Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 52 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 525

Thread: What will be the immediate benefits to the ‘common’ people come the end of March?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    391
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 69 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    We'll be bombarded by those convinced that we should re-join. It will be promoted that to think otherwise is no longer PC and those mistakenly believing that Labour is somehow pro-EU will have naively voted them into Government and will cheer while they proceed to spend any money we have.
    Oh god, Bre-entry is coming.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to cassie For This Useful Post:

    T00ts (09-02-2019)

  3. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    446
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Blue passports. Those are the only long term benefits for the common people as well.

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,467
    Thanks
    326
    Thanked 401 Times in 346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Blue passports. Those are the only long term benefits for the common people as well.

    What use will they be in the way of a benefit?

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    446
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    What use will they be in the way of a benefit?
    They will evoke nationalistic feelings. It's a common way of satisfying the lower classes throughout human history.

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    446
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Well there might be a few shortages, but nothing too serious. A few might lose their jobs when/if their companies relocate to the EU and/or Asia. The problems will come when it's time for the dividend to be paid and it becomes clear there is none.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,769
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 212 Times in 178 Posts
    Apparently there will be a shortage of rubber gloves at Heathrow so I will suffer less poking and prodding when I go through security.

    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...rexit-searches

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,769
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 212 Times in 178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Javert View Post
    This article actually describes much better what might well happen with no deal - there would be a slow death of our economy over a decade as the EU used it's market power to crush our industries one by one:

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ain-industries

    Tom Kibasi doesnt even understand how the balance of payments work so I wouldn't put too much credibility on that spiel..

    Also he seems to be of the opinion that the Uk stopped manufcaturing things during teh Thatcher administration when nothing could be further from the truth - manufacturing output in now far higher than it was then.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,467
    Thanks
    326
    Thanked 401 Times in 346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    They will evoke nationalistic feelings. It's a common way of satisfying the lower classes throughout human history.
    It might evoke nationalist feelings and mark the holder as a target when abroad.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Apparently there will be a shortage of rubber gloves at Heathrow so I will suffer less poking and prodding when I go through security.

    They can always use a fibre optics camera.

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    210
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Why the title of my post was changed lol, i did not say "benefits", i said "changes" in the daily life of the common people, those who wake up everyday and go to work, in easy words what will i find at the shop tomorrow? Can i still go visit my friend on the other borders. Tell me if this is a pro-brexit forum. By changing the word in "benefits" you have mislead my topic into making it like "end of march we will have benefits". We shall see, but definitely there will be some changes as i have said.

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Leaving the EUSSR
    Posts
    9,779
    Thanks
    2,219
    Thanked 2,032 Times in 1,579 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinset View Post
    Why the title of my post was changed lol, i did not say "benefits", i said "changes" in the daily life of the common people, those who wake up everyday and go to work, in easy words what will i find at the shop tomorrow? Can i still go visit my friend on the other borders. Tell me if this is a pro-brexit forum. By changing the word in "benefits" you have mislead my topic into making it like "end of march we will have benefits". We shall see, but definitely there will be some changes as i have said.
    It was mmerged with an existing thread along the same lines
    To paraphase one of our last great political leaders Winston Spencer Churchill "Never in the field of British politics and Brexit was so much expected by so many of so few......only to be bitterly disappointed"

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to cromwell For This Useful Post:

    Phantom (09-02-2019)

Similar Threads

  1. People's Vote March 20th October London
    By Javert in forum Brexit
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 24-10-2018, 12:58 PM
  2. People on Benefits
    By Know it in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 176
    Last Post: 22-08-2018, 06:54 PM
  3. People's March June 23rd Parliament Square
    By Andrew in forum Brexit
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 28-06-2018, 01:29 PM
  4. Do the common people still live in Sherwood forest?
    By Lawfully in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 14-03-2018, 07:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •