Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The BBC cannot be trusted

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the Beeb. It is an electronic version of the Guardian with the main difference that instead of relying on the income from the sale of Auto Trader, Auntie gets a sub from anybody who watches the telly.

Like most folk I go to the BBC website to see if WWIII has been declared because I reckon that the corporation can be trusted to do that. The automatic suggestion that it was caused by the Tories trying to destroy the food banks is something that most of us ignore.

LOL borkie , the bbc provide a valuable service to the" country."

The keep the elderly who dont do the modern technology thingy , phones interwebby etc misinformed and in their place , and provide the rest of us with some light comedy entertainment.
    "Pour l’Angleterre … il n’y a pas d’alliance qui tienne, ni de traité qui vaille, ni la vérité qui compte." Charles De Gaulle

Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

Thanks
    200k listeners tune out of Radio Scotland in two years

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/2...ae09d605a01dfa

Poor auld auntie doesnt seem to be doing very well in jockland , i read bbc wales is similar.

...and now apparently they are hardcore brexiters...........

BBC bans EU flags at Eurovision event - and provides Union flags instead
    https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk//to...e_social_icons
    "Pour l’Angleterre … il n’y a pas d’alliance qui tienne, ni de traité qui vaille, ni la vérité qui compte." Charles De Gaulle

Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cassie View Post
    I remember a BBC radio presenter letting it slip that there were champagne bottles and glasses littering the studio when Labour won in 1997. She said 'oops, shouldn't have said that'
    But we are often told that it wasn’t “Labour” that won in 1997, but a Thatcher influenced New Labour...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,079 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    But we are often told that it wasn’t “Labour” that won in 1997, but a Thatcher influenced New Labour...
    Oh, I see. So there would have been even more champagne and celebrations if the "real" Tories had one, eh, Pat?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Oh, I see. So there would have been even more champagne and celebrations if the "real" Tories had one, eh, Pat?
    Don't follow your logic in ascribing such a view to me — especially as the general opinion on this forum seems to be the BBC is red in truth and clause four...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,079 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    Don't follow your logic in ascribing such a view to me — especially as the general opinion on this forum seems to be the BBC is red in truth and clause four...
    Too subtle for you, then. Really sorry about that.