Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 525

Thread: What will be the immediate benefits to the ‘common’ people come the end of March?

  1. #331
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    179
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    Precisely. That goes for Germany as well.
    Niemals annehmen...

  2. #332
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,712
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 286 Times in 211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnda View Post
    If you don't speak the language, don't expect to get (decent) job. It is a question of common sense.
    Funny though....I employed a Hungarian person, and their "partner" couldn't speak English. The only job that could be taken up was working poor hours as a dish cleaner in a kitchen where the chef was also Hungarian. Funny bit was that they whinged about it and thought that a better job should have been able to have been gotten. I did point out the language issue, and this was begrudgingly accepted. Actually, the dish cleaning became too tiresome, so was swapped over for car washing run by a gang of Hungarians as well.
    Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.

  3. #333
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    391
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 68 Times in 50 Posts
    Wrong thread

  4. #334
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    179
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
    Wondering when some real discussion will happen here.

    Try to remember kids;

    When you assume, you make an ass out of you and me...

  5. #335
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,712
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 286 Times in 211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Passerby View Post
    I speak French great thanks.

    Ferme la bouche!

    Now that's out of the way, do you have any other incorrect assumptions?
    I went to live and work in EEC/EU without speaking the language more than the very basics, but taught myself French well enough to get girlfriends etc. When I took the Mrs to Brugges for a weekend away (which I would recommend) went into a shop and was asked what part of France I came from!

    Quote Originally Posted by Passerby View Post
    I have IT qualifications that I earned whilst working 12 hour shifts. Sadly, globalism likes paying a man from Chennai £2k a year. Wait until automation really hits. I'll admit that a small part of me will enjoy your squeals
    That is true, and the person who works for £2k in this country seemingly only has to be able to grunt rather than speak English. I seem to have many delivery drivers from Eastern Europe who can't speak English and just grunt, nod, smile inanely, etc etc
    Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.

  6. #336
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Answer me this if you will. Bearing in mind you’re retired, what PERSONALLY do you think you will lose by the UK leaving the EU? Please keep it realistic if you don’t mind.
    Losing all my European rights, including the right to live where I want in the EU.... losing all the rights of being a member of EASA, having an EU-issued EASA licence and owning a G-registered EASA aircraft... losing my pre-Brexit country (now becoming insular and inward-looking and attempting to cut itself off from its own geographic and cultural fellow citizens with whom we share our civilization).

    Now, briefly, I expect from you your statement about what you personally will gain from leaving the EU

    Please note that I have given facts not hopes or vague hypotheses. I will not respond to insults

  7. #337
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    872
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked 115 Times in 85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnda View Post
    Losing all my European rights, including the right to live where I want in the EU.... losing all the rights of being a member of EASA, having an EU-issued EASA licence and owning a G-registered EASA aircraft... losing my pre-Brexit country (now becoming insular and inward-looking and attempting to cut itself off from its own geographic and cultural fellow citizens with whom we share our civilization).

    Now, briefly, I expect from you your statement about what you personally will gain from leaving the EU

    Please note that I have given facts not hopes or vague hypotheses. I will not respond to insults
    Clearly your EU rights will go, that’s what the vote was about so you can’t really use that.

    I’ve just been on the EASA website and they have representation in China, USA and Indonesia as well as the EU so this not solely an EU organisation, therefore you will not lose your rights with them.

    You our are not losing your country either, it is simply removing it’s EU shackles.

    Also there is nothing stopping you going and living in any other EU country. The process will just be different.


    What I / we will gain, and these are facts BTW.

    We will have the right to choose whether to allow any one of the million unknowns that Merekel just let into the EU. You know, the ones raping the girls on NYE and taking the government to court to try and ban Octoberfest.

    We will get back the right to make our own laws, deport the likes of Abu Hamza and not take 12 years of fighting the ECJ to do so.

    Protect our fishing water. Like you I have a hobby, not flying but fishing. I have my own small fishing boat and I see Spanish / Dutch pair trawlers, that’s 2 boats with a net up to 2Km wide being dragged around inside the 12 mile limit. If the fisheries agents show up they just drop the net and scarper in opposite directions. I used to catch Mackerell 10 or 12 inches long. Now it’s just 5 or 6 inch long Joey’s that manage to squeeze through the nets. Do you know only 6% of all Cod caught in UK waters ends up on UK dinner tables. We are having our waters raped by the EU.

    We will now not be forced to be ever closer to the EU, no EU army, no EU super state. I don’t want to be a member of the USE, i’d rather become the 51st state of America. BTW, my 16 year old son has a US and UK passport as he was born there when we lived in the USA, amongst other countries.

    We get to have direct trade agreements with some of our old trading partners, some who we **** on from a great height when Major dragged us into the EU. I don’t remember us getting a say on that, just John Major threatening his whole cabinet, none of whom wanted to sign the treaty, with desolating parliament. You talk about democracy !!

    Just a start.
    I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you.

  8. #338
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Clearly your EU rights will go, that’s what the vote was about so you can’t really use that.
    Of course I can! That is my main reason. I am a European citizen and I have a lot of rights. I will not go into the details. You know what they are. Brexiters want to take all these rights away from me, and more importantly, our young generation who will have a very limited future.

    I’ve just been on the EASA website and they have representation in China, USA and Indonesia as well as the EU so this not solely an EU organisation, therefore you will not lose your rights with them.
    Iam sorry to say that you just don't know what you are talking about (don't take it badly). You can ask anyone involved with aviation... go and ask the CAA if you like. Just two facts for you. I have just made an appointment with my aeromedical doctor. When I phoned him to do so, he said "you do kow, John, don't you that this will be the last time EVER I will be able to do your medical". He is an EASA doctor and I am an EASA pilot flying an EASA aircraft. It all works up to now, but not after Brexit! Second example. UK Commercial pilots, in droves, are applying for, for example, Irish or Austrian licences as these licences are non-UK EASA licences. If they do this after Brexit, they may have to take ALL their exams again (and there are a lot of them!).

    You our are not losing your country either, it is simply removing it’s EU shackles.
    I am losing the happy prosperous country I moved back to 9 years ago. Now half the population hates the other half and we will be ruined and cut off from our neighbours! It is not the country I moved back to and I regret bitterly doing so.

    Also there is nothing stopping you going and living in any other EU country.
    I have gone into this before. You are very wrong. I would have no automatic rights of any sort. I have lived there before we were in the EU, and after we joined the EU. I know the difference and I know the rules.

    What I / we will gain, and these are facts BTW.

    We will have the right to choose whether to allow any one of the million unknowns that Merekel just let into the EU. You know, the ones raping the girls on NYE and taking the government to court to try and ban Octoberfest.
    As we are not in Shengen, your argument is not valid. We have a border now. In any case we are even incapable of catching dingies landing on the South East Kent coast. We are so poor, we can't even patrol to coast properly, nor do we have the boats.

    We will get back the right to make our own laws
    We already do.
    deport the likes of Abu Hamza and not take 12 years of fighting the ECJ to do so.
    Deportation laws are complicated and such details cannot be discussed here, but let's say, it is a debatable detail.

    Protect our fishing water. Like you I have a hobby, not flying but fishing. I have my own small fishing boat and I see Spanish / Dutch pair trawlers, that’s 2 boats with a net up to 2Km wide being dragged around inside the 12 mile limit. If the fisheries agents show up they just drop the net and scarper in opposite directions. I used to catch Mackerell 10 or 12 inches long. Now it’s just 5 or 6 inch long Joey’s that manage to squeeze through the nets. Do you know only 6% of all Cod caught in UK waters ends up on UK dinner tables. We are having our waters raped by the EU
    .
    Another complicated topic -- too complicated for here. However our problems arise more from the cod-wars than the EU and from the fact that we don't even like most of the fish caught here. We buy it in, and export what we catch. Also we allow cther EU countries to use our waters, even under our flag... IOW we have "sold" our rights. Being protectionistis about our waters would only result in retaliation actions and we would not be able to sell our fish to the EU and, contrary to commom belief, we actually export the majority of our catch to the EU. What would we do with our catch? We would be the losers.

    We will now not be forced to be ever closer to the EU, no EU army, no EU super state.
    The EU super-state does not exist and probably never will.

    We get to have direct trade agreements with some of our old trading partners,
    We already trade with them. Do you really think that we would be more attractive to third countries than the prospect of a market of 500 million people?

  9. #339
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,499
    Thanks
    972
    Thanked 749 Times in 623 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnda View Post
    Losing all my European rights, including the right to live where I want in the EU.... losing all the rights of being a member of EASA, having an EU-issued EASA licence and owning a G-registered EASA aircraft... losing my pre-Brexit country (now becoming insular and inward-looking and attempting to cut itself off from its own geographic and cultural fellow citizens with whom we share our civilization).

    Now, briefly, I expect from you your statement about what you personally will gain from leaving the EU
    Well, I have to say that I will have a good laugh at your discomfort and that has to be worth something

  10. #340
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post
    Well, I have to say that I will have a good laugh at your discomfort and that has to be worth something
    Such hatred! Not surprising though.

Similar Threads

  1. People's Vote March 20th October London
    By Javert in forum Brexit
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 24-10-2018, 12:58 PM
  2. People on Benefits
    By Know it in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 176
    Last Post: 22-08-2018, 06:54 PM
  3. People's March June 23rd Parliament Square
    By Andrew in forum Brexit
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 28-06-2018, 01:29 PM
  4. Do the common people still live in Sherwood forest?
    By Lawfully in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 14-03-2018, 07:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •