Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44

Thread: Brexit - Dose of reality needed

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    729
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 48 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevlin View Post
    Total codswllop ---- if you really believe that walking away without a deal means a win for the EU!! There would be NO immediate winners in that situation.....
    With any kind of Brexit, there are no winners. But the UK will be the biggest loser for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevlin View Post
    but future prospects would undoubtedly be better for the UK.....even if only because of saving that ridiculous £mult-billion annual tribute to the EU.
    And you say that after Japan has just signed a trade deal with Japan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevlin View Post
    Sensible negotiations are being made far more difficult for the UK because of the high degree of Parliamentary Europhiles, with apparently, many who are personally concerned about losing EU subsidies....
    It was absolutely stupid, ( and probably raised deliberately to have such an effect), to get Parliament to declare that 'a no-deal' is off the table'....whilst this motion is not a mandatory imposition on the government, it will certainly encourage, and enable the EU to play hard ball until well after the 11th hour.
    Others would say that the problem is the high number of Quitters. If the number of quitters were lower, the deal would have passed. I say *the* deal because there is no other deal, only unicorns.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    15,279
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked 443 Times in 385 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Findeton View Post
    If the number of quitters were lower, the deal would have passed. I say *the* deal because there is no other deal, only unicorns.

    The problem being it may well be a donkey with plunger on it head.


  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    1,134
    Thanks
    191
    Thanked 195 Times in 141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    The problem being it may well be a donkey with plunger on it head.
    Did you enjoy your bread and water?
    I can explain it to you, but I canít understand it for you.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    15,279
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked 443 Times in 385 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Did you enjoy your bread and water?
    Bread and water? What are you on about?

    Unlike many of my neighbours, I don't have a food problem.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9,755
    Thanks
    1,892
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 1,255 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    The problem being it may well be a donkey with plunger on it head.

    That's quite good!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    1,134
    Thanks
    191
    Thanked 195 Times in 141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    Bread and water? What are you on about?

    Unlike many of my neighbours, I don't have a food problem.
    It was a joke, welcome back.
    I can explain it to you, but I canít understand it for you.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    217
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 29 Times in 22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    The problem being it may well be a donkey with plunger on it head.

    Probably this donkey...

    https://www.reddit.com/r/weirdnews/c..._dildo_on_its/

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    210
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It's also a lie that the UK has hired 20,000 extra civil servants. It has merely moved a few people sideways, which probably speaks more about the over staffing in the civil service. But it hasn't cost 20,000 new jobs.
    So, the government doesnt have any intention of allowing no deal, and its just all for show, so they have shifted a few people sideways to pretend there is even the slightest possibility of no deal?

    Because if it really happense, they will need a lot more,permanently.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    15,279
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked 443 Times in 385 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sirocco View Post
    So, the government doesnt have any intention of allowing no deal, .

    Frankly in practical terms the point of no return has been reached and passed. In my opinion there will be a hard Brexit with no Customs Union and if I were an international smuggling gang leader I would be jumping for joy.
    Especially after this announcement:-

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47121225

    4th February 2019





    Lorries will be able to drive straight off ferries and Channel Tunnel trains without making customs declarations in the event of a no-deal Brexit, the government has announced.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,979
    Thanks
    1,108
    Thanked 889 Times in 725 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    Bread and water? What are you on about?

    Unlike many of my neighbours, I don't have a food problem.
    I know how you feel. I can't stand fussy eaters either


Similar Threads

  1. Hard Brexit is needed..its a no-brainer
    By treez in forum Brexit
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 20-09-2018, 06:47 PM
  2. Reality Check
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18-06-2018, 06:23 PM
  3. The dream....the reality
    By DeppityDawg in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 23-04-2018, 07:37 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 14-06-2017, 10:03 PM
  5. Reality Check
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2017, 12:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •