Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Government ''manslaughter''

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Lotsov View Post
    Yes but that is slightly different. I was thinking that had you known about the working conditions then you would not have called them in the first place. I believe refusing it would have been the overall best thing to do since if everyone did that they would not be able to be rude to everyone because there would be no one there. You see I don't take it when spoken to in the way I imagine you were treated. I'd have something to say back and it would not be at all pleasant. I'm thinking of others when doing this as well. People can only carry on like that for as long as they don't get any opposition. I provide the opposition which is lacking in the meeker ones of this country.
    Life isn't like that, and it never will be. We have workers rights, but in reality governing and controlling them is close to impossible. In fact, recording them on camera isn't recognised in an employment court either. The reality is that you have three options.

1) Stand your corner and hope HR will support you (which they never will)
    2) Put up with the sh1t and keep your head down
    3) Get another job

The only other option is to leave and get what benefits you can. Of course, this isn't always as easy as you may think, unless you have children, are a lesbian with attitude, or a foreigner.
    Keep Britain British, whoops, it's too late

Thanks
    Thanked 1,227 Times in 1,002 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Know it View Post
    Blimey, "disability hate crime" that sounds like another made up snowflake term. I have absolutely nothing against people with disabilities. In fact I have feet that are riddled with arthritis, and in a few years will be in a wheelchair myself. That said, as long as I have enough money I won't be going cap in hand to the benefits office.
    And it's just as well you don't

As I pointed out elsewhere on here, I went blind waiting for a consultant to be found to do my cataract operation, for numerous reasons, butt he buiggest being the monumental utter incompetence of the prize arse holes that RUN the welsh NHS.

Having lost my job through being blind, I went to the jobcentre to seek advice on what I was entitled, having paid the best part of half a million pounds in tax and a quarter of a million in National Insurance in my working life up to that point, to claim

The bar steward who called me to hear my enquiry first told me i had to register online, and when I said I could not see to do that, he laughed.

I hope he dies of something that makes his death a slow and agonising business, and that he shares my brother's immunity to morphine

I don't wish you the same, but I do hope you get to see this chap or some of his ideological bedfellows when your time comes...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Know it View Post
    Life isn't like that, and it never will be. We have workers rights, but in reality governing and controlling them is close to impossible. In fact, recording them on camera isn't recognised in an employment court either. The reality is that you have three options.

1) Stand your corner and hope HR will support you (which they never will)
    2) Put up with the sh1t and keep your head down
    3) Get another job

The only other option is to leave and get what benefits you can. Of course, this isn't always as easy as you may think, unless you have children, are a lesbian with attitude, or a foreigner.
    I suppose if it were me then I would think of something. There's no standard solution in my book. One has to factor it all in.

By the way, just to be clear, it was those in the firm causing the bother, and not those one had to interact with as an employee who were not the company?
    Toiler on the sea