Thread: Is this new E.U Japan trade deal good for uk

Thanks

Is this new E.U Japan trade deal good for uk

its become apparent that a new trade deal berween Japan and E.U has just been completed creating a duty free zone between E.U ...how do members of this forum think this will help the UK s cause in achieving brexit..This deal has been cited by Nissan as the main reason its shifting production of new models from Sunderland to Japan.....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 776 Posts
    Well yes if they are no longer being charged export tariffs then they may as well make everything at home . Don't really see how this effects Brexit though it may effect what car we the British people ,buy in the future

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Streetwalker For This Useful Post:

cassie (04-02-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by unoino View Post
    its become apparent that a new trade deal berween Japan and E.U has just been completed creating a duty free zone between E.U ...how do members of this forum think this will help the UK s cause in achieving brexit..This deal has been cited by Nissan as the main reason its shifting production of new models from Sunderland to Japan.....
    As usual the BBC is stating that the UK will suffer as a result... More like the German car industry will take one hell of a kicking if THEY don’t get a deal with the UK.
    I can explain it to you, but I canít understand it for you.

Thanks
    I dont think it has anything to do with brexit - the deal was going to happen whether we leave or not. Obviously it will make assembling cars within the EU less attractive - but that was going to happen anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 698 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    I dont think it has anything to do with brexit - the deal was going to happen whether we leave or not. Obviously it will make assembling cars within the EU less attractive - but that was going to happen anyway.
    My understanding is that Nissan are continuing to manufacture current models in the UK with no loss of current jobs, but that it is the new X Trail which Nissan considered manufacturing in the UK but has now decided will be manufactured in Japan. The reason for this has little to do Brexit and far more to do with the fact that the X Trail will only be available as a diesel and that while diesel sales are plummeting in the West they are still considered desirable in the East. Therefore the vast majority of new X Trails will be sold in Asia. That of course raises a whole new topic for debate- another time, another title!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Sinic For This Useful Post:

T00ts (05-02-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,227 Times in 1,002 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    So you DONT think that a despotic totalitarian hegemony almost as desperate to prevent at least a handful of its current members from following us as east germany was about keeping east germans from becoming WEST germans, you SERIOUSLY do NOT think a destruction of a tariff barrier that was invented to give Renault and co a competitive advantage the only way the EuroTossers know how, you REALLY do NOT think the destruction of that tariff barrier was ANYTHING tp do with the need to kick us, the country with ***THE*** deepest deepwater ports in the EU's western coast, the place that takes in literally millions of imported vehicles for onward transit to the EU, the countty that has two main "japanese" car plants ....

You REALLY don't thin this deal has ANYTHING to do with us pissing off ???

Man, Oh Man, I have this bridge you might like to buy, my nigerian half brother can do you a sweet deal on the finance ...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,227 Times in 1,002 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    My understanding is that Nissan are continuing to manufacture current models in the UK with no loss of current jobs, but that it is the new X Trail which Nissan considered manufacturing in the UK but has now decided will be manufactured in Japan. The reason for this has little to do Brexit and far more to do with the fact that the X Trail will only be available as a diesel and that while diesel sales are plummeting in the West they are still considered desirable in the East. Therefore the vast majority of new X Trails will be sold in Asia. That of course raises a whole new topic for debate- another time, another title!
    Hi Major,

I would make two further observations

Firstly, the decision to "not" bring this here is indeed not the "job loss" scenario the British Brussels Propaganda Corporation's shysters paint it as, but it does bring a close to a carrot of quite a hefty wad of monetary investment. Although as you will see in my second point, I strongly question the truthfulness of the continued existence of that pot .... because

Secondly, I wish to reserve my particular spite and vitriol for the obnoxious gringotts goblin Vince Cable (go on, watch harry potter "do" that bank and tell me the head goblin isnlt vince cable's half brother ... but i digress)

Cable and his party have done more to exterminate the large engined diesel SUV than any other here. Oh sure the greens would LIKE to tell you they had a hand, but they are not the party Cameron had to offer up his cabinet (and probably lots more besides) to in 2010, and they lost no time in making hay from it, and for Cable to say now that the decision of Nissan to pull back from launching a diesel sports utility vehicle to rival the mid range landrover in the UK which is pledged to make diesel AND PETROL extinct, and crucify diesel drivers, facts which have seen an 80% dropoff in diesel takeup is nothing short of the spoutings of lord haw-haw.....
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnofgwent For This Useful Post:

cassie (06-02-2019), T00ts (06-02-2019)