Page 27 of 53 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 522

Thread: What will be the immediate benefits to the ‘common’ people come the end of March?

  1. #261
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    At last we agree.
    Things will change... That’s what we voted for, change.
    Blue passport without the EU symbol. Can’t wait.

    I roughly take around 106 flights per year. USA, China, South America etc. Standing in the queue for an extra 20 minutes does not bother me one iota.

    I am currently working in Genoa with my Italian colleagues and they are so jealous that the UK is leaving the EU and want a vote them selves.
    Some Italians are a bit like that, they too have been under an anti immigration propaganda, and for the Italians the euro currency has created more problems than anybody else. At the end of the day nobody will do anything, the immigrants are tutelated by the human rights, and the human rights are tutelated by the army. Regards.

  2. #262
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Heart of England
    Posts
    8,928
    Thanks
    1,630
    Thanked 1,453 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnda View Post
    An absolute shambles. The EU, although requiring the unity of 27 countries, has been consistant. We still, even now at "death's door" don't know what we want and spend our time "negociating" among ourselves and then expecting the absent EU negociators to agree. Why should they. They hve been clear from the outset. We have not.

    Parliment is deadlocked. The only solution it to take it to the people, don't you agree? Anyway, your reasoned argument would be appreciated.
    Spanish people spell negotiate with a "c". Interesting that.
    Did you know that we all have one vote each in the United Kingdom? It is optional to vote or not, but those that did voted to leave.
    Some people want to bully us into remaining, as it is all about the money. We Brits don't react to bullying. Over in Spain they are having a problem with political bullying, how is that going?

  3. #263
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,328
    Thanks
    317
    Thanked 393 Times in 341 Posts
    Going back on topic, I can think of NO immediate benefits for the common people.

  4. #264
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    265
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 30 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    Going back on topic, I can think of NO immediate benefits for the common people.

    Its why I posted the article....They are still negotiating the deal so how can it be determined already?

  5. #265
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junckrfu View Post
    So politics instead of looking out for whats best for the people? If that is the cast its disgusting.
    Sadly, it is all about party politics instead of the good of the country. Very few people seem concerned with the good of the country and the same goes for a lot of posts here.

    The good of the country can easily be gauged from the past performance

    Have we prospered in the EU? Yes we have
    Is life genelly better for our citizens? Yes it is
    Do we have the best available deal at the moment? Yes we do.

  6. #266
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    392
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    Going back on topic, I can think of NO immediate benefits for the common people.
    Blue is my favourite colour.

  7. #267
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,328
    Thanks
    317
    Thanked 393 Times in 341 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Blue is my favourite colour.

    What has that got to do with the topic?

  8. #268
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    392
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    What has that got to do with the topic?
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/89...igel-Farage-UK

  9. #269
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    265
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 30 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnda View Post
    Sadly, it is all about party politics instead of the good of the country. Very few people seem concerned with the good of the country and the same goes for a lot of posts here.

    The good of the country can easily be gauged from the past performance

    Have we prospered in the EU? Yes we have
    Is life genelly better for our citizens? Yes it is
    Do we have the best available deal at the moment? Yes we do.
    I agree with you completely but we are past that point....

    I will try to speculate....

    In theory wages should increase due to a smaller labour pool to draw from. That being said if there is a recession then wages will go down due to unemployent.

  10. #270
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Spanish people spell negotiate with a "c". Interesting that.
    Did you know that we all have one vote each in the United Kingdom? It is optional to vote or not, but those that did voted to leave.
    Some people want to bully us into remaining, as it is all about the money. We Brits don't react to bullying. Over in Spain they are having a problem with political bullying, how is that going?
    More emotions Barry!

    You feel "offended" and "bullied"! Is that emotion worth leading the country to its demise?

    What people voted for nearly 3 years ago is largely irrelevant now. What people vote for now IS relevant now. God help us if they vote with emotions and not objective common sense, but so be it.

Similar Threads

  1. People's Vote March 20th October London
    By Javert in forum Brexit
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 24-10-2018, 12:58 PM
  2. People on Benefits
    By Know it in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 176
    Last Post: 22-08-2018, 06:54 PM
  3. People's March June 23rd Parliament Square
    By Andrew in forum Brexit
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 28-06-2018, 01:29 PM
  4. Do the common people still live in Sherwood forest?
    By Lawfully in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 14-03-2018, 07:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •