep the people poor, and destroy everything, those in your case were the saxons.

The conquerors, are those who conquest a land, start to build infrastructure, put a law system, share technologies, and stop all the in going on wars. Back in the days slavery was happening, when did the Romans enslaves those who were living there? There was a rebellion, not a good idea, i wonder why a statue was dedicated, but none of my business, we have the statues of the Caesars where we live.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    No offence but your history is weird. Romans 2.000 years ago and nazi less than 100 years ago and they lasted 9 years about.

The Romans were not invader, and there were no british. The Romans were conquerors, they have created Britannia, that's the name the island was given by the Romans, and they have created Londinium. The british, comes from the roman word Britannia."Britain" comes from Latin: Britannia~Brittania. It was not retaken by the british because the british were the Romans mixed with the celts.

They were not invaders but conquerors, is proven by the fact you still see in there infrastructures such as roads and aqueducts.

The invader are those who get in a country, keep the people poor, and destroy everything, those in your case were the saxons.

The conquerors, are those who conquest a land, start to build infrastructure, put a law system, share technologies, and stop all the in going on wars. Back in the days slavery was happening, when did the Romans enslaves those who were living there? There was a rebellion, not a good idea, i wonder why a statue was dedicated, but none of my business, we have the statues of the Caesars where we live.
    Now whose history is off piste ?

You need to research the murdrum amercement if You really want to discover who created the artof keeping the people poor ...

but I'm still not really any wiser about who "The common people" are. Given that every one except the geriatrics in the house of lords, parliamentarians, royalty the Russian mafia, media barons and footballers have to work or end up in a gutter, the term "working class" is meaningless these days and there has not been any commonality between two next door neighbours on any British town - except perhaps in its islamic enclaves - soncecabout 1985...
    --