Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: What will be the immediate benefits to the common people come the end of March?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cassie View Post
    Didn't they all have to vote again if they voted against it until they got the 'right' result?
    The right result for a nation is indeed not "self-harm".

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinset View Post
    The UK govern did sign the maastricht treaty and lisbon treaty, making you EU. You passport says EU. Even if you are not a fully members, for example you did not adopt the euro and you are not part of the schengen area, still you are EU, and not just a trader. Worry not end of march things will change.
    At last we agree.
    Things will change... Thats what we voted for, change.
    Blue passport without the EU symbol. Cant wait.

I roughly take around 106 flights per year. USA, China, South America etc. Standing in the queue for an extra 20 minutes does not bother me one iota.

I am currently working in Genoa with my Italian colleagues and they are so jealous that the UK is leaving the EU and want a vote them selves.
    I can explain it to you, but I cant understand it for you.

Thanks
    May considering concessions to the labour party

Labour party wants protection for workers rights and remain in the customs union.

Does that mean staying in the single market?

Labour party wants frictionless trade but the EU said it can't have it unless it stays in the single market.

Can someone translate? What is the labour party asking for?

https://www.ft.com/content/2c088e3e-...0-0251022932c8

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Junckrfu View Post

Labour party wants protection for workers rights and remain in the customs union.

Labour party wants frictionless trade but the EU said it can't have it unless it stays in the single market.

They are deliberately asking for things they know they can’t get. They are trying to show the electorate that the Conservatives are not willing to budge in order to force a GE. Not going to happen.
    I can explain it to you, but I cant understand it for you.

Thanks

No Brexit or a General Election.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    They are deliberately asking for things they know they can’t get. They are trying to show the electorate that the Conservatives are not willing to budge in order to force a GE. Not going to happen.
    You're right in that. The letter is designed to make the Tories look bad.

Thanks

The Tories need no assistance to look bad.

Thanks
    No Brexit or a General Election.

- - - Updated - - -

So politics instead of looking out for whats best for the people? If that is the cast its disgusting.

Thanks
    So politics instead of looking out for whats best for the people? If that is the cast its disgusting.
    I couldn't actually read that link as I had to subscribe, but Corbyn is all about the politics. There are some good Labour Politicians so I won't say Labour is all about the politics.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 1,083 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnda View Post
    Brexiters' constant red herrings and excuses to avoid discussing FACTS

I don't care what emotions you have. If you have no facts to discuss, you can go back to wherever you came from, and even if you are a long-standing member, emotions have no place in a discussion forum.
    Really? If I want to air my emotions on this forum, I will. One of my emotions at the moment is anger that our elected representatives are still ignoring our decision after nearly 3 years of prevaricating.

Thanks
    I couldn't actually read that link as I had to subscribe, but Corbyn is all about the politics. There are some good Labour Politicians so I won't say Labour is all about the politics.
    Theresa May has indicated her willingness to work with Labour to break the Brexit impasse, offering fresh concessions on workers’ rights and calling for further cross-party talks.In a letter to Jeremy Corbyn, the Labour leader, the prime minister suggested legislation to enforce a promise to maintain workers’ rights and environmental protections after Brexit.Mrs May also pledged a commitment to “asking parliament whether it wishes to follow suit” whenever the EU makes future changes in those areas.Those promises could help persuade some wavering Labour MPs to back the government’s Brexit deal as fears rise of a no-deal departure from the EU.But Eurosceptic Conservative MPs are likely to see the letter as an attempt to bounce them into backing Mrs May’s withdrawal agreement for fear of an even “softer” cross-party Brexit.Mr Corbyn wrote to the prime minister last week setting five conditions for Labour to support a cross-party deal, including a permanent customs union to deliver “frictionless” trade.Donald Tusk, president of the European Council, told Mrs May when she visited Brussels last week that the Labour leader’s plan offered a “promising way out” of the current deadlock.However, in her response to Mr Corbyn, Mrs May resisted calls of a full customs union, writing that it would imperil British ambitions for an independent trade policy, and that the current withdrawal agreement already provided most of the benefits of a customs union such as no tariffs.

Mrs May added that completely frictionless trade would only be possible if Britain stayed in the single market, meaning continued freedom of movement of EU citizens.Liam Fox, international trade secretary, will on Monday unveil a trade continuity agreement with Switzerland as he seeks to allay fears that Britain is struggling to roll over most of the 40 existing deals it has with third-party countries through the EU.The prime minister welcomed Mr Corbyn’s concerns about the so-called Irish backstop in the withdrawal agreement — designed to prevent a hard border in Ireland — and invited Labour to help her explore “alternative arrangements” that would satisfy both parliament and the EU. Brussels has refused to reopen the withdrawal agreement.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Junckrfu For This Useful Post:

cassie (11-02-2019)