Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How About

Thanks
    Its interesting how ever EU supporter sees unlimited immigration as a good thing but its seen as a bad thing by those who want to leave.

Not sure theres much compromise available there..

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My general perception up to now is that Brexiters's scorn for remainers has been along the line of 'anti-democratic' or 'unpatriotic' or 'whining snowflakes'.

As a remainer, my general perception of how my side regards Brexiters is 'bonkers'.

Its interesting how ever EU supporter sees unlimited immigration as a good thing but its seen as a bad thing by those who want to leave.
    As a remainer I don't believe in unlimited immigration from anywhere in the world. I do believe in freedom of movement within the EU with tough external border controls around the EU. The EU belatedly decided to toughen up its external border controls after the Hungary refugee crisis, in the middle of our referendum campaign. So now we'll probably be outside the EU's new tougher border controls. There's irony for you!
    I dahn do non-judgement'aw. ... and put ya blinkin' shirt on mate, wiwya!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post

Who is advocating unlimited immigration?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperduck Quack Quack View Post
    My general perception up to now is that Brexiters's scorn for remainers has been along the line of 'anti-democratic' or 'unpatriotic' or 'whining snowflakes'.
    Sounds about right. On the one hand we have the Brexiters fighting for sovereignty and on the other there is Eddie Izzard throwing a hissy fit because someone stole his make up box.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post
    Sounds about right. On the one hand we have the Brexiters fighting for sovereignty and on the other there is Eddie Izzard throwing a hissy fit because someone stole his make up box.
    Parliament is the ultimate sovereignty in the UK. The very fact that we are embarked on Brexit proves this. And look at the mess the institution where sovereignty lies has got us into. If we'd given up sovereignty to the EU, there'd be no Article 50, no organised exit procedure. Instead Nigel Farage would be standing with an army of UKIP militia dressed like 1950's gamekeepers on the White Cliffs of Dover waiting to repel a combined invasion by the EU Imperial Army, Navy and Air Force that would include a fair share of British personnel!
    I dahn do non-judgement'aw. ... and put ya blinkin' shirt on mate, wiwya!

Thanks

Well the question was to list some benefits of the EU...

If you want a pros and cons list thats different but i think on balance you would end up with more pros than cons for the EU.

Immigration for example, a pro of the EU model is that it allows for free movement for british and EU citizens which helps british business fill vacancies quickly and easily that it may not be able to fill.

A con might then be are those vacancies being filled by foreign workers that could be filled by british workers.

I understand you might feel that brexit is being undermined but the simple fact is that brexit was being sold as only upside....there is always a downside to every decision. Unfortunately britain (or at least some in britain) are only learning of the downsides now after they took the decision.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Conchúr View Post
    Who is advocating unlimited immigration?

You, BumblinB and Hyperduck

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BumblinB View Post
    Well the question was to list some benefits of the EU...

But the point is that what you see as a benefit (unlimited immigration) others see as a negative - which is why I dont see much room for compromise.

Thanks
    But the point is that what you see as a benefit (unlimited immigration) others see as a negative - which is why I dont see much room for compromise.
    Firstly it isnt unlimited immigration.

Secondly i freely accept that this has pros and cons...you seem to only able to see one side for some reason.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BumblinB View Post
    Firstly it isnt unlimited immigration.

Secondly i freely accept that this has pros and cons...you seem to only able to see one side for some reason.
    It is unlimited immigration where Momma Merkel is concerned. She is waving them all in.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Junckrfu For This Useful Post:

Barry (31-01-2019)