Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 52 ... LastLast

Thread: What will be the immediate benefits to the ‘common’ people come the end of March?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    We'll be bombarded by those convinced that we should re-join. It will be promoted that to think otherwise is no longer PC and those mistakenly believing that Labour is somehow pro-EU will have naively voted them into Government and will cheer while they proceed to spend any money we have.
    Oh god, Bre-entry is coming.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cassie For This Useful Post:

T00ts (09-02-2019)

Thanks
    Blue passports. Those are the only long term benefits for the common people as well.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Blue passports. Those are the only long term benefits for the common people as well.

What use will they be in the way of a benefit?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    What use will they be in the way of a benefit?
    They will evoke nationalistic feelings. It's a common way of satisfying the lower classes throughout human history.

Thanks
    Well there might be a few shortages, but nothing too serious. A few might lose their jobs when/if their companies relocate to the EU and/or Asia. The problems will come when it's time for the dividend to be paid and it becomes clear there is none.

Thanks
    Apparently there will be a shortage of rubber gloves at Heathrow so I will suffer less poking and prodding when I go through security.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...rexit-searches

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Javert View Post
    This article actually describes much better what might well happen with no deal - there would be a slow death of our economy over a decade as the EU used it's market power to crush our industries one by one:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ain-industries

Tom Kibasi doesnt even understand how the balance of payments work so I wouldn't put too much credibility on that spiel..

Also he seems to be of the opinion that the Uk stopped manufcaturing things during teh Thatcher administration when nothing could be further from the truth - manufacturing output in now far higher than it was then.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    They will evoke nationalistic feelings. It's a common way of satisfying the lower classes throughout human history.
    It might evoke nationalist feelings and mark the holder as a target when abroad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Apparently there will be a shortage of rubber gloves at Heathrow so I will suffer less poking and prodding when I go through security.

They can always use a fibre optics camera.

Thanks
    Why the title of my post was changed lol, i did not say "benefits", i said "changes" in the daily life of the common people, those who wake up everyday and go to work, in easy words what will i find at the shop tomorrow? Can i still go visit my friend on the other borders. Tell me if this is a pro-brexit forum. By changing the word in "benefits" you have mislead my topic into making it like "end of march we will have benefits". We shall see, but definitely there will be some changes as i have said.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinset View Post
    Why the title of my post was changed lol, i did not say "benefits", i said "changes" in the daily life of the common people, those who wake up everyday and go to work, in easy words what will i find at the shop tomorrow? Can i still go visit my friend on the other borders. Tell me if this is a pro-brexit forum. By changing the word in "benefits" you have mislead my topic into making it like "end of march we will have benefits". We shall see, but definitely there will be some changes as i have said.
    It was mmerged with an existing thread along the same lines
    The new parliamentary democracy,it's not the will of the people that counts but the will of 650......will come back to haunt them.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cromwell For This Useful Post:

Phantom (09-02-2019)