Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Question Time 7th Feb.

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    867
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked 115 Times in 85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morayloon View Post
    The fact is that you don't know what you are talking about.

    What utter bullshit. Do some research

    GB is Engand, Scotland, Wales

    1 out of 3. Could do much better!

    Perhaps you could let us all know where the idea that Britain = England & Wales came from? Can't wait for that reply.
    http://projectbritain.com/britain/britain.htm

    Don't let the facts stand in the way of your ignorance. I'm sure the flat Earth society are waiting with open arms for you and Thomas.
    I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,294
    Thanks
    1,221
    Thanked 590 Times in 514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    What ever !!
    http://projectbritain.com/britain/britain.htm

    "2. It is called great because there are two britains in north west europe , our island and the north west of France , which is known as little Britain."

    I highlighted the OUR as I didn't realise you were such a Unionist !! Also could you show me a screenshot of the Britain in France? I am eager to know where it is? BYW Britain by any other name isn't Britain!

    Dear god nick , is this the historical revision starting already to get the claim in to the name "britain" for when scotland leaves the disunited kingdom?

    Talk about an extremely loose interpretation!

    A glaswegian school wean could tell you that roman britain was never ever at any time modern england and wales. This is laughable nonsense.

    First of all england and wales wouldnt exist for more than 500 years after the romans left , secondly much of southern scotland was included at one point in the roman province of brittannia , at its greatest extent from a line of forts on the edge of the highlands , the antonine wall on the forth clyde , to the better known hadrians wall in England.

    At no point was "brittannia" modern England and wales , it either included part of scotland , or left out part of northern england .

    Also could you show me a screenshot of the Britain in France?
    Nick sometimes its like debating with a child with you , do you actually read your own links before you post them?

    Heres what your own link says


    (or "Britannia Major", to distinguish from "Britannia Minor", ie Brittany in France)
    I have good friends who live in brittany , and they often call their country "little britain" instead of saying France.

    You believe what you want nick.

    Im actually quite pleased that this is the new guff that is being sold in England , obviously the thought that scotland is going to leave is taking hold , and someone is getting the claim in early for england and wales being seen as the successor state to "britain".

    "Pour l’Angleterre … il n’y a pas d’alliance qui tienne, ni de traité qui vaille, ni la vérité qui compte." Charles De Gaulle

    Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    975
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 40 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    No i think you have it wrong nick.

    There is no such , and never has been , a country called britain.

    Neither is there a sovereign state called britain.

    Great Britain refers to the name of an island off the coast of north west europe , it is a geographical name only. Britain is merely the shortened name for it.

    The reason it is called great britain is because

    1. Britain is the latin *******isation of the p celtic name prydain.

    2. It is called great because there are two britains in north west europe , our island and the north west of France , which is known as little britain.

    So no , britain isnt and never has been England and wales.
    It's all irrelevant. The referendum wasn't a British referendum, it wasn't a Great British referendum, it was a UK referendum. As such everyone who lives in the UK should respect democracy and accept the fact we are at long last getting out. YIPPPEEE
    Keep Britain British, whoops, it's too late

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,294
    Thanks
    1,221
    Thanked 590 Times in 514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Know it View Post
    It's all irrelevant. The referendum wasn't a British referendum, it wasn't a Great British referendum, it was a UK referendum. As such everyone who lives in the UK should respect democracy and accept the fact we are at long last getting out. YIPPPEEE
    Well its not all irrelevant.

    Helping educate someone is never irrelevant. I have learned a lot on forums like this over the years too , expanding your mind is never a bad thing you should try it.

    as for this...

    The referendum wasn't a British referendum, it wasn't a Great British referendum, it was a UK referendum. As such everyone who lives in the UK should respect democracy and accept the fact we are at long last getting out. YIPPPEEE
    Gibraltar , which isnt in the uk , took part in the referendum too.

    There is no "we" by the way , and im respecting nothing.

    I will hold the door for you on your way out.
    "Pour l’Angleterre … il n’y a pas d’alliance qui tienne, ni de traité qui vaille, ni la vérité qui compte." Charles De Gaulle

    Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,923
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 201 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Know it View Post
    It's all irrelevant. The referendum wasn't a British referendum, it wasn't a Great British referendum, it was a UK referendum. As such everyone who lives in the UK should respect democracy and accept the fact we are at long last getting out. YIPPPEEE
    UKIP didn't give up in its early days because it didn't get enough MEPs elected to the EU parliament, did it? UKIP kept on and on until it had David Cameron running scared.

    I will remind you that the referendum had a very small majority in favour of leaving the EU and it was over two and a half years ago. That's history. If we're still going to leave the EU, it should only be after obtaining an up-to-date mandate from the British people.
    I dahn do non-judgement'aw. ... and put ya blinkin' shirt on mate, wiwya!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    867
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked 115 Times in 85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperduck Quack Quack View Post
    UKIP didn't give up in its early days because it didn't get enough MEPs elected to the EU parliament, did it? UKIP kept on and on until it had David Cameron running scared.

    I will remind you that the referendum had a very small majority in favour of leaving the EU and it was over two and a half years ago. That's history. If we're still going to leave the EU, it should only be after obtaining an up-to-date mandate from the British people.
    You say a small margin in favour of leave, it was roughy 1.3 million votes. That’s almost 300,000 votes more than the SNP got in the 2017 GE, they got 35 seats based on those figures.
    I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Heart of England
    Posts
    8,987
    Thanks
    1,641
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 1,079 Posts
    Don't worry, Nick, HQQ always says it was a "very small majority", or "tiny margin", it's just an attempt to delegitimise the result.
    I prefer Major Sinic's way of representing the result, that for every 1000 that voted remain, 1078 voted leave.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Barry For This Useful Post:

    Nick (12-02-2019)

Similar Threads

  1. The SNP And Question Time
    By morayloon in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 16-06-2018, 11:38 PM
  2. Watching question time!
    By Sheepy in forum Political News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 21-03-2016, 01:04 PM
  3. Question Time Panel Imbalance
    By morayloon in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 27-06-2013, 01:04 AM
  4. Question Time to go on Radio 5 live
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-03-2013, 11:19 PM
  5. Question Time 7th July 2011
    By manrow in forum Political News
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 11:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •