Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Phone charges

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,255
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 218 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boggart View Post
    Its so sad that people go away on holiday and can't actually leave their telephone behind as well. And by "leave behind", I don't mean that literally, more that they really don't need to have it stuck to their ear all the time. But hey, that's me showing my age and I actually think it a boon to not have my telephone with mean when on holiday.
    How very laudable, but try coordinating a dozen skiers and snowboarders of differing abilities across one of the largest ski areas in Europe without everyone using WhatsApp.

    It doesn't work.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    710
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 82 Times in 66 Posts
    I love 3. I travel a lot through Europe and the US. I hope their international deal doesn't change but I have a feeling it will.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,255
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 218 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junckrfu View Post
    I love 3. I travel a lot through Europe and the US. I hope their international deal doesn't change but I have a feeling it will.
    You're in luck.

    3 have committed to keeping the same conditions regardless of brexit outcome.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,139
    Thanks
    459
    Thanked 254 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beelbeeb View Post
    You're in luck.

    3 have committed to keeping the same conditions regardless of brexit outcome.
    Eveyone will switch to 3 who go abroad regularly, smart move by them.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,317
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 440 Times in 318 Posts
    Never!!

    I had 3 soon after they started, and they weer AWFUL.
    Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,139
    Thanks
    459
    Thanked 254 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beelbeeb View Post
    How very laudable, but try coordinating a dozen skiers and snowboarders of differing abilities across one of the largest ski areas in Europe without everyone using WhatsApp.

    It doesn't work.
    I'm sure they found a way before mobile phones were invented.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to cassie For This Useful Post:

    johnofgwent (07-02-2019)

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    9,636
    Thanks
    1,698
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    I went abroad for a week ladt year, before that a fortnight in 2014, before that ... 1997....

    Why should I have my country invaded to allow you cheaper calls when you insist on taking your phone abroad and using it outside of resort based Wi-Fi ...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

    Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    9,636
    Thanks
    1,698
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by beelbeeb View Post
    How very laudable, but try coordinating a dozen skiers and snowboarders of differing abilities across one of the largest ski areas in Europe without everyone using WhatsApp.

    It doesn't work.
    i dont do ski-ing.

    but from what I've seen it's a pretty disorganised affair to start with

    why do you want to herd cats ??
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

    Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    8,577
    Thanks
    1,036
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boggart View Post
    Its so sad that people go away on holiday and can't actually leave their telephone behind as well. And by "leave behind", I don't mean that literally, more that they really don't need to have it stuck to their ear all the time. But hey, that's me showing my age and I actually think it a boon to not have my telephone with mean when on holiday.
    Well said that man ,I leave mine at home .

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,979
    Thanks
    1,108
    Thanked 889 Times in 725 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by cassie View Post
    I'm sure they found a way before mobile phones were invented.
    I send postcards.

Similar Threads

  1. Two face MP phone theft charges
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-10-2013, 07:59 AM
  2. Phone charges claim on independence
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 04:49 PM
  3. More phone hacking.
    By Robin Goodfellow in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-02-2012, 12:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •